Celebration Orlando: Hotels

Reaction score
WTF!!! Here is what I got from the Rosen Centre today:

"When you selected the Rosen Centre Hotel for your April stay, we confirmed a reservation for April 12 for 5 nights. Unfortunately, due to a rare error in our system we have found ourselves in an oversold situation on the dates of April 14[SUP]th[/SUP] and 15[SUP]th[/SUP] which is impacting all bookings that are going over these dates. We sincerely apologize for our error and must share that the Rosen Centre Hotel will not be able to honor your booking on the above dates. While we understand that you are due to arrive in prior to these dates we realize that it is unlikely you would prefer a split stay in two different hotels. We thought it best to reach out to guests now rather than wait until arrival and further inconvenience anyone with this information after a day of traveling."

I'm seriously ticked off!:'(
Ticked off? I'd be LIVID!!! I hope you contacted them!

Reaction score
WTF!!! Here is what I got from the Rosen Centre today:

"When you selected the Rosen Centre Hotel for your April stay, we confirmed a reservation for April 12 for 5 nights. Unfortunately, due to a rare error in our system we have found ourselves in an oversold situation on the dates of April 14[SUP]th[/SUP] and 15[SUP]th[/SUP] which is impacting all bookings that are going over these dates. We sincerely apologize for our error and must share that the Rosen Centre Hotel will not be able to honor your booking on the above dates. While we understand that you are due to arrive in prior to these dates we realize that it is unlikely you would prefer a split stay in two different hotels. We thought it best to reach out to guests now rather than wait until arrival and further inconvenience anyone with this information after a day of traveling."

I'm seriously ticked off!:'(
Great, I'm staying at the Rosen Centre I hope I don't get one of these emails. I did book way back in May when they were first announced. I hope that is in my favor?

Reaction score
I have been dealing with this issue for well over a month for a large group I am coordinating. Back in Dec the Rosen Centre mistakenly opened up rooms during the Celebration Block period that they should not have. Anyone who booked at that time will have their reservation changed to the alternate Hotel "The B Hotel" some 5.5 miles away at a discounted rate of $109/night. If you have reservations through ONPEAK you are fine. You may call the Rosen and they may tell you that you are fine, but again if you booked back in Dec via the Hotel itself, you will be screwed and may not find out until you arrive.

Great, I'm staying at the Rosen Centre I hope I don't get one of these emails. I did book way back in May when they were first announced. I hope that is in my favor?

Reaction score
I have been dealing with this issue for well over a month for a large group I am coordinating. Back in Dec the Rosen Centre mistakenly opened up rooms during the Celebration Block period that they should not have. Anyone who booked at that time will have their reservation changed to the alternate Hotel "The B Hotel" some 5.5 miles away at a discounted rate of $109/night. If you have reservations through ONPEAK you are fine. You may call the Rosen and they may tell you that you are fine, but again if you booked back in Dec via the Hotel itself, you will be screwed and may not find out until you arrive.
Yep. That's when I booked, back in December. So they told you a month ago? Wonder why I just got contacted now, two weeks before I arrive. Now I'm scrambling to find something. I'm not taking the alternate hotel that they booked for me 7 miles away!

Reaction score
Ticked off? I'd be LIVID!!! I hope you contacted them!
My wife contacted them and raised hell. Poor woman on the other end of the phone. :grin: In the end it was "tough luck, there's nothing we can do except rebook you at a hotel 7 miles away".

Supposedly there are many people in this situation right now.

Reaction score
Just checked OnPeak site, and currently, for April 14,15 you can do Hyatt Regency for ($199/night, across st of convention) or Rosen Plaza ($179/night, close but not across street).

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Orlando/Hotel/

Yep. That's when I booked, back in December. So they told you a month ago? Wonder why I just got contacted now, two weeks before I arrive. Now I'm scrambling to find something. I'm not taking the alternate hotel that they booked for me 7 miles away!

Reaction score
There's a room at the Clarion next to the Convention Center available. I am staying with a friend now so if you need a room call right now!!

Reaction score
has anyone seen their charges yet for the one night charge??? i'm staying at the hyatt and have not seen anything yet??? i am planning on calling on peak tomorrow

Reaction score
CC info from onepeak to the hotels are being transferred next week. I made a call 2 days ago to check on mine at the hyatt regency

has anyone seen their charges yet for the one night charge??? i'm staying at the hyatt and have not seen anything yet??? i am planning on calling on peak tomorrow

Reaction score
If you booked recently you may not have been charged yet (like, in the last week through OnPeak). You should call the hotel that you've book through OnPeak to verify your reservation. I called the Rosen Centre this morning and they confirmed and even sent me a form with all my reservation information on it.

Reaction score
I called the Hyatt Regency and they said they don't expect the list of names from OnPeek until April 5. Gave me a bit of an anxiety attack when first operator couldn't find my name! Then the forwarded me to someone else, who had to look under event code 'SW' to tell me to try again in several days. Just a heads up.

Reaction score
The rep I spoke to at the Rosen Centre had to contact their person who coordinates with OnPeak for the event before they found my reservation. So make sure you tell them you booked through an event site and give them the company (OnPeak) and the event.

Reaction score
Booked Hilton through OnPeak when it first went live. Have yet to see a charge.

Reaction score
I called the Hyatt Regency and they said they don't expect the list of names from OnPeek until April 5. Gave me a bit of an anxiety attack when first operator couldn't find my name! Then the forwarded me to someone else, who had to look under event code 'SW' to tell me to try again in several days. Just a heads up.
Just called again today and successfully confirmed my Hyatt Regency reservation. :D

Reaction score
The Rosen website didn't recognize my confirmation number. But I called and just with email and phone number they were able to confirm my stay.

Reaction score
My reservation at the Hilton Orlando that was placed through OnPeak is showing up in my Hilton app now, with the sub-heading "Star Wars Celebration". Whew....glad to finally see that everything is all set!!

Reaction score
Is the Hilton easy to access the convention center from? hard to tell on the map...

Reaction score
Just curious why so many people here seemed to book thru on peak? I'm a very loyal Hotels.com user, partially because of familiarity, but more so becaause I've always been happy with their service, prices, and rewards program.

Reaction score
Tips was my first time using on Peak. For all Celebrations since 2002 I have been able to use reward points to cover the full stays but after 16 years of hoarding points my leisure travel has caught up to business travel haha. I was a college student during C1 so we basically just lived in a van down by the river for 3 days. Had to use on peak simply because I waited so long to book that that was the only way to get the hotels that were close enough.

Reaction score
Just curious why so many people here seemed to book thru on peak? I'm a very loyal Hotels.com user, partially because of familiarity, but more so becaause I've always been happy with their service, prices, and rewards program.
Main reason for me was that the booking was open more than a year in advance and it was the only way to guarantee a nice hotel near by.

Reaction score
Main reason for me was that the booking was open more than a year in advance and it was the only way to guarantee a nice hotel near by.
Yeah, I kept pinging the Hyatt site directly and no luck. Then, one day, OnPeak started having availability while the Hyatt site still did not.
Also, a couple of pages back, some folks with reservations (either thru hotel site or other, but NOT OnPeak), was told by hotel that they overbooked their rooms and cancelled their reservation. I have not heard of this type of thing for anyone who reserved via OP (unless they're credit card was invalid when charges came).