Celebration Europe II: Guests

Reaction score
I am just hoping to see some guests that hasn't already been to a Celebration.
Having been to Celebration IV, V and VI the current lineup is not for me.
I understand, that securing guests for these events is a huge undertaking, but I can't help but feeling a little dissapointed, that so many are repeats from CVI and not a single guest that wasn't at either CIV or CVI.
I am hoping for some new blood or this might be my first convention ever (out of about 30) without getting any autographs.
Yeah, I would have thought they would have gotten some real heavy hitters being in Germany. I would duce a brick if Lee would be there. To the poster about Mcdiarmid, I paid 125 for his sig. Not sure what the 110 euros would be in US dollars.

Reaction score
Yeah, I would have thought they would have gotten some real heavy hitters being in Germany. I would duce a brick if Lee would be there. To the poster about Mcdiarmid, I paid 125 for his sig. Not sure what the 110 euros would be in US dollars.
Personally I don't need heavy hitters to be happy. While I would prefer not to get "third stormtrooper from the left", then it doesn't take Mr. Lee to make me satisfied. Somewhere in between would do nicely as long as it is someone who hasn't been to a celebration before.

Some people that springs to mind (must admit I don't know if they have been to Celebrations that I haven't been to): Frank Oz (yeah, I know - not bloody likely to happen), Michael Pennington, Vivienne Chandler, Denis Lawson, Ailsa Berk, Deep Roy, Alan Flyng (although I have met him numerous times, but he is a really nice guy and he has speaking part in ROTJ). And also maybe the dancing girls from Special Edition.

And if we go PT, then I wouldn't mind meeting the likes of Leeanna Walsman, Joel Edgerton, Rose Byrne, Ayesha Dharker and Matt Doran.

Of couse they can throw in Harrison Ford, Samuel L. Jackson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen and the already mentioned Christopher Lee and I would for sure pay the price, but to be realistic, less will do for me (though I wouldn't mind one of them to make better use of my VIP-pass;)).

Reaction score
I don't think we are going to see any of the big big names that are not already there, but it will be very nice to see at least McGregor (since he is from around). But hey, I was expecting Harrison Ford, but not bloody way it's going to happen ;)

Reaction score
I'm surprised Warwick Davis isn't going to sign/take photos considering he's MC-ing...

Oh... does anyone know if Kathleen Kennedy will be in the Celebration Stage or will she appear in the Digital Stage?

Reaction score
I'm actually quite happy with the current guest list. This is my first Celebration so naturally most of the guests I haven't met before and there are many I can't wait to meet, but I understand where you Celebration regulars are coming from. I definitely recall that most of these guests have done at least one or two Celebrations between them before.

Like I've been saying all the time though, I'd say they're working on a few Celebration first-timers to surprise us. We know OfficialPix have asked Christopher Lee about appearing on the Saturday, though we don't know if he has said yes or no or even got back to them. A appearance from him would definitely get a lot of attention.

I've also heard they've asked Samuel L. Jackson to attend as well. Don't hold me to that, but it's something I heard at the Star Wars Fan Fun Day last month. Not really a shock though as they've actually asked Samuel multiple times I believe, but he couldn't make it any of the previous times, so this will probably be the same. We'll have to wait and see though.

As it is, I wouldn't mind a few Celebration first-timers too. Just saying that I'm still happy with the guest list regardless.

Reaction score
I think this year Samuel is free, or at least, that's my understanding. In June he was finishing filming the new installment of Captain America, and he doesn't have anything except the remake of The Last Dragon, and I believe it hasn't started yet, and producing the AfroSamurai film. He already finished filming RoboCop.

PD: Mini-Fan here ;)

Reaction score
Since it's being run by Froggy's Photos, I wouldn't expect any prompt updates or professional handling of the event. ;)
I'm not sure about their past photo events, but my photo taken with Ian McDiarmid at C6 went pretty smoothly (just started a little late). The pre-order went well too. I was satisfied with their "professional handling":)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've kind of been dreading asking this question, or rather dreading one possible answer, but...

Does this mean the guest list is complete?

Reaction score
Can't wait for the guest list to be complete and also when the photo ops go on sale so I can finally purchase my tickets... hoping it's this weekend so I can finally buy them :D

Reaction score
i would like to see someone who has NEVER been to a celebration as a signing guest
Yeah, I see Coolwaters has snagged John Ratzenberger for San Diego. It would be pretty neat if the Official Lucasfilm Licensee could snag someone like that for the Official Star Wars convention.

I know I'd certainly be willing to pass on someone like Daniel "I Attend Every Convention on Earth" Logan for a guest like John Ratzenberger, Denis Lawson, etc.

Reaction score
Figures. Sale for VIP tickets ends on the 20th. So on the 21st they will announce Harrison Ford, Christopher Lee and Samuel L. Jackson.

Well, fingers crossed.:p:whistling::p

Reaction score
Fingers still crossed...

Seriously though Chris, do you know if Doug Chiang and Iain McCaig will be signing?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fisher ... check
Hamill ... check

I have the feeling there'll be another cool dude joining them on that stage ;)

Reaction score
Happy with guests so far but really hoping for Dennis lawson, desperate for him to sign my poster, travelled to Milton Keynes and forgot to take it with me :-(

Reaction score
Chris, you tease!

I saw a post by you under Guests and got all excited that some more names had been announced.

Last edited: