Celebration Chicago: VIP Tickets

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Were you one of the lucky few able to obtain VIP tickets? Discuss here!

If you purchased one and are trying to sell it, you'll need to contact ReedPOP! directly to have the name transferred over. Please refrain from posting multiple times whether you are trying to buy or sell. This is mainly for discussing the badge benefits for those that have already purchased the now sold out passes.

Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to have VIP since they started doing them (don't hate me). Part of me misses the 'line community' (it was especially fun waiting on the roof of the Indianapolis convention center the first day at Celebration III), but as I get older, and the crowds get bigger, the thought of sleeping on a concrete floor to get into a panel does not appeal to me.

Reaction score
Had vip 2x before, missed out at c7 and c8 although I had exhibitor badge, have vip again for Chicago. Interested to seeing if some of the changes done at c8 will also be done at c9 - like if they actually enforce the line jump tickets or just have a separate vip line for different guests and vips can line jump repeatedly without checking the line jump tickets.

Reaction score
I've had VIP for the US Celebrations since CV. Each experience has been different. For the line jumps, it depended on who was working. Sometimes the jumps got punched and sometimes they didn't.

Reaction score
I had VIP in London and my friend was lucky enough to get 3 VIP tickets for Chicago. This will be my wife's first VIP experience.

I also have some VIP swag to trade with other Chicago VIP's.... message me for a preview of what you will get!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Figure I'll post here, WTB 2 VIP passes in case someone's selling. Sadly missed out.

Reaction score
So I'm really stumped here on selling and being protected because if the buyer pays via paypal and I do the ownership transfer thru reedpop, I'm hoping there's no way paypal would side with them if they claimed they didn't get them or if they got sick and chose not to attend last minute.

I wanted to use VIP for the first time, but with wedding planning/expenses it just made more sense to sell my pair.

Reaction score
So I'm really stumped here on selling and being protected because if the buyer pays via paypal and I do the ownership transfer thru reedpop, I'm hoping there's no way paypal would side with them if they claimed they didn't get them or if they got sick and chose not to attend last minute.

I wanted to use VIP for the first time, but with wedding planning/expenses it just made more sense to sell my pair.
There is a page on facebook where you can sell or buy celebration tickets , incase you didn't know ..

Reaction score
Yep I saw, but I’m more curious about thoughts as staying protected as a seller.
Maybe wait until you have them in hand then send recorded delivery so you can get a copy of the signature/proof of delivery from the buyer?

Reaction score
wait until you have the tickets. its just easier, especially with the value of vip. as someone whos bought vip 2 seperate years....the in hand after was the easiest buy, the prebuy transfer was more nerve racking and took months more of communication for me to feel secure.

Reaction score
There is enough demand for VIP tickets that you should be able to dictate the terms of payment and shipping.

For example, require that the buyer send you a money order or certified check. Then ship the passes certified mail with insurance and a signature required to guarantee proof that the buyer received them.

If the buyer doesn't agree to all of that, move on to one of the next 1000+ people in line to buy them from you.

Reaction score
My only concern about selling VIP badges is that when you go to check in to the VIP room, what if your name isn't on the list?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last couple celebrations (Anaheim, Orlando), the gifts were tied to the name on the account. So you had to check in a room and they looked up your name to hand over your lanyard, art print, program, poster, etc.

If the original buyer doesn't transfer the tickets to your name with Reed Pop, I don't know what happens. Maybe you get nothing, maybe they do something? Not sure as I've been the original purchaser for my tickets.

Reaction score
I bought for Orlando. The seller submitted my shirt size for his "order", mailed me all his documents from when he purchased to when he received updates. After
he had his badges, he then changed all data to be in my name. I got to orlando, Brett was on my stuff and my shirt was right size. as much as they dont want to see resales of any tickets, they are WELL AWARE its happening. dont sweat the transfer, just get your shirts ordered in right size, get badges and then its much much easier.

Reaction score
Closer to Celebration, there will be someone from Reed who contacts the VIP ticket holders. In Orlando, I gave the holder of my second VIP ticket's information to him so when it was registration time, my +1 could check in, no problem.

Lam

Reaction score
Anyone been contacted yet? Looks like there's an early check-in on Thursday for VIPs for the exclusive Celebration Store shopping, but that's all I've heard so far.

Lam

Reaction score
Haven't gotten my email yet. :'(

On another topic, since Hasbro/Lego/Funko are doing the lottery thing for exclusives, does that mean that the VIP early access window is no use for those? Or will there still be some available every morning?

Reaction score
Haven't gotten my email yet. :'(

On another topic, since Hasbro/Lego/Funko are doing the lottery thing for exclusives, does that mean that the VIP early access window is no use for those? Or will there still be some available every morning?
If VIP's are treated the same as before. I was VIP in Orlando last Celebration (great experience), I could only get the exclusives that weren't in lotteries. At that time Hasbro wasn't one, and I had no issues with getting the X-Wing Luke 6". So, to answer your question, I would assume those booths are off the table and VIP early access won't help.

Last edited:

Lam

Reaction score
Thanks. I will expect that same setup, and have already entered the lotteries.

Still no VIP email. Where's my email, people!?

Reaction score
Private bathrooms? to me, that's going a little too far. watch out for those cooties!
As someone who's never had a Celebration VIP badge, I'd say it's a worthwhile perk. Bathroom lines are extremely common at large events (especially for women's restrooms).

Reaction score
Potty lines can be vary long indeed! timing is the answer. I just hope those VIP bathrooms are kept up to par!,clean and well stocked!

Reaction score
Hi Vips, I'm attending as a non-VIP (for the first time since they've had VIPs, sadly). I collect the badge sets for each Celebration. So, I'm looking to buy a VIP badge when the convention is over, at the end of Monday. The VIP badges are never included in the badge set sold in the Celebration store. Additionally, if anyone is planning on not attending the full 5 days, I'm eager to purchase a partially used VIP badge during the con, too. Please PM. I answer fast. Thanks!

Last edited:

Lam

Reaction score
Still haven't received my VIP email or contact info. Can anyone point me to someone?

Reaction score
Since the VIP lanyard and patch are delayed until Monday, you can go to the Lounge and get a coupon for a free custom printed t-shirt from the Store.

Reaction score
So now that Celebration Chicago has come and gone, was VIP worth it this yr for my fellow VIP's?

Despite the hiccups before and during the con, I think it was! I was able to attend every panel I had planned to attend and acquired all the non-lottery exclusives that I wanted. I do think that with the new lottery system, the gap between the VIP and General Attendee experience has somewhat diminished.

Lam

Reaction score
Yes, I totally think it was worth it just for the panels alone. I never had to go early, in fact, most days, I went right at the start time (sometimes even just after a panel started), and had no trouble finding a seat. The reserved section made everything super easy, and I always ended up somewhere in the first 5 rows. So good times.

In terms of exclusive items to purchase, I got basically everything I had my eyes on. It wasn't quite as easy as I was hoping for, since vendors ended up still selling to other exhibitors first, but was still much easier than it would have been for the general ticket holders.