Celebration Japan

Reaction score
wow the guest list for this show just exploded. great guest list so far

Reaction score
Since Hamill never showed up for ANY of the US Celebrations, I might have to try and meet him in Japan!

Reaction score
I'm in for CJ! It cost a small fortune, but I've been wanting to visit Japan since I was a youngin'. CJ was just some extra incentive to finally pony up the $$ for the trip. I'll be going with my gf for 10 days total. This will be my first time there, and I'm definitely psyched.

Ordered the 3-day VIP passes yesterday.

Reaction score
So, has anyone heard ANYTHING about any exclusives yet, even just rumors? I know Hasbro's not going to be there and won't have anything. Anything about GG, SS, or Koto, if they're even going to be there? Just curious!

Reaction score
Hayabusa said:
So, has anyone heard ANYTHING about any exclusives yet, even just rumors? I know Hasbro's not going to be there and won't have anything. Anything about GG, SS, or Koto, if they're even going to be there? Just curious!
Reported earlier,GG TIE Fighter Kustomz

Reaction score
Another Possible Exclusive Found!!!
Today, Andy (my brother-AndyL) and I were looking at the new Bearbricks line.
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/200807pepsi.jpg

We thought they were cute and realized they will probably be attached to the pepsi bottle. They show the pepsi bottle and Andy said, "What's that in the Upper Left Hand of the Bottle???!!! It's the Celebration Japan Logo!"
Wow!
Good EYE Andy!
~ALyssa

Reaction score
Whoa, I know someone who's going to be drinking a lot more Pepsi Nex than he planned to!

Reaction score
French_Sidious said:
I bought my 3d premium pass for both my girlfriend and I.

I do not know if it will worth the price asked but....
so are you guys picking up the Ewok fur or the Exclusive Sanda print?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

on Official Pix' website under the personalized Star Wars Autographs, the WHOLE page is of photos made just for CELEBRATION JAPAN! So if you want a sneek peek of the photos that will be available from this guys (not sure if you can buy these photos in Japan or not), check it out.

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=56

Reaction score
I'm anxious too. But I still want to know what all the exclusives are going to be!! I need to plan ahead!!

The clear version remote R2 looks really neat. I'm definitely getting that. Looks like they're going to have the disturbance of the force available there too (comic-con exclusive). I'll probably try and get it here locally. It says they'll both be 2500yen (appx. $25). I see Koto will be there. I really want to know what they'll have. I still want to know if GG or sideshow will be there. Is Lego going to have some exclusive again? maybe? I just wish we knew everything by now

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier (wish I did), but would've been nice to have gotten my rebelscum badge to represent from the US. I unfortunately did not get one before. Darn!

Reaction score
I'm not positive on what I'm not supposed to reveal, but I can tell you that the art show portion and it's guests appear to be finalized (or very close to). For those completests out there that want to get a print from every artist, it should be MUCH easier than any past celebration. And a nice variety of styles and subject matter will be present.
~Mark

Reaction score
McHaleyArt said:
I'm not positive on what I'm not supposed to reveal, but I can tell you that the art show portion and it's guests appear to be finalized (or very close to). For those completests out there that want to get a print from every artist, it should be MUCH easier than any past celebration. And a nice variety of styles and subject matter will be present.
~Mark
Can you reveal that they will be available on SW shop or when images will be posted?

Reaction score
Images should be up on starwars.com this weekend. If not by Saturday, we've been given permission to post them ourselves.
We're also trying to put together a master set of prints to be auctioned off for the Make a Wish foundation.
We won't know if any(or which ones) will be available at StarWarsShop.com until sometime after the event.

Reaction score
Just a quick update in case people haven't heard yet. Carrie Fisher has cancelled for CJ for now. No news on a reason. Kenny Baker may cancel as well. He is being stopped by his doctor b/c the long flight may be too much strain on him. He is still trying to get well enough to come. I wish Mr.Baker well. I hope they find someone else to replace Carrie

Reaction score
Personnaly I'm astouneched to lear that.

Fortunately for me Japan was my vacation this year but I have to say that I was very excited to meet CF. I'm very disapointed.

And my friend Olivier is attending the show only because CF was annouced.....

by the way, if they are planning to invit Ian Mcdiarmid I will most than pleased

Reaction score
I would love to see another Star Wars themed Ukiyo-e made.
^ ^
~Alyssa

Reaction score
wow nice work. Did you do a piece for CIV? You should also post in the acme and other art thread way above.

Reaction score
DarthInwah said:
wow nice work. Did you do a piece for CIV? You should also post in the acme and other art thread way above.
This is my 1st Celebration print.

Reaction score
McHaleyArt said:
Here's my print for the show. Overall size 17x22.
Just curious mark is this print only available at CJ or will SWShop have them?
By the way very nice looking print, gotta get one!!

Reaction score
Hello all

The prints are Celebration Japan Exclusives. There is a chance that the prints that are not sold will be picked up by the Star Wars shop. It looks like there are only 16, maybe 17 artists that are going to be selling prints.

here's mine

Reaction score
Spencer_B3 said:
Hello all

The prints are Celebration Japan Exclusives. There is a chance that the prints that are not sold will be picked up by the Star Wars shop. It looks like there are only 16, maybe 17 artists that are going to be selling prints.

here's mine
Very Nice as well!
Looks like another print i'm going to have to try and hunt down.Would anybody mind helping me out that might be going.