Celebration Europe II: Art

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Exclusive artwork has become more and more popular over the years during Celebration. Which artist(s) do you want to see at the show?

Reaction score
Not going, but I'd like to see
Jerry Vanderstelt
Tom Hodges
Chris Trevas
SB3
Katie Cook
Joe Corroney
And would like to see something from local German artist Angelina Benedetti, she does awesome sketch cards especially of Padme...
and the list goes on...

Reaction score
But imagine all that German beer you could drink!
Ill have to save it for CVII. Hopefully you guys would be in for that if announced! And G_M, Padme is your focus? Look Angelina up, like I said great Padme work. And she does great work in what looks like pen as well.

Reaction score
Count me in too for CVII if I survive CEII :D I hope, at least, to see SB3 and Katie.

Reaction score
I've heard from several artists who have opted out of CEII due to the astronomical costs of attending. Can't say I blame them, most artists arn't made of money and Europe is expensive enough. So I don't think the amount of participation will be what they are expecting.

I hope some lesser known and European artists get a chance to show off their stuff.

Reaction score
Doesn't help that its the weekend after San Diego either. I saw Katie Cook tweeted this morning that she's a no, which is very disappointing, but understandable.

Reaction score
I'm glad to announce I'll be going!
My print concept was approved by Lucasfilm today (sorry, no hints. You have to wait for the official reveal on starwars.com) :)
I'm looking forward to the show and seeing Germany for the first time although my trip will be short on sight-seeing.

My friends Brian Rood, Joe Corroney, Spencer Brinkerhoff III, and Shea Standefer have also confirmed they have been approved for the Art Show as well!

Reaction score
Def going to need help getting your print Chris! Cool to hear Shea will be doing something. She's a fun follow on FB...

Reaction score
The official artist present at Celebration Europe 2 :

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steve Anderson[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Doug Cowan[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joshua Smith (Hydro74)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drew Baker[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hugh Fleming[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shea Standefer[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Paul Ballard[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hans Jenssen[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JAKe (Jake Steel)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spencer Brinkerhoff III[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ken Lashley[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chris Trevas[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matt Busch[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Erik Maell[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Malcolm Tween[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lin Zy Busch[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jason Palmer[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jerry VanderStelt[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Richard Chasemore[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Brian Rood[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Christian Waggoner[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joe Corroney[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tsuneo Sanda[/FONT]

Reaction score
I know it's early but is there going to be a way we can get a print if we're not heading overseas? I'm looking to grab at least a Trevas and Waggoner... Please help!

Reaction score
I'm glad to announce I'll be going!
My print concept was approved by Lucasfilm today (sorry, no hints. You have to wait for the official reveal on starwars.com) :)
I'm looking forward to the show and seeing Germany for the first time although my trip will be short on sight-seeing.

My friends Brian Rood, Joe Corroney, Spencer Brinkerhoff III, and Shea Standefer have also confirmed they have been approved for the Art Show as well!
Glad you're going, Chris! Looking forward to your print, as always! My trip will be short on sight-seeing as well. I just can't swing the time for a longer trip. So we'll just have to make the most of the time we do have! :)

Reaction score
Please note that the prints listed as "not available for preorder" will be available for preorder from those artist's personal websites.

Reaction score
Trying to buy a couple of prints, but when I click the Buy button it simply takes me to PayPal but there are no details or information...can anyone help please?

Reaction score
it looks like if you dont have PP, you fill out the lines and go to CC info I guess. If you do have PP you click the Have a PP account line.

Reaction score
I don't get those 'lines' - Buy Now takes me straight to PP...I'm logged in, but nothing appearing in my account :confused:

SOLVED - damn Google Chrome.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Going crazy - getting "Homecoming" (so I can get it signed by 4 Fetts), "ROTJ 30th" (so I can get it signed by everyone!) and the VanderStelt, cos I missed out on buying another of his recently.

I wanted "Execution Order" as well but it was vetoed by SWMBO as "...too gruesome". She doesn't know a lot about Star Wars, but she DOES know what happened to Lars & Beru...lol!

Reaction score
SWMBO?? Its not like theyve been set on fire...yet! Couple thoughts on the Tween print...1) Imagine the Ewok(s) walking through the forest and seeing that sight! 2) Imagine the walker troops as theyre going through said forest and maybe seeing these little furry creatures..."No opposition there..."...only to be partly overthrown by said furry creatures! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I pre-ordered:
Execution order (Chris) (must have in my opinion, it is so bad ***...)
Malcolm Tween print
Dancer's Pit (Shea Standefer)
Leuchtende Wesen sind wir (Matt Busch)

Anyone know when Matt Busch's will be for sale and where? I want this and there are a couple more I'm thinking about... e.g. Vanderstelt, Rood, Fleming...

EDIT: Preordered Matt's print now too, you can get it via his online store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
SWMBO?? Its not like theyve been set on fire...yet! Couple thoughts on the Tween print...1) Imagine the Ewok(s) walking through the forrest and seeing that sight! 2) Imagine the walker troops as theyre going through said forrest and maybe seeing these little furry creatures..."No opposition there..."...only to be partly overthrown by said furry creatures! ;)
She Who Must Be Obeyed..... :D

And yeah, the Tween print made me chuckle...all that firepower brought down by feral Care Bears :'(

Reaction score
Wow I like that Malcolm Tween print. I mean there are several I like, including Brian's and Jerry's, but I really like Malcolm's. I only wish it was larger. Dimensions of 13" x 19" seem a bit on the small side. I'd have preferred if it was more like 16" x 24". Though I guess it'll be cheaper to matte and frame this way.

Reaction score
I am getting SB3 and nearly for sure Matt and Lin Zy prints :) Others are very nice, but not my cup of tea, really. I find realistic style, how to say it, really realistic LOL

Reaction score
3 questions from a convention noob;

Practically...
- should i bring my own poster tubes to the convention, or will they be provided with each purchase?
- will each artist hand-sign each print when I collect them?

Philosophically...
- should I get Tem Morrison to sign my "Homecoming" print? I'm going to get all Four Fett's to sign it, but should I get his as well? From a purist's viewpoint, he's technically not Boba, but that sure is him in the painting!

AAARGH - the dilemma!?!?!?! :confused:

Reaction score
3 questions from a convention noob;

Practically...
- should i bring my own poster tubes to the convention, or will they be provided with each purchase?
- will each artist hand-sign each print when I collect them?
They typically do not provide tubes. I'm bringing a tube with me, but likely there will be tubes for sale somewhere at the con. Yes, they hand-sign them, and number them, on the spot.

Reaction score
Philosophically...
- should I get Tem Morrison to sign my "Homecoming" print? I'm going to get all Four Fett's to sign it, but should I get his as well? From a purist's viewpoint, he's technically not Boba, but that sure is him in the painting!

AAARGH - the dilemma!?!?!?! :confused:
Tem is the voice of Boba in the latest releases of the classic trilogy now.
I'd say he's a legit Boba autograph! If he's cast as Boba Fett in a new Disney movie that would make the print even better!

Reaction score
Thanks LonePigeon - input much appreciated! Better add another few 'graph tickets to the already-groaning basket.... :)