Celebration Chicago: Photo-Ops

Reaction score
Can Official Pix put in a bid for the Cele. job? I heard on the way to the airport at the last one in Orlando, that Disney picked Tops because it was cheaper, well it seems like Tops was a disaster at Orlando! I did not purchase any autographs. I hope Official Pix has a chance to compete for the job this time! excellent service!

Reaction score
Can Official Pix put in a bid for the Cele. job? I heard on the way to the airport at the last one in Orlando, that Disney picked Tops because it was cheaper, well it seems like Tops was a disaster at Orlando! I did not purchase any autographs. I hope Official Pix has a chance to compete for the job this time! excellent service!
I was told recently by someone at Official Pix that they were offered the job for Celebration Orlando, but they turned it down. If I had to guess why, it was because Anne Neumann is full time at Rancho Obi-Wan, and she seemed to do the lion's share of all the work with the volunteers/crew in the autograph area. I would love to see them have it again (they did an amazing job), but I don't think we will ever see that again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe Reed handles the bidding on the different venues. TOPPS has the rights to reproduce and sell the photos, OPIX does not any more. TOPPS paid a LOT more for that than OPIC ever did in the past. I'm not sure how it would work with OPIX running the auto section and having to use TOPPS photos. I really think they come hand in hand. OPIX had Tracy take over running the auto sections the last couple of times OPIX was running the auto section and did just fine so it has nothing to do with Anne. OPIX did give TOPPS advice on how to operate and TOPPS ignored all that advice. I also hear some TOPPS staff were fired because of of the fiasco.

I was told recently by someone at Official Pix that they were offered the job for Celebration Orlando, but they turned it down. If I had to guess why, it was because Anne Neumann is full time at Rancho Obi-Wan, and she seemed to do the lion's share of all the work with the volunteers/crew in the autograph area. I would love to see them have it again (they did an amazing job), but I don't think we will ever see that again.

Reaction score
Topps contracted Epic Photo Ops for Orlando 2017. They couldn't handle the autograph section I would hate to see them try to do the photo ops as well. Epic was well organized and ran very smoothly. They did take a lot of abuse due to Topss failure though.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's always funny to read all the different rumors that surround certain decisions and to see how bits and pieces of facts make their way onto the internet. Just so everyone is on the same page and not wondering or speculating...

We were asked to produce the Autograph Hall for the last several Celebrations (since Anaheim) and declined to do so for a few reasons. Since Disney took over the Star Wars brand, it made it increasingly difficult to get things approved and the price of actually having a license to produce product jumped up in cost so much so that it literally made no financial sense to continue down that road. We did not need the license to produce the Autograph Hall at any Celebration, but overall, it certainly made it easier. We had an awesome run for about 15 years, but decided it was time to move on. This decicion had nothing to do with any of our volunteer coordination either. Volunteers were obviously a big part of our program, but the people who were managing that portion of the company were not running the entire Autograph Hall by any means. There were multiple other things going on behind the scenes and we had it down to a science between the autographs & photo ops. Lines were never going to be short for headliners, so naturally, some customers were always going to be frustrated about how much time they were going to spend waiting to meet their favorite actors, but the system we had in place worked and worked very well.

Now, we continue with business as usual at Official Pix. We still do signings with many of the same actors and have ventured into other genres conducting more than 100 signings each year. The only difference is we aren't producing licensed Star Wars photographs. Mark Hamill & Anthony Daniels are still our clients and work with us like always. We offer the official Autograph Pre-Order & Send-In Service for some of the largest pop culture events in the world along with our private signings, so Official Pix is alive and well. We're just not solely focused on Star Wars anymore.

Reaction score
I thank you for being at the Cele.s in the past! I was able to get my pictures and autographs in reasonable time and enjoyed the organization and professional work of the staff! I probably won't be getting in the lines of upcoming Cele's. because I have most of what I want and will use your send in program for any other autographs I may want! just one less line , Thanks for the explanation!

Reaction score
While attending my first Celebration in Orlando at CV, I volunteered for Official Pix. I enjoyed every minute
in working with their staff. It was definitely one of many highlights.
In terms of waiting in line for autographs. No matter how long I have to wait, I've always stated that it is
the fans with similar interest that help pass the time away. But remember, I've been collecting signatures
since the 80's and do not let the issue of the waiting game deter my love for meeting our guest.

Reaction score
Here's the link for the home page of photo op/autograph guests. Tickets purchased thru EPIC Photos Ops (Yes Autographs purchased there too.)

https://store.epicphotoops.com/star-wars-celebration-chicago/2019

Click on the guest you want and see the choices and times and prices. You'll be able to add to cart from the guest page.

Reed Pop is using the same interface as C2E2 a few weeks before. My purchase there was easy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you purchase a photo op, does that include an autograph or do you need to purchase each separately?

Reaction score
Sorry a Celebration new-by. Does anyone know how the pre-sale autograph tickets will work? I purchased a ticket, but only the day/date is specified and not the time of day. Is it just first come first served for everyone holding a ticket for that day?

Reaction score
I believe that Epic Photo Ops (the seller) uses Groups to space out their autograph sessions. It is surprising that this hasn't been listed yet. I suspect as Celebration gets closer these groupings will be known.

FYI, I am attending C2E2 in Chicago shortly before Celebration and my autograph purchase there has a specific time. And that purchase was thru Epic Photo Op as well.

Hopefully, all will be clear in time. Or there will be a logistic nightmare when everyone shows up at once for their autograph.

It is also possible that you can go anytime on that specific day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i think Von Ohlen (Topps) just mentioned this in the latest starwarsautographnews podcast. The days are broken down into groups, those groups get assigned time frame. If you are GRP-C, you have to wait until GRP-C starts lining up, BUT if you are busy, you can get in line for any other group AFTER GRP-C. same as Orlando was with Topps

Reaction score
The question now is what group will pre-orders be placed in?, since it is not mentioned during the purchase. I hope the earlier you buy the earlier group you get into.

Only time will tell if all goes smoothly.

GAT

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but I am new to the whole celebration auto/photo deal. If I purchase an autograph can I take a picture with my own camera or is the only way to have a photo taken with the professional service. I am guessing greed prevails here and you have to pay if you want a picture. Thanks

Reaction score
If you want a photo, you need to do a photo op. They’re getting pretty strict about not letting cameras at the autograph tables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's not like the old days with OPX , so best probably not even try it cause it could get you kicked out of line or the show. As it seems they are starting to get more stricter with the rules .

Reaction score
Are the photo op prices per person or per group? Do I need two tickets for me and my lady friend if we plan on being in the same picture?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are the photo op prices per person or per group? Do I need two tickets for me and my lady friend if we plan on being in the same picture?
From the info section of the Epic Photo Ops webpage:

Please select the day you wish to purchase. One Photo op ticket = photograph with the guest. Up to (4) four individuals (and any children under the age of 3) are permitted on one photo op ticket. Your ticket includes one (1) 8x10 photo. Additional photo copies and/or digital copy can be purchased at an additional cost at checkout or at Celebration.

Last edited: