Celebration Orlando: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fans are always looking for something more to do after the show closes each day. Use this section to discuss forum member meet ups, dinners, swap meets, theme park outings, etc.

Reaction score
RFR announced last week that their party is set for Wednesday night, April 12th and that details will be coming within a month.

Reaction score
As an FYI for any fitness enthusiasts or runners, the runDisney Half Marathon - The Dark Side event takes place the week following Celebration. Registration opens on August 9th.

Check out the event site here: http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-wdw-half-marathon/

I'll be taking part (as will Chris Wyman and a few other forum members, I believe).

Last edited:

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Absolutely! Would't miss it.
I was planning in doing this dark side challenge until they announced Celebration. It's too much at once. I can't take that much time off of work. If it's a choice between running myself to death at a con or running myself to death in a marathon, I'll choose the con any day.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough to swing unless your work situation is flexible. (Luckily I'll be able to work remotely the few days between Celebration and runDisney, or it wouldn't happen for me).

Reaction score
As an FYI for any fitness enthusiasts or runners, the runDisney Half Marathon - The Dark Side event takes place the week following Celebration. Registration opens on August 9th.

Check out the event site here: http://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-wdw-half-marathon/

I'll be taking part (as will Chris Wyman and a few other forum members, I believe).
Me and my wife will be there...again. Leaving on Sunday after the Celebration and coming back that Thursday. Only did the 5k & 10k last time. Going for the 5k and Dark Side Challenge this time! Never did more than a 10k, do you think they'll let me "run" the half marathon in a Jazzy? :hmm:

Reaction score
Me and my wife will be there...again. Leaving on Sunday after the Celebration and coming back that Thursday. Only did the 5k & 10k last time. Going for the 5k and Dark Side Challenge this time! Never did more than a 10k, do you think they'll let me "run" the half marathon in a Jazzy? :hmm:
I did the Dark Side Challenge this year and it's all about pacing yourself. The run-walk-run that is promoted on the rundisney website works. Just know that the 'slower' you go, the less likely you will be to do character stops. I did more landmark stops than characters since there wasn't really a line for those.

Reaction score
501st members, banquet tickets are up and are already 50% sold. Head to the forums for info.

Reaction score
501st members, banquet tickets are up and are already 50% sold. Head to the forums for info.

As in years past. non-501st members were able to buy the remaining tickets. will that still be true for this one? If so will the party be at the Rosen Centre again?

Reaction score
The banquet is now SOLD OUT! Last time it took 48 hours to sell out. This time, in less than 4 hours tickets were gone and there were 200 more than last time.

As in years past. non-501st members were able to buy the remaining tickets. will that still be true for this one? If so will the party be at the Rosen Centre again?
The Bash tickets will be sold at a later date and from what I'm hearing they will be publicly sold to anyone.

Both the Banquet (Friday) and Bash (Saturday) will be at the Hyatt.

Reaction score
Just doing my list again like I did for Anaheim. If anyone has anymore to post, let me know!

Wednesday 4/12

Rebelforce Radio Party - TBD

Thursday 4/13
Star Wars Collector's Archive Bash - Hilton Regency

Friday 4/14
501st Celebration Banquet (Members Only) - Hyatt Regency - SOLD OUT

Saturday 4/15
501st Celebration Bash - Hyatt Regency

Reaction score
Oops. that should be Hyatt Regency, not Hilton Regency for the Collector's Archive Bash. I'll fix that when I post an updated version.

Reaction score
Updated with RFR and RL info.

Wednesday 4/12
Rebelforce Radio Celebration Bash - Hilton Orlando

Thursday 4/13
Star Wars Collector's Archive Bash - Hyatt Regency
Rebel Legion Dinner - TBD

Friday 4/14

Saturday 4/15
501st Celebration Bash - Hyatt Regency

Reaction score
Rebel legion dinner info updates -
Thursday, April 13, 2017 :: 7:00PM to 10:00PM

Maggiano's Little Italy at Point Orlando

Tickets go on sale to members next week

Reaction score
Are there any updates on tickets for the 501st Celebration Bash for non-501st members? I went to the bash at the last Orlando Celebration and it was one of the highlights of the week....so I'm looking forward to going again in 2017 if possible!

Reaction score
I believe it just opened up for Rebel Legion and the Mandos. After that, the public should be allowed to purchase. There are still plenty of tickets left, so no need to worry about it selling out.

