Celebration Europe II: Tips & Tricks

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you attended multiple Celebrations before? Are you a local resident?

There are always people attending first the very first time who could certainly use some suggestions and advice. Post your convention tips and tricks here to help out your fellow fan and if you are local, perhaps you could share some inside knowledge that might be helpful to someone visiting Germany from another part of the world.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've never attended an event like this before, so I'm going all-out in Germany as it's my "unofficial" Stag/Bachelor Party. I've paid for 2 VIP tickets for me & my best buddy, and we're really looking forward to the weekend & the overall experience.

I have a few questions though, so we can get the most out the 3 days;

1 - Autograph tickets; how do we get these & how many do we need? Bearing in mind this is a once-in-a-lifetime for both of us, we'll be wanting to meet & greet as many guests as possible.
2 - Schedules/timings; will there be a schedule/programme of what events are happening, who's signing where & when etc.? Will this be available in advance?
3 - Volunteering; we've both offered our services to Official Pix but what can we expect? I'll be over the moon if I just get to have a cup of tea with Peter Mayhew, but has anyone got any stories or tips to pass on from their experiences in the past?

Plus any other tips & hints from you veterans would be greatly appreciated. Help rewarded with beer if we have a RebScum get-together :)

Cheers!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've never attended an event like this before, so I'm going all-out in Germany as it's my "unofficial" Stag/Bachelor Party. I've paid for 2 VIP tickets for me & my best buddy, and we're really looking forward to the weekend & the overall experience.

I have a few questions though, so we can get the most out the 3 days;

1 - Autograph tickets; how do we get these & how many do we need? Bearing in mind this is a once-in-a-lifetime for both of us, we'll be wanting to meet & greet as many guests as possible.
2 - Schedules/timings; will there be a schedule/programme of what events are happening, who's signing where & when etc.? Will this be available in advance?
3 - Volunteering; we've both offered our services to Official Pix but what can we expect? I'll be over the moon if I just get to have a cup of tea with Peter Mayhew, but has anyone got any stories or tips to pass on from their experiences in the past?

Plus any other tips & hints from you veterans would be greatly appreciated. Help rewarded with beer if we have a RebScum get-together :)

Cheers!
To answer your questions:

1. Autograph tickets will be available in advance through the store at OfficialPix.com very soon or you can purchase them at the event in the Official Pix Autograph Hall. Some guests may sell out online before the show starts, so pre-ordering is encouraged.
2. All events and show times will be posted well in advance of the show on Rebelscum.com and TheForce.net as well as the official Celebration website.
3. If you are selected as a volunteer, you could be doing one of several different tasks that could include line control, helping customers with autograph ticket sales, photograph sales, and assisting guests.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just discovered the site and joined (thanks Chris for the help) since I'm a SW fan and while not a huge collector, love collecting whatever cool toys there are.

I'm attending my first ever Celebration and was hoping any veterans could help with a question I have.

When purchasing anything at the Convention, do I need to bring alot of physical money or do the stalls/store accept Credit Cards? Reason is I'm traveling from overseas and didn't know if I needed to bring alot of cash with me.

Thanks everyone, hope to see you there :D

Reaction score
I can tell you how it works in Germany, and I am playing safe here since I don't know if the Celebration has special requierements. Most of the german shops (and I assume many stalls will be from german shops) doesn't accept cards that doesn't have a chip on them. If yours have it, you should be fine. I know that many US cards have not, but here in Germany is nearly enforced.

Reaction score
Hi there,

This will be our first Celebration and our first convention on such a large scale. We have been to other conventions in London before though. I had a few questions which, hopefully, someone may be able to help with:

For all the panels/screenings etc do you need seperate tickets? At other shows we have attended you can pick up tickets to the talks you want when you first enter the venue and then only those with a ticket can enter the talk. Is this how it works or is it just a line up at the time type thing and they will let people in until it is full?

The free 8 by 10 photo you get with autographs. Are these visible before you enter a line for an autograph so you know what is there or whether you need to purchase a different picture before you are in front of the guest?

In general does anyone have an idea of what time the lines in the morning for entry start to get big?

Any suggestions on whether to go to the Hasbro stand for the exclusive first or to the autographs sales desk?

One last question... All preordered autographs need to be picked up at the Official Pix desk and all autograph tickets need to be bought at the same place. Do these lines move quite fast? Otherwise I have images of thousands of people trying to get to this desk and the guests being empty.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there,

This will be our first Celebration and our first convention on such a large scale. We have been to other conventions in London before though. I had a few questions which, hopefully, someone may be able to help with:

For all the panels/screenings etc do you need seperate tickets? At other shows we have attended you can pick up tickets to the talks you want when you first enter the venue and then only those with a ticket can enter the talk. Is this how it works or is it just a line up at the time type thing and they will let people in until it is full?

The free 8 by 10 photo you get with autographs. Are these visible before you enter a line for an autograph so you know what is there or whether you need to purchase a different picture before you are in front of the guest?

In general does anyone have an idea of what time the lines in the morning for entry start to get big?

Any suggestions on whether to go to the Hasbro stand for the exclusive first or to the autographs sales desk?

One last question... All preordered autographs need to be picked up at the Official Pix desk and all autograph tickets need to be bought at the same place. Do these lines move quite fast? Otherwise I have images of thousands of people trying to get to this desk and the guests being empty.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.
Panels do not require separate tickets. Attendees will line up and be let in until all the seats are full.

The 8x10 lithographs that come with the purchase of each autograph are all compiled in a handy program that you can grab at the Official Pix ticket counters. You can make your selections well before you get in line for your autograph.

Depending on what's going on early in the day, attendees have been know to line up over night for certain panels and shows. So far, there hasn't been anything announced that would merit getting in line the night before, but that could certainly change over the next few weeks. You would do well for most panels to be in line an hour or so prior to the start to get a good seat.

If you have already purchased your autograph tickets online, there is no need to rush over to the Autograph Hall unless you are wanting to secure some of the exclusive items that will be available at the Official Pix booth and may sell out. You will get a number with your ticket purchase which will dictate when you are able to get in line for the more popular guests. A sign will be placed at the front of these lines and we will start each day with a low number and slowly increase it throughout the day. Depending on what your number is, this will tell you when you will be able to get in line for that particular guest so you don't have to wait in line all day. If you are afraid of the Boba Fett figure selling out and you aren't worried about any other exclusives, you could easily head to Hasbro first and then come pick up your autograph tickets and photos after that.

Pre-ordered autographs are mailed to customers that ordered them in advance who couldn't attend the show. Pre-ordered autograph tickets are picked up at the Official Pix ticket counter which is also where you can purchase them day of. The lines do move quite quick as there are separate lines for people picking up pre-ordered tickets and those just looking to make a purchase right then.