Celebration Japan

Reaction score
Is it just me, or has the interest in CJ waned due to no new information or news? It seems like they don't really want to include those not in Japan in the Celebration. If they were really wanting those abroad to come as well, you'd think they would've given us more information by now mostly for the fact of planning for those abroad. I mean, we have to still get our plane tickets, hotels, and most importantly, finances in order. But by not giving us much time, they're not making it very easy for us are they? I mean, heck, at this point, we're still not sure if we can get tickets to the thing, let alone if we can get them in time or if we're going to have to pick them up on site. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. They're just not doing a very good job (or even making an effort) to keep our interest. It seems as though they're taking our (sw fans') interest and love of it for granted, assuming that we'll be on the edge of our seats no matter what.

Oh, btw, I've been checking Japanese sites too, but it looks like they haven't released any new information over there either (not that that should happen, but you never know).

Reaction score
Hayabusa said:
Is it just me, or has the interest in CJ waned due to no new information or news? It seems like they don't really want to include those not in Japan in the Celebration. If they were really wanting those abroad to come as well, you'd think they would've given us more information by now mostly for the fact of planning for those abroad. I mean, we have to still get our plane tickets, hotels, and most importantly, finances in order. But by not giving us much time, they're not making it very easy for us are they? I mean, heck, at this point, we're still not sure if we can get tickets to the thing, let alone if we can get them in time or if we're going to have to pick them up on site. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. They're just not doing a very good job (or even making an effort) to keep our interest. It seems as though they're taking our (sw fans') interest and love of it for granted, assuming that we'll be on the edge of our seats no matter what.

Oh, btw, I've been checking Japanese sites too, but it looks like they haven't released any new information over there either (not that that should happen, but you never know).
Maybe this has something to do with Lucasfilm sueing GenCon, but I am just guessing, I don't even know if GenCon is involved at all ... I did read a Dave Prowse interview today though and he did mention that he'll be there, along with the other regular behind the mask actors ...

Reaction score
Hayabusa said:

I don't know about "not wanting to include those not in Japan," but I agree they have given very little reason for anyone outside Japan to want to attend. The window of opportunity for booking airline tickets is closing soon, and a lot of collectors must surely be thinking, "Why bother?" For Japan lovers, the fact that it's in Japan will be enough, but for other people who are undecided there really is very little incentive at the moment.

I have no doubt that CJ is going to be fantastic, but I hope more information is released soon on why it's going to be the place to be this July. I'll be there and be square

Reaction score
Hayabusa said:

I was thinking just that. For such a huge event this is very, very quiet. We usually have all the information for the US Celebrations by now.

Reaction score
Wohoo!! Finally, ticket info!!!!!
I guess they finally got tired of us complaining

Reaction score
My sister in law lives in Japan, and wants to go badly.

So now I get to sign her up for Hyperspace so she can get her tickets Monday morning

GBH

Reaction score
great to hear some active news about CJ!!! im going regardless cause its a good excuse for me to get my butt back to japan,but this must be getting annoying for folks who are planning everything around the event.i mean its only 3 months away and not a single email update from them which i think is a bit weak.

so tickets up on hyperspace on monday eh! just let my subscription expire a few months back too,looks like its time to re-up!

Reaction score
I believe right now, the exchange rate is hovering around $1=103 Yen. And since we have to charge it to a credit card, I believe some cards charge an extra fee for that. I think one of my cards said an extra 3%fee or something. So, it should come out to about $212, give or take a few.

Reaction score
This is a little shocking. Here I would've figured this thread would've been hot with some new info coming out. I guess I was wrong! Anyone else buying the premium tickets? or waiting for the regular tickets? Are the Premium tickets worth their price? Just thought I'd get some insight and get the ball rolling on this thread again

Reaction score
I bought my 3d premium pass for both my girlfriend and I.

I do not know if it will worth the price asked but....

Reaction score
I did the same for me and my GF...looking forward to it.

