Celebration Orlando: Costumes

Reaction score
Been working on costume pieces all year. GF will be going as Resistance Rey, then Jakku Scavenger Rey and possibly a Jawa if I can get time to complete it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Started work on Samurai Vader. Starting the Leather work this weekend. Anyone know a place to get a good but not overly expensive samurai helmet with face mask?

Reaction score
I am going to try and get as close to it as possible but that depends on how much time I can put into it between now and then. My job keeps me REALLY busy and I just got two new trainees that I have to get through their probationary period in the next year.

Reaction score
anyone familiar with how the costume contest is run? I noticed they only had one Kylo Ren, one Rey, etc in this year's contest.

So what happens when they get multiple entries of the same costume? Do they select the best one beforehand and that's the only one allowed to compete?

Reaction score
not sure if I'm going to do a costume this time or not. had a nightmare with Fed-Ex last year with props being destroyed etc. does anyone have tips on bringing props on a plane?

Reaction score
I'm debating about whether I will cosplay or not. after my debacle with Fed-Ex last year I'm afraid of having more damage to my costume and gear.

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience carrying around a retractable lightsaber vs one that does not fold up?

Obviously the fold up one would be easier to carry, but the light up ones that don't retract look sooooo much better. Just wondering what others have done.

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience carrying around a retractable lightsaber vs one that does not fold up?

Obviously the fold up one would be easier to carry, but the light up ones that don't retract look sooooo much better. Just wondering what others have done.
I've seen plenty of both. I've taken a toy retractable one in the past since they are cheap and easy to carry. The light up ones do look better though as long as you don't mind carrying it.

Reaction score
so looks like I have to contact the TSA by me and see if they will allow me to carry my props onto the plane in a sealed box. after the debacle with Fed-Ex at CVII I refuse to try and ship them again. I'm hoping to basically just have a simple blaster and lightsaber hilt for 2 costumes (generic Jedi and Generic Imperial Officer). I'm hoping that if I have them bubble wrapped with multiple layers, and then sealed in a box that they will let me carry them on and store them in the overhead compartment.

I'm hoping to make an appointment to see someone this coming week to show them the items in questions. both are resin props.

Reaction score
so looks like I have to contact the TSA by me and see if they will allow me to carry my props onto the plane in a sealed box. after the debacle with Fed-Ex at CVII I refuse to try and ship them again. I'm hoping to basically just have a simple blaster and lightsaber hilt for 2 costumes (generic Jedi and Generic Imperial Officer). I'm hoping that if I have them bubble wrapped with multiple layers, and then sealed in a box that they will let me carry them on and store them in the overhead compartment.

I'm hoping to make an appointment to see someone this coming week to show them the items in questions. both are resin props.
No way they let a blaster on the plane with you. You'll have to check it with your bags.

Reaction score
decided that I'm either going to go as an Imperial Officer (currently working on my rank bars and code cylinders or as a generic dark Jedi (have to see if the costume still fits) I've lost a lot of weight since I first made the costumes so I'm not 100% sure if they will work. I did try on my Imperial uniform last night and the jacket is way too big, and the boots are still a little too tight on my calves.

Reaction score
Looks like my Shoretrooper should be ready. I plan to debut it this weekend at Fan Expo!

Reaction score
Got the email this morning that my costume entry for Samurai Vader was accepted!

Reaction score
has anyone ever taken an FX lightsaber on a plane? I mean I figure if I get one of those poster tubes to carry it and use it as a carry one it should be ok.

Reaction score
No personal experience with ls on a plane, but it is just a toy, so i cant imagine it would be a problem.

Will we be ok to get in with this blaster? It's a 3d print, so it's pastic, but the screws are real so they are metal.

Reaction score
No way in hell that's getting on as a carry on. You may be ok as checked. Also, it will need a red end cap for the barrel.

No personal experience with ls on a plane, but it is just a toy, so i cant imagine it would be a problem.

Will we be ok to get in with this blaster? It's a 3d print, so it's pastic, but the screws are real so they are metal.

Reaction score

I've decided to go for it this time. This is the first time I'm coming in costume. I'm happy with how it turned out and looking forward to wearing it around people who appreciate it.