Reaction score
I believe it just opened up for Rebel Legion and the Mandos. After that, the public should be allowed to purchase. There are still plenty of tickets left, so no need to worry about it selling out.
Sounds good -- thanks!!!!

Reaction score
Latest updates

Wednesday 4/12
Rebelforce Radio Celebration Bash - Hilton Orlando - 7PM-12AM - $55

Thursday 4/13
Rebel Legion Dinner (Members Only) - Maggiano's at Point Orlando - 7-10PM

Friday 4/14

Saturday 4/15

501st Celebration Bash - Hyatt Regency - 8PM-2AM - $100

Reaction score
Latest updates

Wednesday 4/12
Rebelforce Radio Celebration Bash - Hilton Orlando - 7PM-12AM - $55

Thursday 4/13
Rebel Legion Dinner (Members Only) - Maggiano's at Point Orlando - 7-10PM

Friday 4/14
A Celebration of Worship hosted by Hero Ministries - Good Friday Service - Hilton, Lake Mizell Room - 7:30-8:30pm - FREE

Saturday 4/15
501st Celebration Bash - Hyatt Regency - 8PM-2AM - $100

Reaction score
Want to party with the 501st Legion and see Weird Al in concert? Well... here ya go!!!

Come join us at the 501st Bash.... Showdown at the Canteena

This is a rare chance where all Star Wars Fans are invited!

More info and tickets here
http://skaught.com/501st/bash/

If you purchase tickets, please put my email (niktom@gmail.com) in the "Who referred you?" box at checkout.

Also... Everyone who buys their ticket by January 15th will get both the main Bash patch AND the special "early buyer" patch! The early buyer patch is, shall we say, an important part missing from the main patch.

Reaction score
just got my tickets for the Disney World Star Wars Galactic Nights event on the 14th. looking forward to attending this one. hopefully I'll be dressed in costume as well.

Reaction score
Details about Disney event!

Star Wars Event Admission Starting at
$ 129.00

Per Ticket More InformationBeginning of tooltip contentEnd of tooltip content

Select Tickets

ShareBeginning of tooltip contentEnd of tooltip content

Celebrate Star Wars Like Never Before
at an All-New, Hollywood-Inspired Party

A GALA NOT SO FAR, FAR AWAY

The Story of Star Wars: Galactic Nights

Come dressed as a favorite character to a specially ticketed, family-friendly event featuring exclusive Star Wars experiences!Read More

Attractions Available All Night Long

Explore a cinematic assortment of theme park adventures, inspired by some of your favorite films—only at Disney's Hollywood Studios.Read More

OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD ENTERTAINMENT

Live Shows at the Star Wars Theater

Don’t miss live talk show appearances by cast and crew from the Star Wars Galaxy.Read More

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

Feel the Force flowing at a special edition showcase of this nighttime spectacular.Read More

Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Witness iconic Star Wars moments live during this special event performance.Read More

CHARACTERS, PHOTO OPS AND MORE

Encounters with New and Classic Characters

Come face-to-face with popular figures from the Star Wars Saga… and some you may be seeing for the very first time.Read More

Photo Backdrops Featuring Classic Star Wars Scenes

Capture memories and escape Star Wars: Galactic Nights with photos in front of backdrops depicting popular scenes.Read More

Seize the Saga Scavenger Hunt

Put together a puzzle of interactive proportions as you collect Star Wars-themed pieces from each of the 8 live-action films!Read More

Rebel Base – Star Wars: Galactic Nights Event Hub

Make your way to the special event hub—a stunning, interactive projection featuring iconic Star Wars scenery.Read More

Reaction score
That seems a bit expensive for five hours. That's more than a standard day ticket. The last time they did it, it was much less than the regular price tickets. I want to say $60.

Either way, I know I can't go since I have the 501st Banquet that night.

Reaction score
That seems a bit expensive for five hours. That's more than a standard day ticket. The last time they did it, it was much less than the regular price tickets. I want to say $60.

Either way, I know I can't go since I have the 501st Banquet that night.
I agree, it's steep. It also ran until 2am last time. I'm still a sucker though. I also have an event on Friday so I won't be able to enjoy the full event but Disney has their claws in me and has for a long time. I may only catch the tail end but I'll enjoy what I can.