Ross

Reaction score
Hey guy, I'm new around here. I listen to the force cast and I was very excited to find out about Celebration Japan. I'm definately planning on going. I have to try to get some time off, but I was hoping to get in touch with some people so I could actually make some Star Wars friends here in Japan. I have none. I hope to get to know a lt of you well.

Reaction score
Hey, welcome! You only want SW friends in Japan
? I'm sure you'll find great guys on here!

I bought my 3day pass as well! Is it just me, or did they change what comes with the pass? Specifically the first thing, with the ewoks fur. Did you emails not say it was between the fur and a limited Sanada print? Is it just the fur now cause that's the only thing listed when you order the ticket? It stil has the print on the news article online. I wonder if we pick when we pick it up? I had figured we had to choose one when we ordered the ticket. Which do you guys want (just curious)? And I wonder who's free pic and auto we get (we don't even know who all's coming
)?

Reaction score
I'm just messing with you! If you're going, I'm sure many of us on here would like to meet up and get together!

On a side note, for those that want a premium ticket and haven't purchased theirs yet better hurry. Sale ends tomorrow!!

GBH

Reaction score
im not going to bother with the premium ticket,but it would be cool if we could organize a meet up and a few pics for all the scummers in attendance

Reaction score
My friends and I are planning to go.Will bring some items to trade with other sw fans.I'm from Hong Kong.Hope to see you there

Reaction score
Now there's an idea there (I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this). How about having a swap meet or something of the sort sound? I know for most of us, we would rather not take too many things over so that we have room to bring back more stuff. But, maybe, we can converse on here and let each other know what all we have to trade/sell and what we want, and then do all that in person at the con. It would, one, save shipping costs, and two, we'd get to meet other collectors from around the globe. Anyone else up for this? We've got about 2 months so I'm sure we can figure something out. And speaking of 2 months to go, they're really bad about releasing new info about this con aren't they. I seem to recall saying something like this a month or so ago, but with 2mo to go, it's crunch time. We really need to know more about what to expect, plan our budget, etc. etc. Sheesh.

GBH

Reaction score
yep,the communication has been pretty much shocking!!! nice idea,having a swap meet. ive got a few GG mini busts to offload but unfortunately no boxes,which is a must for this situation.

Reaction score
Well, thanks GBH for the support. If anyone else that's going interested? I think it'd be a great way to also get some "foreign" collectibles (as long as someone's willing to part with it). I'm considering starting another thread for this for people to post what they have for trade/sell and their wants.

Reaction score
I'm going...and I'm really looking forward to it. Such a 'first of it's kind' event in Japan is something I wouldn't want to miss out on.
...and then flying directly to San Diego Comic-Con right after. It's gonna be an exciting trip.

Reaction score
I'm planning myself to come with some GG busts ( Commanders as they are) and a Classic Animated Style Boba Fett.

I'm really eager to meet scummers and take pics of all of you guys !

By the way, no news about who will be signing there ?

Reaction score
Also, it would be cool if we could post pics of ourselves in order to recognize each other, what do you think about it ?

Reaction score
I will be wearing a black or white t-shirt with the following logo

So you know who I am.I also will bring one or two t-shirt that only exclusives from Hong Kong,some hk501st patches & stickers.Can't wait to meet you guys

Reaction score
That'd be great! At the same time, we could plan a meet somewhere so we can hang out if we want, go around the con together, or just meet and greet. Of course, this requires some planning by all of us. And we definitely need to get many more people on board!! More news on the con would be great too!

GBH

Reaction score
good point.lets see what we can find out about the venue and organize a meet up place. i'll be there on the sunday only at this stage,but we'll see what happens.

i'll rumage through the collection and see if there are any australian exclusives to bring along (we dont get much though!)

Reaction score
Adam Hughes and myself have officially declined Lucasfilm's offer. Its just not financially feasible for us this year, not with San Deigo Comic Con a couple of days later.

