Celebration Europe II: Art

Reaction score
Kick update. Every print I have ordered is already on my hands, including your Spencer's, Hail. I will start sending PMs tomorrow night.

PS: Prints look nice in person, but I have to say Spencer and Sanda are my favourite ones.

Reaction score
How are my Vanderstelt and Trevas?? I didn't want to bother you so Ive held off on Pming you....:D

Oh and....
Anyone wanting Joe Corroney's print should hit him up on FB to reserve one. He's telling people he'll have plenty left over, so that makes me feel better. I do hope he sells a lot though. I think his print looks amazing!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The artists prints look great in person. Espcially Malcolm Tweens and Ken Lashley's. Paul Ballard is doing touch-ups with gold pen to his piece that really makes them amazing. Also there's something about the fine Art Giclée by Benjamin Carré (for Rancho Obi-Wan) that has almost a shimmer to it, its really beautiful in person. It is probably my favorite of the show. Drew Baker has on a display some images of an as-of-yet unreleased 6 foot "A New Hope" Darth Vader with a defiant Princess Leia painting. It is remarkable and screams classic trilogy.

It is kind of a shame they have stuck the artists in the very back corner of the hall in what looks like the back end of a semi-trailer. You don't see them from the outside and they are surrounded by high walls. When you enter there is just a narrow hallway so it is jam packed with people and almost impossible to move around. Plus there is just one cash register.

Reaction score
It is kind of a shame they have stuck the artists in the very back corner of the hall in what looks like the back end of a semi-trailer. You don't see them from the outside and they are surrounded by high walls. When you enter there is just a narrow hallway so it is jam packed with people and almost impossible to move around. Plus there is just one cash register.
"Kind of a shame"? That's putting it lightly. IMO, it's a freaking joke. There aren't as many artists as there are at the US Celebrations, but they deserve the same respect. Comparing where they are to the back end of a semi trailer sounds about right, unfortunately. Not sure what the lines are like since I grabbed my Malcolm Tween print first thing Friday morning, but it sounds like the promoters took a step back with this show in regards to the artists.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ACME is doing the art show right? Did they not learn from CV with one register the first day? Too late now I guess. Hope you guys still enjoyed meeting the great artists!

Last edited:
Reaction score
At least there was a register when you got there, I went first thing Friday and had to go all the way back to the show store to pay for my on site purchases, then back through the crowd to the show for pickup.

Reaction score
Someone points out in the ACME thread that Chris Trevas has put his print on ebay. Last I checked there were 3 left! Go get em!
Make that 2!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was on his waiting list. I got his e-mail stating that he had enough extras for everyone. I already ordered my print. The eBay prints he sold might be the remaining supply outside of the wait list.

Reaction score
Drew Baker has on a display some images of an as-of-yet unreleased 6 foot "A New Hope" Darth Vader with a defiant Princess Leia painting. It is remarkable and screams classic trilogy.
I got the print of the painting Drew had hanging at his booth on Sunday after 5 after asking him about it a few times during the show. He was really nice about it and even signed the print for me.
i also thought it was a shame how all the artists were crammed into that ridiculous little corridor. They could at least have made it a bit broader. Only Busch was able to escape that hell, him and Lin-Zy had Alice booth outside in the hall. I got his Yoda print and the free German Indy poster he gave away as well. Great guy.
lastly, I was a bit sad for y
Hugh Fleming, whom not a lot of people seemed interested in. He looked quite lonely, and he told me he would have loved to see the action going on in the halls and on the stages. To top it off, his prints got stuck in customs, so he spent all Friday at Düsseldorf airport to sort things out. ****** situation, German customs (or almost all german bureaucrats for that matter) are sooooo extremely inflexible and unhelpful it's not even funny.

But I was happy in the end, walked away with three fine prints that will get places of honor I my collection room. Time to get rid of those stupid prequel posters :-D