Celebration Orlando: Guests

Reaction score
It would be awesome if some of the Force Awakens and Rogue One people made it to the autograph floor next spring. I'd really like to meet Daisy Ridley or Felicity Jones!

Reaction score
Can we hope that OP does the Autograph hall?!

Hoping for Gary Kurtz, Ahmed Best, and maybe some OT people that dont do many US shows! :)

Reaction score
Hoping for Gary Kurtz, Ahmed Best, and maybe some OT people that dont do many US shows! :)
Ahmed Best isn't likely--my understanding is that he's kind of "over" the whole Star Wars thing & he never really got into autograph shows. But he surprised me by doing SWW not too many years ago, so you never know.

I thought I read that but I couldn't find it again. Must of over looked it.
The text about "Entertainment Legends" mentioned in an earlier post has been removed (and a quick Googling suggests that it was a holdover from this year's Celebration Europe).

I haven't seen anything official either way about 2017 Orlando.

That said, why wouldn't Reed just handle it in-house? They seem to do fine with Emerald City, NYCC, & C2E2.

The only reason to keep outsourcing it that I can see would be for symmetry across the board, instead of a bunch of essentially independent contractors each doing their own thing (like you find at the other events). It's that outsourcing which allows for things like universally accepted autograph tickets & consistent litho/photo quality and availability. Reed could, if they so chose, take that up themselves, but I don't see that happening.

But even OP doesn't run the whole hall, I'm sure that, if they were so inclined, they could work something out like they did at the inaugural C2E2 and sponsor some specific guests with whom they have a working relationship & who might not be as willing to attend otherwise. Their involvement needn't necessarily be all or nothing (or, perhaps more accurately, hall or nothing). That's, of course, up to them.

Reaction score
Can we hope that OP does the Autograph hall?!

I am hoping for Kurtz as well. Back in 2010 I attended C5 and had the Hasbro TVC ESB poster signed by him. I had to use the john laid the post I put in a tube on the floor and forgot it. Realized I forgot it and went back and it was gone. I checked lost and found and nothing.

Reaction score
I just want all the regular ESB Fett guys to show up! I want my Fett bucket signed (on the inside of course)!

Reaction score
I am hoping for Kurtz as well. Back in 2010 I attended C5 and had the Hasbro TVC ESB poster signed by him. I had to use the john laid the post I put in a tube on the floor and forgot it. Realized I forgot it and went back and it was gone. I checked lost and found and nothing.
Dang sorry to hear that! Damn thieves.

Reaction score
I would think the opening ceremony/event will start pretty somber with the loss of Carrie and Kenny.
And Ackbar and another pilot...

I think there should be a statue or something of Leia in her iconic white outfit and maybe like a walk thru exhibit of her life and career with photos from past celebrations.

Really sucks going into my first celebration and all this talent is being lost :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think an Trilogy guests will be a big hit this year. This will be one of my main focuses this year...autographs. :( Such a sad day.

Reaction score
I guess we can't edit our posts anymore.....I meant to say "the Trilogy" guests will be a huge hit.

Reaction score
First choice...Daisy Ridley & John Boyega together photo op. ...please?:whistling:
I don't care how much $$$ I'd have to spend to get a photo with Ms. Ridley. I MUST meet her at one of these Celebrations! Perhaps 2017 will be my year I'll get to meet her! Hopefully we all will have the chance, given that she agrees to do a signing and photo ops. I know she is literally the face of Star Wars right now with the new trilogy focusing on her character. Hoping she is comfortable with meeting fans at Celebration in Orlando. Her line would be infinitely long but if I'd have to wait 3 days in line just to meet her I'd do it totally! I'm a dude and Daisy is a huge inspiration to me. :)

Reaction score
I bet we'll get a stage appearance from Ridley and Boyega at best. Though photo opps and any limited signing would be epic. Don't see that happening.

Reaction score
I bet we'll get a stage appearance from Ridley and Boyega at best. Though photo opps and any limited signing would be epic. Don't see that happening.
Never say never. I fully hope and believe at least Daisy will do photos ops and signing one of these days! :) <3

Reaction score
Why do you think none of the new characters have been doing signings or photo ops? I just don't get why they wouldn't do it while they are "hot"...

Reaction score
It's only speculation, but I think it is easy to guess that "while they are hot" they don't have to do auto signings or pics for what amounts to a small amount of money. It's pretty much the same reason we don't ever see Harrison ford. They have bigger things going on.

Reaction score
Why do you think none of the new characters have been doing signings or photo ops? I just don't get why they wouldn't do it while they are "hot"...
In the case of Oscar Isaac's, he is in four movies this year with probably a bunch more in 2018 that are probably filming right now. Daisy Ridley is filming right now and signed up for five films in 2018. They are making films and doing TV besides Star Wars Films. If they're lucky, the Last Jedi cast will be in town for 24 hours maximum. Not enough time to do signings for them, but just enough time for a panel.

Reaction score
It's only speculation, but I think it is easy to guess that "while they are hot" they don't have to do auto signings or pics for what amounts to a small amount of money. It's pretty much the same reason we don't ever see Harrison ford. They have bigger things going on.
Which is why they'll never have the true fan connection Hamill has and Fisher had.

Ford is a big shot who doesn't have time for conventions when the Star Wars and Indy fan base made his career so big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah, I can see Ford not wanting to do conventions. It would be cool to meet him but I am in no hurry. Glad I met Fisher when I did.

Reaction score
Man I hate the way Reed ALWAYS takes forever to announce the guests!! I am dying to know who's coming!!! That's part of the fun is knowing who's coming & planning the graphs you want to get!! C'mon Reed!!

Reaction score
not just guests, but anything really. it is hard to plan and save money in a short time. oh well, glad i always start saving well in advance. if info isnt good, ill have extra money for house upgrades :p

Reaction score
Timothy Zahn confirmed via twitter. will be working the Del Ray books booth and plans to "do as many signings as they will let me"