Celebration Chicago: Swag

Reaction score
More SWAG!

"LONELY JEDI" Thala Siren milk carton papercraft. I will be handing this out all weekend long and will also post
specific times/places for them on Instagram (@nerdmatters)

Reaction score
Is there any meetups that happen where people exchange the "good swag?" This question feels indelicate but I know that typically the groups and clubs have lots of high quality stuff that members put a lot of effort into making. I'm not a member of the 501st or a major cities club but I've made some high quality stuff that I think people will enjoy, especially vintage collectors.

I feel bad saying I don't want to just pass out stuff I made, and the one facebook group about swag specifically says you have to do that. So any help would be appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Reaction score
I feel bad saying I don't want to just pass out stuff I made, and the one facebook group about swag specifically says you have to do that. So any help would be appreciated. Feel free to pm me.
if you are referring to ny grooup, the SWAG CREW, this is NOT entirely true. The core and roots of the group are built around giving and charity, but trades so happen, we coordinate a trade slot in the Collecting Track room and even have incorporate new Trade Badge Buddies to let folks know, Hey, i do have some cool trade only swag. So come back, join, and post your stuff. I do highy suggest making some of what you might not call "good swag". because as people see you doing trades, they will start asking about what you are doing, why, where, what, etc etc. better to have something to offer than nothing. as it is, Something We All Get.... purebuttons, simple, cheap best buttons around, can get enough to do 25-50$ a day well under 100$.

Yes some of the "good swag" is outrageously expensive and super crazy cool this year. Being part of the Fill the Barge set has been fun and its going to be insane to watch folks try and get a full set.

Reaction score
I'll have pockets full of the pins below. unfortunately these are the same ones I had in Orlando in 2017. I clearly ordered too many for Celebration Orlando 2017 because I still have a box of them left over. I hate to recycle them but I can't produce a new one when I have so many of these lying around. Feel free to add them to the facebook page. I'm not on facebook.

There are a total of 7 characters
Luke
Leia
Han
Chewie
Lando
R2D2
C3P0

Reaction score
Hey everyone, getting excited, this will be my fourth celebration but first time handing out freebies. I'm an artist who mostly does toy art (handmade action figures that I paint). But I'll be bringing stickers featuring my newest design, The Force Abides! These are 4"x5" and nice quality. I'll have about 100 to hand out all weekend. I'll be wearing a shirt with the same art on thursday. Just going to give them to people I talk to in line or who ask for one if they see me. My instagram is @lazarustoys.

Reaction score
Proud to announce this years swag which a fellow collector and forum member (Plastikheld) and I have created. As we are Germans, it had to be something linked to German collectables.

We will disseminate a total of eight different buttons (2 per day) and a unique folder to put them on display.

Almost all pictured figures are prototypes and were shown in an early German promotional catalog from 1979.

The run is limited to 50 complete sets!

Find us, trade with us, enjoy Celebration swag time :)

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Here is a button series that a group of us have worked on that ties some of our swag together. Each sponsor's name is listed below the character/button image.

While we will be out and about all five days of Celebration - the best places to find the group will be:

The Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society fan table (#1342) (Jim Ristway, Eric Franks, Joe Kersavage Jr, Stu Kesilman, Mike De Stefano, Scott Fetzick, Nikki Fetzick, Vaughn Whisker)
The Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance fan table (#1338) (Courtney Wyman, Chris Wyman, Michael P. McLain)
The Indiana Star Wars Collecting Community fan table (#1238) (Chris Logli), the Collecting Track and the Archive Party on Thursday night.

Each sponsor will have 100 of each character/button for distribution. Character buttons are 1.25" and the two Survivor - Tatooine themed buttons are 1.75" x 2.75" oval shaped.

Reaction score
Here is the first piece of swag my brother-in-law and I are doing (more coming in about a week). Limited to 50 pieces (2.5" x 3.5" rectangle button, soft matte finish) and inspired by Matt's Ackbar focus collection - It's with our deepest regret, we present the Admiral Ackbar funeral card.

@DarthBaldylox - Feel free to add this to the Facebook group - Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Proud to announce this years swag which a fellow collector and forum member (Plastikheld) and I have created. As we are Germans, it had to be something linked to German collectables.

We will disseminate a total of eight different buttons (2 per day) and a unique folder to put them on display.

