Celebration Europe II - July 26-28, 2013

Reaction score
According to the official site they have special delas for hotels but does anybody know which of the one listed are the "best" in terms of location and standard. Where do you guys plan to stay?

Reaction score
So, due to a recent cash flow increase I may be able to make this trip after all. I'm trying to crunch some numbers to see how much $ I'm going to need and I had some questions that I'm having trouble finding answers to in English. So I thought I'd see if there's any helpful locals or people who read German...

- the CEII web site says Dusseldorf is only about 17 away by train but how late/early do the trains/buses run?

- Is it really practical to stay in Dusseldorf instead of Essen? Especially since I found myself walking back to my hotel some time between 2-4 am at least once the last two celebrations I've been to...

- I hate driving do I really need to rent a car or can I get by with public transport and walking?

Reaction score
-If you plant to move early/late, I think Dusseldorf/Essen have all night connection with bus, and, if I am not wrong, a connection with subway. Trains stop at 2AM and restart at 5:30AM more or less.

-The problem you might have is moving from Messe Essen to Essen Main. I don't know if the Celebration is going to offer shuttle services or not. If I am not wrong, latest US Celebrations they offered that kind of service from the hotels in the Celebration, no?

-At 2-4AM, it really depends. If Messe offers good services, no. But if not, you will find yourself walking one hour to the Main Station and then getting the public transport. Anyway, I would not rent a car. Train services in Germany are 2nd only to Japan, and I can say it even if I only use my car because I hate waiting for the train (even if I know the departing hour, and they are never late).

Trains Duss-Essen are not cheap (around 10€ single, I don't know returning or getting more than one). I personally would get a hotel in Essen (and not necessarily in Messe, in Essen is perfect)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want to ask, I'm planning on attending from the states but would like to find some people to share a hotel with so its not as expensive. Is this the right place? Should I start another thread?

Reaction score
How do you think CEII will compare to Celebration 6 in Orlando? Will it be a lot smaller? Either way, it will be fun to attend Celebration in a different country:)

Last edited:

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How do you think CEII will compare to Celebration 6 in Orlando? Will it be a lot smaller? Either way, it will be fun to attend Celebration in a different country:)
It will be smaller.

The venue size is less square footage, it's a three day show compared to the four day show in Orlando, more people are willing and able to travel to the US than they are to Germany given the other activities available in Orlando (Disney, Universal, Seaworld, etc.).

Reaction score
Only 12 weeks to go. I hope the announcements start getting bigger and made more frequently.

Reaction score
I thought I saw somewhere that autograph tickets would be going on sale, via the OPix site, in advance... now i can't find reference tha that anywehre!

Did I imagine it, or mis-interpret something? Will there be advance ticket sales or only on-site? :\

Reaction score
I thought I saw somewhere that autograph tickets would be going on sale, via the OPix site, in advance... now i can't find reference tha that anywehre!

Did I imagine it, or mis-interpret something? Will there be advance ticket sales or only on-site? :\
I think this is what you're looking for...

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1092569-8/#post19145180

In post #77, on May 28, Chris said preorders would be coming soon. I think that's the last that's been said.

Last edited:

HJR

Reaction score
Apart from the 'stars' coming to CE II and hand out autographs, I haven't seen Q&A sessions yet; am I cross-eyed, will these be planned later or won't these sessions be there at all?

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
If someone told me about this, I'd find it hard to believe. But it actually happened. Since I heard rumours that Froggy's will not have a pre-sale for photo ops @ CE II, I thought I'd ask them directly.

Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2013 4:49 PM
To: questions@froggysphotos.com
Subject: Contact: Preorder photo ops for CE II?

Name: Dennis

Email: xxx

Subject: Preorder photo ops for CE II?

will it be possible to pre-order photo ops for CE II?

Thanks
Dennis

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry im not sure what show CE II is.

Thank you,

Froggy’s Photos
questions@froggysphotos.com

Reaction score
Anyone need a three-day pass? I have an extra that I can either mail within the U.S. or have in hand Thursday 7/25 evening in Essen. Let me know - thanks!

HJR

Reaction score
I have a three day ticket available as well; bought the ticket, but now I'm an exhibitor. Just PM if you are interested :)

Reaction score
These questions may sound weird, but I'm serious:
I wanted to attend all collector's and fan stage panels, 1st of all because I think all topics are great and I wanted to go there to learn new stuff, but also I wanted to get all Star Tots. Now that the schedule is out it's clear that it will be impossible to attend every panel for me with at least 28 autographs to acquire, 6 exclusive prints to pick up, some other stuff I will be hunting and lots of great stuff going on on the Celebration Stage (for example I want to see the first look at Star Wars Rebels, but also all the stars on stage...).

- Will the panels be recorded and made available to watch later?
- What other possibilities to get the Star Tots are there, apart from attending the panels? I want a full set in any case...

Last edited:
Reaction score
The second question is easy. Purchase them through the forums, ebay and so on, or interchange them if you have extras. About the first question, I really hope so. Doing volunteering is going to take me apart of Rebels and I really wanted to see that, but also wouldn't want to miss volunteering :)

Reaction score
Yep, sorry to say maniac79, but welcome to the world of large scale fan conventions where the simple fact of the matter is, no matter how hard you try, or how much you want to, you just can't see and/or do everything.

Reaction score
If someone told me about this, I'd find it hard to believe. But it actually happened. Since I heard rumours that Froggy's will not have a pre-sale for photo ops @ CE II, I thought I'd ask them directly.

Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2013 4:49 PM
To: questions@froggysphotos.com
Subject: Contact: Preorder photo ops for CE II?

Name: Dennis

Email: xxx

Subject: Preorder photo ops for CE II?

will it be possible to pre-order photo ops for CE II?

Thanks
Dennis

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry im not sure what show CE II is.

Thank you,

Froggy’s Photos
questions@froggysphotos.com
That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Froggy's Photos is awful: bad quality, unprofessional, and should be boycotted. :)

Reaction score
@mousedroid
It was hard to accept at first, but *****ing doesn't change a thing and I'm OK with it now. Still it would be great if the collector's and fan's stage panels would be recorded and shared later. If not, so be it, but I'm still hoping. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last day of CEII, the highlight is hoping they announce the next location of Celebration VII....can't wait.

Reaction score
Great. I almost for sure will NOT be going. This is the year that my whole family is planning a trip together. In-laws, kids, everyone. I'm 100% sure no one will want to go to Celebration CVII.

And seeing how two trips in one year is just not feasible for me, I guess that means CVII is out. Thanks Disney/LFL. What happened to the THREE show deal in Orlando?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe Disney will rotate between Anaheim/Orlando. I really wanted Orlando, but being a month before Ep VII hits, it's gonna be a great oppurtunity to have Ep VII cast members/behind the scenes people. And overall it's Disney's show. I've never really been to California, besides a quick trip to Sacramento and back. At least ill have more time to save up had it been Aug 2014.

Reaction score
I'm sorry but April dates are beyond stupid. Kids are still in school in most states until May or June. So the last two were in late August when kids were starting school and this one will be near the end of the school year. What pinhead wo kids picks these dates!!?!?!??