Celebration Europe II - July 26-28, 2013

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
During the Closing Ceremonies at Star Wars Celebration VI this past weekend, it was announced that Star Wars Celebration Europe II will take place in Messe Essen, Germany from July 26th - 28th, 2013. The official site has already been updated with a link to sign up for email notifications alerting you when tickets go on sale. The countdown begins!

Reaction score
I'll never be able to go. I hope some nice things catch my eye that I might be able to pick up. Best of luck to anyone who can go!

Reaction score
Gonna put aside $200 a week, as I'm hoping to turn this into a two week long road trip across Germany and the bordering nations. So excited.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah,unless I won the lottery this will be a pipe dream for me.Well I have been to C2,C5 and now C6.Not to mention I got out on Sunday before the waether got really bad.

Reaction score
Ya, this is great for all the Europe collectors. We've been wanting to go to Europe in the near future, but that's quite a task to combine something like this with an outside trip with other objectives.

I'm hopeful for others in the States that might be able to go over to this. I'll probably be waiting to see if another pops up in 2014 over here in the US.

On a final note, so peeved that there won't be an ROTJ 30th Anniversary here in the states, a real bummer:(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Already checked airfare and hotel looks like from orlando it will be about 12-1400 per for a full week in Germany.

Reaction score
Already checked airfare and hotel looks like from orlando it will be about 12-1400 per for a full week in Germany.
Well lets hope to see a lot of u guys over in Europe this is my second trip to a celebration in the US and think at the last round up was costing 5000 dollars lol hey im loving being here loving STAR WARS met a load of cool people had a wealth of memories that as MC would say cant buy!!
cant wait for CE2 but hope I can afford to return to C7 also!

Reaction score
I think its great that European collectors get another celebration; however, I feel sorry for those that were in Orlando that its only 11 months away. Better start saving!!!

Reaction score
That is great for our European brethren! I only hope they hold CVII in Orlando again! I think it is a PERFECT place....So many things to do. I hope that they make it a hat trick and hold it there at least one more time.

Reaction score
Being a BMW enthusiast ... I've always wanted to visit Germany. Now I have two reasons to go. ;)

Reaction score
BMW is in Munich, so you have to travel a little bit ;)
it's really worth the trip, especially the BMW World!

Reaction score
BMW is in Munich, so you have to travel a little bit ;)
it's really worth the trip, especially the BMW World!

Yeah...I know..From what I've seen n heard, it really is worth the trip. ;)
I did the factory tour a few years back in SC while taking some courses ( driving their M3's like we stole'em :p ), which both were awesome.

Reaction score
Whoa, $1500+ for airfare almost a year in advance? Youch! Hopefully we will see a dip in prices sometime between now and then.

Reaction score
So is this the next Celebration?Did they announce one for the states or is this it?

Reaction score
Just thought you guys might like to know that messe essen is only about 2 hours from Amsterdam.

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about this announcement! My stepbrothers live about 45 minutes away in Koln so I at least don't have to worry about a hotel :)

Reaction score
I am actually contemplating on going. Never been overseas and what would be a better place to go than to Germany for CEII

Reaction score
i dunno if i am doing this one..to be honest,i really only need autographs from a few people(no big stars or names)..i figure those kinda people always show up in N.America..PLUS its gonna be a over a grand for just airfare, and everyhting will be in euros..i'm sure it will be fun etc, but as i add up the math...meh...don;t think i'm making this one

Reaction score
i dunno if i am doing this one..to be honest,i really only need autographs from a few people(no big stars or names)..i figure those kinda people always show up in N.America..PLUS its gonna be a over a grand for just airfare, and everyhting will be in euros..i'm sure it will be fun etc, but as i add up the math...meh...don;t think i'm making this one

Im sure they'll have a send in service. If autos are all you want, you'll be taken care of...

Reaction score
I might very well skip SDCC next year to go to CE2 instead. I certainly won't be able to afford both so close together.

I haven't looked at airfares myself, but I'm shocked they are in the $1000+ range. I expected $700 to $800, but not $1000 to $1500.

Reaction score
I am so excited! I will be attending C2E. Most of my family is from Europe, (I am first generation American) so this is going to be great. So, Germany here I come...and Auf Weirdeshen to the USA for a week!

May the force be with us!

Hugs!

Reaction score
I am so excited! I will be attending C2E. Most of my family is from Europe, (I am first generation American) so this is going to be great. So, Germany here I come...and Auf Weirdeshen to the USA for a week!

May the force be with us!

Hugs!
Oh hey, another fellow Ohioan.

Reaction score
I attended CE in London and REALLY want to be there for CEII. It's a tough sell to the family because Germany isn't too high on our "must visit" list. We are looking at some sort of Mediterranean cruise before or after the Celebration. It's only money, we'll make more :twisted:

Reaction score
I haven't looked at airfares myself, but I'm shocked they are in the $1000+ range. I expected $700 to $800, but not $1000 to $1500.
Curious where you saw these prices. Read the same 2-3 times over here about those range but to say I am from germany and came over for CVI, so had the same route and paid for GERMANY > US > GERMANY just 650 USD...

Reaction score
Curious where you saw these prices. Read the same 2-3 times over here about those range but to say I am from germany and came over for CVI, so had the same route and paid for GERMANY > US > GERMANY just 650 USD...
I just got my tickets for $583

Reaction score
J/K, I got the ticket from priceline.com. NYC to Dusseldorf, it was listed at $590, and then they gave me $7 off for some reason, probably the Jedi Mind Trick.

Reaction score
Ok, thanks! Good price. Maybe it's because you are in NYC? I have to fly all the way across the country first to get to the coast to the plane that will fly over the ocean. That adds some expense.

Reaction score
Just got my plane tickets. Newark to Dusseldorf, $630 round trip, flying United.