Celebration Europe II: Guests

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The first guest announcement has been made. Supervising Director for The Clone Wars, Dave Filoni will attend!

I bet we see some rare appearances given how close this is to the UK. B)

Reaction score
Very excited to get the chance to meet Dave Filoni! I'm a huge fan of the Wolfpack, so I hope I get the chance to discuss the Wolfpack with him. Also need his signature on a couple of items as well. Great first announcement by Celebration! Looking forward to more. :)

Reaction score
The first guest announcement has been made. Supervising Director for The Clone Wars, Dave Filoni will attend!

I bet we see some rare appearances given how close this is to the UK. B)
I would love to see guests that just dont do US shows.Making the trip across the pond,I know Ben wont let us down!!
Tony~

Reaction score
I would love to see guests that just dont do US shows.Making the trip across the pond,I know Ben wont let us down!!
Tony~
That would probably leave you ending up with a ton of minor celebrity's, if they only went for ones who don't do US shows. I personally can't wait to see who they get over, as I've still got to meet a ton of the celebrities in person, and I'll be very happy if they get some good members of the The Clone Wars cast especially.

Reaction score
I'm F5-ing their homepage every few minutes...bagged 2 VIP passes, so hoping to get some more top notch autographs on my already-signed SW Chronicles book.

Super-psyched :D

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Mcdirmad will attend CE.I would highly recommend meeting him.A true english gentleman.
I 2nd that! I got to meet him and get my picture taken with him at Celebration VI. It was brief, but he is very nice and a down to earth person.

Reaction score
He is a gentleman and I would recommend people meet him too however, there is one thing he isn't and that is English!! He was born in Carnoustie, Scotland.

Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't trying to have a go at you, I'm just proud of my nation. Any time anyone from here goes on to do anything of note they invariably get labelled British or even English!

Reaction score
I hope to see Lewis Macleod, Alan Ruscoe, and Billy Dee Williams !
I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Dee Williams turned up. He's done European conventions before, like the original Celebration Europe (I think) and the event in Ireland called Invasion, so he has been to European shows. I'd consider your other two wants fairly unlikely though, but hopefully they'll show up. We'll just have to wait and see before writing anyone off. :)

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Dee Williams turned up. He's done European conventions before, like the original Celebration Europe (I think) and the event in Ireland called Invasion, so he has been to European shows. I'd consider your other two wants fairly unlikely though, but hopefully they'll show up. We'll just have to wait and see before writing anyone off. :)
Alan Ruscoe did an event in Denmark in May last year, so I see no reason why he shouldn't want to do an event in Germany if he is invited and have the time.
He is a great guy. Very friendly and down to earth. So if anyone have the chance to meet him at any event, I can only say go for it.

Billy Dee Williams is also very friendly, though he is getting older and may not be up for the long hours of an event. If he does come, then anyone wanting to meet him should do so rather than waiting for the next event, as I would not be surprised if his appearences is getting more and more rare.

Reaction score
This is my first big event so I'm not sure how these announcements are usually done, but it seems a little strange that almost a month after tickets go on sale, there's still only a fairly minor actor and a behind-the-camera guy confirmed on. Im in no way disparaging either of them, but the organisers better improve their roll call in order to warrant the 1000 Euros I've dropped on tickets.... :| Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the small local events I used to attend in the UK had guest booked and confirmed BEFORE they advertised & took your money

Reaction score
Well, Scotland is part of Britain.
Yes it is (for now!! lol) but invariably if its England doing well at anything they are referred to as English, not British. See how Andy Murray is labelled now compared to a few years ago - he was classed as the dour-faced Scot now he's successful and winning majors he's British!

Mark (who supports the first British team to win the European Cup!!)

Reaction score
This is just the way it is for Celebrations. Hell you don't even get a full event guide until days before the show. Never really been disappointed yet so fear not...

This is my first big event so I'm not sure how these announcements are usually done, but it seems a little strange that almost a month after tickets go on sale, there's still only a fairly minor actor and a behind-the-camera guy confirmed on. Im in no way disparaging either of them, but the organisers better improve their roll call in order to warrant the 1000 Euros I've dropped on tickets.... :| Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the small local events I used to attend in the UK had guest booked and confirmed BEFORE they advertised & took your money

Reaction score
Thanks Ross - I'm looking forward to it, regardless, just found it weird there were no bigger names confirmed or announced.

Reaction score
Mary Franklin on Twitter said:
Getting Celebration Europe announcements ready for this week. Fun!
Might be guests, though might also be something else.
I am exited though.:grin:

Reaction score
Hmmm, perhaps time to drag my non-social-networking *** onto The Twitter and see what all the fuss is about...

Reaction score
I don't like twitter. Much to much going on to keep track on anything. Seems like people are posting constantly to make up for the short message allowed.
I only know about Mary's message because someone else wrote about it on a fora. I did check it out though, to get the words right.

Reaction score
Yeah - wary of any technology that requires a mail to mate asking "How the f... does this work?!?!?!" LOL. Still, have managed to resurrect my account and am now following Mary, so will keep 'em peeled for breaking news :)

Reaction score
Steve Sansweet confirmed as the fourth guest, joining Dave Filoni, Warwick Davis and Pablo Hidalgo who were previously announced.

Reaction score
Ian McDiarmid announced...

Nice! Hope this portends an uptick in autograph guest announcements. Personally I'm hoping for (among others of course):

Denis Lawson
Cathy Munroe
Anthony Forrest
Koo Stark
Oliver Ford Davies
Hugh Quarshie
Ahmed Best
Joel Edgerton

And of course the "if I'm dreaming list"...

James Earl Jones
Frank Oz
Christopher Lee
John Williams
George Lucas

I'd like to see a mix of new and old guests and a mix of OT and PT actors as well as crew members and Clone Wars voice actors, with the emphasis on OT and PT actors that haven't attended a Celebration before.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually i would like four guests that have attended a past celebration......ralph brown, angus maciines, sandi finlay, and bodie taylor.

Reaction score
Denis Lawson
Koo Stark
Oliver Ford Davies
Hugh Quarshie
Ahmed Best
Joel Edgerton

And of course the "if I'm dreaming list"...

James Earl Jones
Frank Oz
Christopher Lee
John Williams
George Lucas
Sure, all of them! Christopher Lee would be a dream come true, even a signing send-in backstage and may a stage apperance.

Angus Maciines
Sandi Finlay
Margaret Towner
Ray Park
Temuera Morrison
Julian Glover
Lewis Macleod
Corey Dee Williams
Stephan Costantino
Scott Capurro

Easily could add more names... some behind-the-scenes, ILM, and a cool mix from the OT / PT folks...

And Warwick Davis has to sign!

Reaction score
4 Fett's have been announced!
Really excited to meet Daniel Logan, very happy that he'll be at CEII. Might meet John Morton as well, depending on the other guests they get. Nice to see Jeremy confirmed as well, met him a few times already, great man. If I have the time I'll go to one of Leland Chee's panels. Don't really care for Dickey Beer, to be honest. Though I can see why autograph hunters will want him as he apparently rarely signs in Europe.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actor Tim Dry, who portrayed J'Quille and a Mon Calamari Officer in Return of the Jedi, has accepted his invitation to Celebration Europe II and will be announced shortly.

Reaction score
Most of these are the same guest as last year but it's in Germany so I'm sure the folks there are pleased. I would like to see Quentin Pierre and Seb Dewing make an appearance.