Celebration Orlando: Photo-Ops

Reaction score
That was exactly my experience as well. She said hello and greeted me with a warm smile, we took our spots, I put my arm around her and she put her hand against my back. She was extremely friendly and polite.
Good to hear :)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm guessing that your friend might have thought she was "boring" compared to Tudyk due to her tending to quietly let the funnier guys take the limelight. That's how she's always come across to me when she does group interviews with the fellows. By herself she was very nice. Can't speak for Gellar since I wasn't interested in meeting her. I do feel like I've read somewhere else that she was strict on the "no touching" deal though. Hopefully that wasn't the case.

Reaction score
I got Tudyk separately and he was exactly how you would expect. Super friendly guy.

I talked to a couple who were disappointed in their experience with Gellar.

Reaction score
Who all did you end up meeting jim? I did a photo and auto with Felicity and then an auto with Denis Lawson. Lawson's line was only about 7 minutes long which was very nice after spending half the day in the two Felicity lines (about 30 minutes for her photo and 2.5 hours for her auto.)
Photos:
Hamill
Ian
Felicity

Auto's
Gold Leader
Wedge
Biggs
(Couldn't pay double what I paid before to get Mark, just didn't seeem right so I passed).
Bulloch (cause he just seems frail at this point and wanted one more before he leaves us).

Felicity didn't wanna be there based on her photos

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Man she had a nice sultry look in my pic ! Put her arm around me and my son. But we gave her some space out of respect.
Her manor of dress was presentful and tasteful.
She's a trained Brit actor. Respectful and polite. Her demeanor is soft spoken. She takes the back stage to the more accomplished or robust actors around her. Look at her interview with Forrest on youtube from Celebration and you will see what I mean.

To me... she was charming to the last.

Reaction score
Photos:
Hamill
Ian
Felicity

Auto's
Gold Leader
Wedge
Biggs
(Couldn't pay double what I paid before to get Mark, just didn't seeem right so I passed).
Bulloch (cause he just seems frail at this point and wanted one more before he leaves us).
That's awesome. In retrospect I wish I had met Gold Leader too. My "grail" meetings now would be Ford (obviously) and James Earl Jones and I think it'd be absolutely awesome to get a group pic of Mark and Daisy with me and my daughter. Or me, Mark, and my son (who's also named Luke.)

Reaction score
I had a great experience with Felicity. I did some searching beforehand and found out that she loves a few items from the UK that aren't readily available in the US. I hunted them down and when I arrived at her table she was pleasant and smiled and started to sign the picture. I asked her if I could give her something and she looked up to see what I was holding. I wish I could have gotten her reaction on video. It was amazing. She very loudly exclaimed, "Oh my God, fudges and tyrrells crisps, I love those! How did you know?"

She won't remember my face or my name but she will remember the nice fine who brought her favorite UK snacks to her at Celebration.

That's why I prefer the autograph over the photo ops everytime. You get to have a real interaction with someone you admire. Yes they won't remember you but I will never forget the time I made Felicity Jones smile like that. Totally worth every penny and hours spent in line!

Reaction score
Brilliantly played groove790! I would say I preferred my photo experience over the autograph (though both were great.) Just the fact that we were both standing as we interacted before and during the photo felt more natural than having her sitting behind a table with me standing. But it was just great all around. It's just really cool for all of us that our lives intersected, however briefly, with such a fine actress and person who will also forever be a lasting icon of Star Wars.

Reaction score
By the time Group B started for Felicity she was flying through the autographs. No personalizations, no pausing to have even a bit of a chat, and I am not one to stop the proceedings. So it was it was a very quick "Hello, thanks for coming." On the upside, the line moved incredibly fast.

Reaction score
I was in the latter half of Group A and didn't get a personalized auto either unfortunately.

Reaction score
I was in the latter half of Group A and didn't get a personalized auto either unfortunately.
I was at the front of group A and I also didn't get it personalized. As soon as I got up there the handler said no personalization. That's ok. I have a great memory regardless.

Reaction score
Yeah, Tudyk was an awesome guy. I had the K2 figure I wanted signed but the Auto tickets sold out. So, he held the K2 figure in front of him in the photo.

I got Tudyk separately and he was exactly how you would expect. Super friendly guy.

I talked to a couple who were disappointed in their experience with Gellar.

Reaction score
Yeah, Tudyk was an awesome guy. I had the K2 figure I wanted signed but the Auto tickets sold out. So, he held the K2 figure in front of him in the photo.
That works. Two people behind me were displaying as Kaylee and Wash for his photo.

Reaction score
This was probably the worst set up photo op that I have ever had the displeasure to be in. No one from Tops new what they were doing & half of them contradicted the other half. Please, Please, bring back OP for the next convention.
One topps worker said they had no training at all.

