Celebration Orlando: Swag

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Trading swag has become incredibly popular at these Celebrations. Collectors and fans produce their own pins, patches, stickers, etc. and set out to trade for as many cool little collectibles as they can get their hands on. What do you have planned for Orlando? Post yours here to let everyone know where to find you and what you'll be offering.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Star Tots will be returning for Orlando? I missed Celebration Europe but didn't see any evidence that they were being handed out there.

Reaction score
I am hoping the Star Tots return as well. They still need to do one set (Return of the Jedi) to complete the vintage line. They have done Star Wars (Celebration VI), Power of the Force (Celebration Europe II), and The Empire Strikes Back (Celebration Anaheim).

Reaction score
How do the Star Tots/Pins work? Do the booths have limited amounts of them or can you only get so many per day?
Pins are sold at the celebration store...they will likely sell out. Star Tots, if they are doing tots, are given away at the collector panels, 1 per person.

Reaction score
Pins are sold at the celebration store...they will likely sell out. Star Tots, if they are doing tots, are given away at the collector panels, 1 per person.
Ok. And are they the same per panel or random, hence the trading sessions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ok. And are they the same per panel or random, hence the trading sessions?

The Tots? They are random, you won't know which one you will get until you come out of the panel. Based on the times of panels and the lines, you pretty much have to have a partner to be able to collect all the Tots from each of the collector panels.

Reaction score
4 mos to go and we dont have lots of swag being posted yet? I hope people are just waiting to start posting. I have narrowed my buttons down to 3 designs. Need more buttons on my lanyards!!

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the shirt and lanyard. I'll try and avoid the store unless I can get there early on Thursday morning.

I'll pre-order my print as well just to avoid trying to determine which one I want when I get there.

Reaction score
My tickets and trip was a Christmas gift from the wife, excited to be going, will start to see what I can do for some swag. At Celebration Anahiem I made small cardback figure keychains.

Reaction score
It really is my first year :) awesome design!

thanks, its fun to think of something and find an artist to help me.

I'm so eager to see what people post this year. im really surprised we dont have several pages of pre-production yet.

Reaction score
It will be my first Celebration too! I didn't even know trading swag was a thing. Where exactly does this happen, at booths or just wherever?

Also, do vendors ever sell fake or repro action figures? I'm looking to add a couple of vintage figures to my collection this year and I want to feel safe buying at Celebration.:)

Reaction score
swag is all over. attendees drive most of the trading. random handouts, mini contests, social media. there is usually an official pin trading program with items from ReedPop. Fan tables from clubs and groups the have items. its super duper cool and a great way to meet people.

as for fake figs, i highly doubt vendors would be selling fakes at a show like this. with the sheer volume of expert collectors, only takes a few to spot a fake and you are ruined.

Reaction score
swag is all over. attendees drive most of the trading. random handouts, mini contests, social media. there is usually an official pin trading program with items from ReedPop. Fan tables from clubs and groups the have items. its super duper cool and a great way to meet people.

as for fake figs, i highly doubt vendors would be selling fakes at a show like this. with the sheer volume of expert collectors, only takes a few to spot a fake and you are ruined.
Thanks for responding DarthBaldylox!

I'd like to join in the fun of trading swag but I guess that means I have to come up with something to trade! I love making things. It's usually pins?

Reaction score
Thanks for responding DarthBaldylox!

I'd like to join in the fun of trading swag but I guess that means I have to come up with something to trade! I love making things. It's usually pins?
Usually it's trading of the pins or tots they hand out, there's a ton to collect. So you wouldn't need to bring anything, just trading of what you get.

My girlfriend and I are attending and hopefully we can get a full set of the freebies if we split up a bit.

Reaction score
Usually it's trading of the pins or tots they hand out, there's a ton to collect. So you wouldn't need to bring anything, just trading of what you get.

My girlfriend and I are attending and hopefully we can get a full set of the freebies if we split up a bit.

Wow, that's really cool! Kinda reminds me when I was in Girl Scouts and we'd trade pins with the other troops at camp events and whatnot. This may be a dumb question, but what's a "tot"? Like a small trinket or figure?

Reaction score
i left with 4 lanyards full of pins in anaheim, 12 stickers, 3 temporary tattooes, 7 keychains, 3 new lanyards and 5 patches. Pins are the #1 traded item. myself, i use purebuttons.com as my printer. they are really cool with helping you in the design if you arent too good or dont know how to use their templates. good prices too.

I tend to randomly offer swag to folks who catch my eye, kids, cool cosplayers, but always save a stash for trading with other traders. I post on FB what im wearing each day and what my panel plans are. Some folks literally will hunt you down to get swag. its so fun. I'm numbering all my pins this year and will be doing multi-daily random raffles to get my super special pin pack :D

so please, create, share, experience, the REAL SWC :D

I hope this thread pics up soon. if you look back at the Anaheim thread, the SWAG was amazing

Reaction score
i left with 4 lanyards full of pins in anaheim, 12 stickers, 3 temporary tattooes, 7 keychains, 3 new lanyards and 5 patches. Pins are the #1 traded item. myself, i use purebuttons.com as my printer. they are really cool with helping you in the design if you arent too good or dont know how to use their templates. good prices too.

I tend to randomly offer swag to folks who catch my eye, kids, cool cosplayers, but always save a stash for trading with other traders. I post on FB what im wearing each day and what my panel plans are. Some folks literally will hunt you down to get swag. its so fun. I'm numbering all my pins this year and will be doing multi-daily random raffles to get my super special pin pack :D

I hope this thread pics up soon. if you look back at the Anaheim thread, the SWAG was amazing
Oh man this is really making me excited. I want to make something to contribute! I'll check out that website you posted and I'll have to find that Anaheim thread. :)

Reaction score

Oh man this is really making me excited. I want to make something to contribute! I'll check out that website you posted and I'll have to find that Anaheim thread. :)
SaveSave

Reaction score
swag is starting to pick up. ive been working with 8 more people (via swco swag on fb) who are doing their first ones at their first swc. :D

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]99% Final concept of my 3 buttons. Each one is rim printed with info for this group and some hashtags for tracking and taking photos at the show.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. DotMAtrix - Rookies Only - sorry veterans - 200ct
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. Ackbar Fish - ALL - random red buttons in the batch 200/25ct
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. Leia.Kenny Pack - Special Handout or from #2 Red Button 50ct
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]got a few more things to work on for fun....ie cheaper lol

http://imgur.com/a/auaMz

[/FONT]

Reaction score
Gah, sorry peeps. Not allowed to have attachments, and cant edit post. Ill figure out a way to get the pictures up here soon

Reaction score
My swag arrived yesterday. I'll be handing these out throughout the convention to anyone around. No secret code words. Just find me. I have some more details on how to get them here.