Almost all pictured figures are prototypes and were shown in an early German promotional catalog from 1979.

The run is limited to 50 complete sets!

Find us, trade with us, enjoy Celebration swag time :)

So cool! I hope I can find these. I love any swag related to vintage SW toys.

Reaction score
Commemorating one of the most iconic scenes in the trilogy... Vader strikes down Kenobi! The custom MOC is limited to 20 pieces and will be available for trade. 200 yellow card back buttons and 50 Kenner buttons are ready to give away... See you around the convention center and Archive Party!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those are awesome and I love the message included! I'd love to get one but know the reality of the stars aligning so that we cross paths at the right moment are slim. I hope they get to the right people.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Those are awesome and I love the message included! I'd love to get one but know the reality of the stars aligning so that we cross paths at the right moment are slim. I hope they get to the right people.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks!
We will be in line for autographs at specific times on Thursday and Friday. Send me a PM if you want to try and find us then. With two of us in line, one of us should be able to exit the line long enough to toss one your way. We can print you an egg-tra one if you have a specific color combination you would like.

They didn't all capture well on camera, but we have multiple solid PLA colors, and a sparkle light blue ABS, and a sparkle green and pink out of PETG.

Reaction score
Jjawa3, & Lord Bacon, send me a PM like I posted before, and I'll set aside one for you in whatever colors you like and let you know some places my son and I will be at. :grin:

Reaction score
Awesome stuff Mike_Z and vpkirk. Hope I run into both of you to trade!
Thanks! Likewise... I'll be spending a lot of time in W474 at the Collecting Track Panels.

Alright... Last piece of Celebration swag. B)

(100) 1.25" buttons in the soft matte finish... My wife will be handing these out. Watch out for that lightsaber, Porg.

Reaction score
VPKirk, I hope you got the message, If possible could I get a neon green R2D2? The Porg pins are cute! hope to get one of those! I love Porgs.

Reaction score
Thanks! Likewise... I'll be spending a lot of time in W474 at the Collecting Track Panels.

Alright... Last piece of Celebration swag. B)

(100) 1.25" buttons in the soft matte finish... My wife will be handing these out. Watch out for that lightsaber, Porg.
You and your wife have awesome stuff! :grin:

Reaction score
VPKirk, I hope you got the message, If possible could I get a neon green R2D2? The Porg pins are cute! hope to get one of those! I love Porgs.
I’ll print a specific one for you. So the light green solid droid, not sparkle?
how about the Egg color? I was pairing it mostly with darker green, but what do you like?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mark Huber, Mark Salotti and I. Will be handing out some coins (bucket coins anyone??)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/potfcoins/permalink/2377802092264458/

***WARNING*** ***MUST READ***
For those attending Celebration Chicago, I received word from an anonymous source that there will be "Bucket Coins" at the show.
Our portable coin scales will be useless because they weigh the same as a vintage coin (4.4 grams). As far as I can tell, they were produced by Osborne Coins so they have that vintage look that will lure us in.
My source has identified three well known coin collectors who are behind these "Bucket Coins". If you want to prevent owning one of them, avoid Deon Pilkington and Mark Salotti at all costs. They will slip you a Bucket Coin even during an innocent swag transaction.
As for the third collector behind all of this? I have to confess... the third collector is ME!! �� Muhahaha!!!
Trust no one. You have been warned.

Reaction score
So whats the deal with those coins? Just something you guys just giving away as swag for fun?

Reaction score
Mark Huber, Mark Salotti and I. Will be handing out some coins (bucket coins anyone??)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/potfcoins/permalink/2377802092264458/

***WARNING*** ***MUST READ***
For those attending Celebration Chicago, I received word from an anonymous source that there will be "Bucket Coins" at the show.
Our portable coin scales will be useless because they weigh the same as a vintage coin (4.4 grams). As far as I can tell, they were produced by Osborne Coins so they have that vintage look that will lure us in.
My source has identified three well known coin collectors who are behind these "Bucket Coins". If you want to prevent owning one of them, avoid Deon Pilkington and Mark Salotti at all costs. They will slip you a Bucket Coin even during an innocent swag transaction.
As for the third collector behind all of this? I have to confess... the third collector is ME!! �� Muhahaha!!!
Trust no one. You have been warned.

Well played sirs! I will be vigilant