Reaction score
While I was waiting for the Tudyk Photo op a guy got scalded for photographing his kid at the edge of the autograph area.

Reaction score
While I was waiting for the Tudyk Photo op a guy got scalded for photographing his kid at the edge of the autograph area.
Fun and celebration have been overtaken by greed and misery. This paid photo op nonsense has gone a long way to ruin the fun of these things.

Reaction score
Fun and celebration have been overtaken by greed and misery. This paid photo op nonsense has gone a long way to ruin the fun of these things.
Yeah, I don't plan on going to another Star Wars Celebration. To be honest I am actually hoping C9 will be in Anaheim again so I can't go. :grin:

Reaction score
Y'know, I understand enforcing the rules, but dousing a man with boiling water in front of his child? That's over the line.

Reaction score
I find it ridiculous that with an overpaid autograph ticket for the minor characters 35-45 at celebration and you can't get a table photo with them. When they charge 20-30 at smaller conventions, free photo is usually included. Of course, I understand the big guests but half of the small guests had nobody in line when I got them on Thursday.

Reaction score
I was about 10 people back in line and I tried to take a picture of Ian when he came out of the curtain and the person threatened to take my phone away. I said I'd like to see them try. The person then made a very loud announcement for everyone to put their phones away and pictures were forbidden. If they were smart they would do it like OPix and put the big names behind curtains. We have already discussed the lack of smart though.

Reaction score
The "no photos from the line" rule is pretty annoying. It's not like you're keeping them from making money. A crappy photo taken while it line is certainly no replacement for the professional photo ops they sell.

Reaction score
The "no photos from the line" rule is pretty annoying. It's not like you're keeping them from making money. A crappy photo taken while it line is certainly no replacement for the professional photo ops they sell.
You and I both feel like it isn't a replacement but there are people who will not buy the photo op if they can get a quick selfie. It is definitely keeping them from making money.

Reaction score
You and I both feel like it isn't a replacement but there are people who will not buy the photo op if they can get a quick selfie. It is definitely keeping them from making money.
Yeah, I go to a lot of cons where you can pay to have a selfie at the signing table. I always do this over a pro photo op when it's an option. It's cheaper and you get more of an interaction with the celeb.

Reaction score
I didn't get a photo op or sig of Forest Whitaker BUT I managed to catch him just walking the con floor and was able to shake his hand. :) He looked like he was really enjoying himself at the convention.

Reaction score
I see them as 2 different things.
"Selfies", yes I understand them not posing when it holds up the line and is something they are charging for with the pro photo ops.
"Taking pics in line", with people from Topps barking about taking general photos in line, which does zero harm and takes up zero time, is a joke.

I took pics of almost everyone signing my stuff (Hayden, Ian, Lawson, and others) with exceptions being Billy Dee and Mayhew (of which I have plenty photos of them already :p ). I only got scolded one time which was from the mid point of someone's line...otherwise I had no problems taking pics of them signing my stuff. I must have been lucky to have those particular workers at those times. :p I asked Matthew Wood if he would take a quick selfie (I was the only one in his line) and he had no problem with it.

Official Pix doing the curtains for the headliners to cut down on the spectacle, that made sense. I remember in 2012 still getting barked at by an orange shirt power tripper for taking a photo further back from the thick of a line, just wanting to get an atmosphere shot of the general hall, and still barked at. But the practice of shielding them behind the curtain is sound.

C2E2 does the same as what Topps did, putting up signs and saying No Photos, period, beyond that point. Last year in line for John Cusack I was so far back in line that I took a simple shot of the autograph area for my own digital scrapbook and sure enough, had a volunteer in my face about it. Then when I was in front of Cusack and he was signing my photo, I snapped a pic of him signing and nobody said a word.

They can make whatever rules they want but as Ackbar1138 said above, they are losing the fun and celebration aspect of it. It's certainly not very fan friendly anymore, and I'm just about done going to cons. :p

Reaction score
When I was getting my Tiya sig, my friend asked her if he could take a pic of her signing. She quietly said yes but said not to let them (Topps) see him.

Reaction score
I'd actually prefer being able to take a picture of the person signing the autograph. I'm not really interested in trying to capture a selfie with them.. For me I like to make a shadow box type display that has the certificate of authenticity, the actual autograph and than a quick pic of the person signing the autograph and if I get a photo-op than I'll put that in there as well.

Reaction score
Call it an impromptu photo op but I Saturday night after the 501st bash I was walking to the parking lot to got back to my room and as I was going though a set of double doors. I saw this guy rolling by. I got a photo taken with Warwick Davis. The guy was great.