Celebration Orlando: Photo-Ops

Reaction score
So this will be my first major con of any kind and I'm doing the 4-day pass. So with the photo op versus aitograph it's one or the other, right? Like they won't sign the photo or take a photo with you while signing?

I saw two different/separate prices online sp I assume it's one at a time.

Reaction score
Depends on the celeb. The big names, definitely no pics. They won't even let you take pics of them signing your stuff.

For the less popular, they might let you get a free pic. Others might charge extra for the pic at their table but much less than a Photo Op.

And with PhotoOps remember that you get a quick "Hi", snap the pic and go. You get maybe about 5 seconds with the celeb. 10, if you are lucky.

Reaction score
So this will be my first major con of any kind and I'm doing the 4-day pass. So with the photo op versus aitograph it's one or the other, right? Like they won't sign the photo or take a photo with you while signing?
If you want the photo signed, you can always buy an autograph in their line to do so later.

The smaller celebs may let you take a photo in their autograph line, but you won't really know until you get there.

Some cons you can pay to be able to take a photo with your camera at the autograph table, but Celebration doesn't seem to do that.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Also, if I'm there with my girlfriend can we both be in the photo for the same price or is it per person? I've seen convention pricing like wizard world where the price is for one or two people at a time. It'd suck to have to drop like $150ea just to get a pic with hamill for example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Also, if I'm there with my girlfriend can we both be in the photo for the same price or is it per person? I've seen convention pricing like wizard world where the price is for one or two people at a time. It'd suck to have to drop like $150ea just to get a pic with hamill for example.

It's typically two people per photo at cons, but I think I saw for Celebration Europe, it was only one person. I wasn't there though so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Another question for those he were at SWCE, did you have the option to purchase a digital version at the photo ops? Most cons you can, but I didn't know about Celebration.

Reaction score

In the past, one person is allowed to join you in the photo for no additional cost. You do need to purchase another photo if you both want one though. My wife joined me in my photo with Carrie Fisher back at Celebration Europe 2.

Reaction score
In the past, one person is allowed to join you in the photo for no additional cost. You do need to purchase another photo if you both want one though. My wife joined me in my photo with Carrie Fisher back at Celebration Europe 2.
The last celebration didn't allow this.

Reaction score
That's a bummer. I do believe the photo-op company is different here in the states than at celebration Europe, but I could be mistaken. I'm planning to get one again this year with my buddy.
Yeah, we just won't know until they announce the procedure for this year.

Reaction score
Celebration London 2016 was handled by Showmasters, and they normally has a policy saying each person in a photoshoot must pay for a photo ticket.
Celebrations in USA has previously allowed 2 people to be in the photo for the price of one ticket.
However this will be new people handling it, so we won't know until something is announced or until we are there.

Reaction score
I really hope it's a different company. I'm going by myself, so it doesn't matter to me personally, but I think two people is reasonable for a photo. My biggest hope is that they allow you to purchase a digital copy.

Reaction score
In Anaheim the digital copy was just an extra 10 bucks on top of the regular photo. Something similar is likely. I doubt you will be able to purchase only a digital copy.
Yeah, I know. That's how most cons are. I think I read though that the last Celebration didn't have that option. I frame my print outs and hang them on my wall, but I like having a digital back up in case anything ever happened (and I like having them on my phone). I know I could scan it, but it's not as high quality that way.

Reaction score
but I like having a digital back up in case anything ever happened (and I like having them on my phone).
Understandable. I've had a digital picture from celebration as my desktop background for the last couple years. I wouldn't see it as often any other way.

Reaction score
Topps is the new photo/autograph handlers for all Star Wars merchandising now. They added starwarsauthentic.com website. Topps has been fantastic for my family in the sports photo/autograph world, so i expect them to do a great job. its nothing new to them, other than reedpop/starwars fans. I do expect a price hike from all previous conventions though.

Reaction score
I think I'd rather have a photo with someone than an autograph (if you do have to choose). An autograph will be valuable if you ever wanted to resell, but a picture says "I was there, with them. We met."

Can't wait to see who's in the line up for this year!

Reaction score
I think I'd rather have a photo with someone than an autograph (if you do have to choose). An autograph will be valuable if you ever wanted to resell, but a picture says "I was there, with them. We met."

Can't wait to see who's in the line up for this year!
Well said kylo!!! Cant wait either....

Reaction score
:) Who do you think will be there?

Mark's usually a given, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels...usually just OT right?

Reaction score
:) Who do you think will be there?

Mark's usually a given, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels...usually just OT right?
In the past, it's mostly OT. There's a decent chance for Ray Park as he's been doing more conventions, but there's not many prequel only actors.

Reaction score
MArk, Peter, Ian, Anthony, Ray, Ashley. the 'ifs' Rebels sans FPJ. Lots of smaller roll folks, which i actually like as you get more time to talk to them. Filoni likely will be see with ashley at her booth and probably at hasbro/mattel again.

Anyone new will be a frenzy and cost a fortune. :(

Reaction score
These run so smooth.

Max of 4 persons per pic. Same as Anaheim.

These to me can be better than autos with the right celeb.

Reaction score
These to me can be better than autos with the right celeb.
That's so true! Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes made the photographer take 3 pics with me & my brother because we had our 501st racing shirts on. They wanted the pics to show the back of our shirts. So we got three pics for the price of one! Each one had them in funny poses.

Reaction score
That's so true! Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes made the photographer take 3 pics with me & my brother because we had our 501st racing shirts on. They wanted the pics to show the back of our shirts. So we got three pics for the price of one! Each one had them in funny poses.
Ha! Yeah, I got four photos with Mewes for the price of one.

Reaction score
Selling my Sold Out Photo Op for Felicity Jones on Saturday 15th April at Celebration Orlando. It's Group B, although exact times are not specified yet. Not looking to make any money from it, would just like to get back the $250 that I paid. Feel free to PM me. Thanks!​

Reaction score
Long shot I know but I anyone has a Hamill photo op for Friday the 14th they can't use I may be interested. For the last 2 celebrations we have done a family photo (me, wife, daughter, son and Mark) and wanted to do this again this time, but the timing I waiting to have funds available and his photo op selling out didn't jive up.

Reaction score
Anyone know how many groups there are? So far I'm group A for smg/fpj and Hamill. Still waiting to get my ticket for Hayden, likely A as well since I ordered earlier on.

Reaction score
Anyone know how many groups there are? So far I'm group A for smg/fpj and Hamill. Still waiting to get my ticket for Hayden, likely A as well since I ordered earlier on.

It goes from A-E. I ordered Felicity on the first day and got E (it was late in the day). I got A for Hamill.

Reaction score
I received my Mark photo op ticket email but have not received my Hayden one yet. Anyone who ordered a Hayden photo op received the ticket email yet?

Reaction score
I received my Mark photo op ticket email but have not received my Hayden one yet. Anyone who ordered a Hayden photo op received the ticket email yet?
Also waiting on Hayden. Seems like they take a week or so to process. I just got my Hamill one this morning and ordered the first day he went live.

Reaction score
I ordered Tudyk and Hayden same day at same time - got Tudyk ticket yesterday. Still no Haydrn ticket.

Reaction score
I wonder if i get my wristband, could I make it to the photo op, being group A, and then get into the panel still? If I have a wristband I should be set, right? Of course I'll get a farther back seat, but I'd still like to see it.

Reaction score
I wonder if i get my wristband, could I make it to the photo op, being group A, and then get into the panel still? If I have a wristband I should be set, right? Of course I'll get a farther back seat, but I'd still like to see it.
I don't know if they close the doors when the panel starts or not.