Celebration Chicago: Hotels

Reaction score
Staying at the Sheraton, since that is my go to place for C2E2. Hoping something opens up at one of the connected hotels, but not holding my breath.

Reaction score
Chicago South Loop hotel, about a mile from the Convention center so not too bad of a walk if it comes to that.

Reaction score
I did an AirBNB in Chinatown. I couldn't understand what the old lady wrote in the ad cause
her English was terrible. But, the price is great !!! And what could possibly go wrong in Little China?

Reaction score
Lucked out big time with the Marriott Marquis! Just a skybridge away from the convention center itself. B)

Reaction score
Also at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. I'm old now and need walking distance to the Celebration and my room! My god...I saw A New Hope when I was 14...I'm 56 now. Holy Crap time flies!

Reaction score
Oh then to correct myself I am at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place.

Reaction score
After the horrible debacle of attempting on day #1 on the ReedPop Celebration site to land a hotel through onPeak at the convention center.....I didn't get what I wanted and have been checking the site regularly hoping for a damn miracle! It's hard to cosplay and go back and forth when your hotel is 3 miles away. I'm a little irritated that Celebration is even at McCormick place because of the hotel situation. They hotels are VERY expensive and only a handful are close enough to walk to/from. Not impressed. Anyway, we'll be at the Wyndham Riverfront which is still 3 miles out so hopefully they'll announce shuttles soon. If not, we will be getting to know Lyft and Uber very well.

Reaction score
Anyone down to split a room? I only need Friday and Saturday to stay in. I’ll be camping out Thursday for Friday for the movie panel.

Reaction score
Anyone need a roomie? I’m looking for a room to split preferably one at the convention center if possible. Any help or leads would be awesome and thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot but my roomie just bailed on me. Anyone still looking for a room? I wasn't able to get all the nights at the onpeak rate so it's $795 for Wednesday to Tuesday at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront.

Reaction score
All of you are lucky to be so close! I'm at Palmer House abt. 2 miles away, and like Jedieddy, I'm a Force ghost, saw Star Wars when I was a sophomore in college. Am I getting too old for this? When is the Star Wars 50th anniv.?(or will there be one?)

Reaction score
Glad I'm not alone(I deal with the ghosts!) I will arrive Tues, wearing my Tatooine traders hoodie. I hope I'm not too out of place for the Palmer House!

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, to know if it's truly well connected (by a bridge or any such thing) to where Celebration will be? Now that maps are published and the picture is coming clearer, I'm beginning to think that the Hyatt Regency isn't that well connected to the con. The Marriott seems better. And will any of these connecting bridges even be of use? Or will the con keep them closed in the mornings to make everyone enter from outside the building?

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, to know if it's truly well connected (by a bridge or any such thing) to where Celebration will be? Now that maps are published and the picture is coming clearer, I'm beginning to think that the Hyatt Regency isn't that well connected to the con. The Marriott seems better. And will any of these connecting bridges even be of use? Or will the con keep them closed in the mornings to make everyone enter from outside the building?
That will be a disaster if they keep them closed. They only had 1 entrance in Orlando and it took several hours for the queue to go through. If this one is really, truly sold out like they claim, they better have every entrance available for people to enter.

Reaction score
They may keep the skywalks closed due to the security check area .they may want only one security entrance and that could be at ground level. here comes a bottleneck and possible traffic jam unless there's room for everyone to stand outside the building.

Reaction score
That will be a disaster if they keep them closed. They only had 1 entrance in Orlando and it took several hours for the queue to go through. If this one is really, truly sold out like they claim, they better have every entrance available for people to enter.
Good point.

Reaction score
I had a bank error in my favor, had reservations for the Marriot Marquis from 4/12 - 4/15. Checked my reservation today and it's now check-in on 4/11 - 4/15. We won't have to change hotels now, yeah!

Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time that skybridges were renderred useless at one of these things. I always look to stay in the connected hotel, and it rarely works out. More often that not nowadays, the bridges are closed for whatever reason of the day (or none) is offered. And, that's especially true in the morning, when it matters most to me. Sometimes they'll only open them after the entry rush, depending on the venue. And no one ever offers any info on what to expect in time to decide whether or not to blow money on a connected hotel that's actually more steps from the entrance than other options. So, I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who's been to this place who can say what it's like.

Reaction score
According to the email I just received answering some of the questions VIPs posed to the concierge, the walkway from the Marriot into Wintrust will be closed and the only entrance to Wintrust will be the Southwest Entrance. Didn't say anything about any other walkways.

Last edited:
Reaction score
According to the email I just received answering some of the questions VIPs posed to the concierge, the walkway from the Marriot into Wintrust will be closed and the only entrance to Wintrust will be the Southwest Entrance. Didn't say anything about any other walkways.
That's disappointing but I understand. However, things could change, only if Reed Pop looks at the potential weather next week. 40-50 degrees F with rain/snow mix. Keep in mind, the weather prediction isn't always accurate here in Chicago one week out. Let's pray it improves.

Reaction score
I spoke to Wintrust yesterday and they said the walkway between the hotel and arena would be used as a way to the arena, I said,"really and there will be a security check point there?" they said yes, due to the large volume of fans attending. I wonder how they will do it?