~Allison Sohn

Reaction score
I'd definitely love to hook up with some scummers! Maybe someone can start a separate "meet" thread?

Reaction score
Well, I thought I posted this yesterday, but apprently it didn't go through.

With the lack of updates we are getting, I thought I'd give an update

Last week, I finally broke down and emailed the people preparing CJ. On Friday, this is the response I received:
"Hi there!
Please rest assured that we are planning a fantastic Celebration!! We will begin to release details about the show in the next 2 weeks including programming, special features and celebrity guests. Stay tuned!
Best,
Celebration Japan"

I was expecting a little better response than that. It almost seems like a pre-fabricated response. And it's not even personalized! I can't believe they respond with "rest assured" either! Looks like we have to wait another 2 wks before we will get anything
Oh well, either way I'm gonna be there.

Reaction score
Alright, so my doubts were unneccesary. I'm glad they're starting to come out with more info now! I'm a little bit excited now
. And a little bummed
. They're having collector panel medallions again! I already have all 12 CIV and all 12 CE, so now, I HAVE to get all 12 CJ. that just means I'll be there throughout the panels. But they're really good and very informative. I enjoyed them at CIV. And, at least this time, they won't be an all day long thing like at CIV. I can spend an afternoon in one room. I would have no problem with that

Reaction score
Hayabusa said:
Alright, so my doubts were unneccesary. I'm glad they're starting to come out with more info now! I'm a little bit excited now
. And a little bummed
. They're having collector panel medallions again! I already have all 12 CIV and all 12 CE, so now, I HAVE to get all 12 CJ. that just means I'll be there throughout the panels. But they're really good and very informative. I enjoyed them at CIV. And, at least this time, they won't be an all day long thing like at CIV. I can spend an afternoon in one room. I would have no problem with that
You're a lucky man, I still don't have finished my CE Set and I was there lol not to mention that I do not have any C IV Medaillons.

Get all 12 CJ Coins I must

By the way, I'm more than happy to learn than the 1st actor annouced is CF, Never meet her before so I will be the most happy man if they could annouce Ian McDiarmid

Reaction score
French_Sidious said:
By the way, I'm more than happy to learn than the 1st actor annouced is CF, Never meet her before so I will be the most happy man if they could annouce Ian McDiarmid
If they announce McDiarmid, I'll be gitty as well!! I'll be even happier if they announce Samuel L Jackson
I know, in my dreams! I still need to meet Mark Hamill though, so he'd be cool too!

Reaction score
Hayabusa said:
French_Sidious said:
If they announce McDiarmid, I'll be gitty as well!! I'll be even happier if they announce Samuel L Jackson
I know, in my dreams! I still need to meet Mark Hamill though, so he'd be cool too!
You should have asked me last year, I would have been most pleased to get his auto for you.

But he was very very expensive...and yet his line was very crowded.

Samuel L. Jackson ? why not ? But I would prefer the Emperor still lol.

Does any of you know if prices will be in $ or Yen ?

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't really think about asking anyone. Oh well. I might get a chance in a future. samuel, not really for the role as Mace (that too), but really for roles he's played in other movies! I would guess Yen, but that's just a guess. How was it at CE? anyone know? They might accept both. But I think it would depend upon who you're dealing with. C4, for instance (not currency related), you could use plastic at the Celebration store and such bigger venues, but had to use cash for the little people. So, I think it might come down to who you're paying. I bet some stores will still accept plastic, but most of the smaller shops (considering they will most likely be from Japan) will probably not take plastic and will probably require yen. BUT, who knows, maybe they'll have it so you could use both anywhere and shops will get to exchange their money onsite somewhere. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I myself plan to carry around yen and maybe some $.

Reaction score
To pay autographs, you had to buy coupons in £, and then each actor asked a specific amount of coupons.

MH was something different because he has a special coupon for himself; if memories seve me well, it was 95£ ( or something around).

I will for sure bring yen, but I don't think I will bring $ unless I know in advance I cold use them.