Celebration Chicago: Guests

Reaction score
This celebration definitely seems to be a weaker line up of guests compared to Orlando last time. Wish I hand't missed that one, but the auto area sounded like a cluster anyway, so maybe missing that stress is good. Whitaker being added is awesome though. I got Hugh years ago, so I was hoping for someone else bigger for a TPM signer. I had my hopes up for Alden, Luna, Felicity and even Emilia or Gwendolyn Christie (but know they're busy with GOT press). Seems like Topps pissed off some OT signers like Daniels and Hamill, and they can't get some of the bigger names this time around except for Whitaker and Bettany. It's hard for me to consider Riz, Best, Park and some of the others to be big names. Bill Dee and McDiarmid are good bigger guests for those who are new to cons and yet fans of the OT. For those of us who have been to several celebrations I feel the line up is lackluster.
Well, gives me more time for other stuff instead of the auto hall and saves me $. If they had more bigger names I'm the kind of auto collector that will drop $150-250 for them easily. If they had scored someone really interesting like Ewan or Liam I'd drop $300 happily. Some people on theforce.net were saying that if Hamill comes he would be $300+. Dang, that's a bit crazy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great lineup of additional guest announcements this week. Meeting Forest Whitaker was a highlight of the last Celebration for me! Also excited to see Hugh Quarshie. I believe this will be his first Celebration.
Forest is a great guy and awesome signer he even did quotes! I won’t be getting him again but glad to see he’s returning. I was hoping for Hugh Quarshie so that’s a great addition. Other than that I may get a few others but glad to avoid hour plus wait times for bigger signers. Although it does say something if Topps and Disney can’t pull in big names they never will. I’m sure Mark is skipping this celebration due to TLJ backlash which I don’t blame him for.

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I think Katee Sakhoff is an odd option for a Star Wars convention. I love Katee Sakhoff but I don't associate her with Star Wars. Her character was minor and only in a few episodes of the show that Disney clearly wanted nothing to do with. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It does open the speculation that with the new Clone Wars episodes on the horizon, her character will be playing a substantial role in that as well as the potentiality of her playing a role in the Mandalorian show as well. Either of which I would be happy for. If I were to get an autograph from her I would still want her to sign a picture from BSG not Star Wars.[/FONT]

Reaction score
I think Katee Sakhoff is an odd option for a Star Wars convention. I love Katee Sakhoff but I don't associate her with Star Wars. Her character was minor and only in a few episodes of the show that Disney clearly wanted nothing to do with.

It does open the speculation that with the new Clone Wars episodes on the horizon, her character will be playing a substantial role in that as well as the potentiality of her playing a role in the Mandalorian show as well. Either of which I would be happy for. If I were to get an autograph from her I would still want her to sign a picture from BSG not Star Wars.
Yea, it does look like her character will play a key role in the upcoming CW season. Her character was also in Rebels for a couple of episodes.

GAT

Reaction score
Opinion question: do you get your autographs personalized or not? Just curious where people fall on this.

Reaction score
Opinion question: do you get your autographs personalized or not? Just curious where people fall on this.
Personalized, since I don't get them to sell later on.

If it's a multi-sig pic, I may do sig only, if there is not enough room for everyone to personalize.

Reaction score
Personalized... I collect the autographs for me and I like it as a way of showing others that I did indeed meet them... only person so far who wouldn't personalize was Peter Mayhew.

Reaction score
Looks like Billy Dee Williams auto was cancelled for Friday. So if you bought him for Friday you need to check out what you can do .

Reaction score
So, Hayden Christensen is the last autographing guest announcement. I couldn't get auto tickets last Celebration, so I hope for the best here. TheForce.Net forums are saying he is $199. Same for Photo Ops.

That's higher than I thought he would be. I haven't bought any other auto tickets after my Clone Wars guests, Joonas, Erin Kellyman and Jason Isaacs. If I can get Hayden, then I won't be buying any other ones.

Lam

Reaction score
Interesting. Any word on how much he will charge? Also, it says "stop by for a selfie"? Does he charge for that or a quick pic?

Reaction score
Interesting. Any word on how much he will charge? Also, it says "stop by for a selfie"? Does he charge for that or a quick pic?
Good , I love the idea that a Actor stands up to this craziness of these high prices and photos. I really miss the old days when you could talk and get photos with an actor without them saying no. I understand when they have lines but if the actor sitting bored its nice for them to pass time with the fans.

Lam

Reaction score
Excellent! Yes, it seems to imply that you're really paying for a meet and greet, so autographs and photos would be a part of it (although I'm sure he'd limit autographs to a single one per person). I'm also glad that he's taking this out of the whole autograph/photo op scheme. Interested to see how this will go.

Reaction score
Anthony Daniels was at a previous C2E2, not this years. But $45 sure is a lot more attractive than the current cost of autos.

Here's my pic w/Anthony at C2E2 in 2012.

Lam

Reaction score
Prices have really gone crazy lately. I did a photo op with Mark and Carrie in Anaheim, just 4 years ago, and the price for both of them combined was only $232.47.

Reaction score
Heard from the SWAU on Facebook that the Daniels autograph sessions were being handled by OPix. Don't know if Chris can confirm/deny that, but it does give me optimism that things will run smoothly.

Reaction score
Heard from the SWAU on Facebook that the Daniels autograph sessions were being handled by OPix. Don't know if Chris can confirm/deny that, but it does give me optimism that things will run smoothly.
Thanks for the info. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Reaction score
Are we allowed to offer anything to a signing actor to keep?

Reaction score
Are we allowed to offer anything to a signing actor to keep?
It depends on the actor. I've never been told no. They are usually very gracious and will take whatever you offer. Who knows what they do with it but they usually take it. I always ask the actor directly if I can give them something first and they always say yes. I gave Felicity Jones her favorite snacks from the UK last celebration and the smile and thank you I got from her was worth the cost of the autographs.

www.heroministries.org

"to me, she's royalty."

Reaction score
It depends on the actor. I've never been told no. They are usually very gracious and will take whatever you offer. Who knows what they do with it but they usually take it. I always ask the actor directly if I can give them something first and they always say yes. I gave Felicity Jones her favorite snacks from the UK last celebration and the smile and thank you I got from her was worth the cost of the autographs.
Nice, thank you for the information.

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a good reliable metallic silver market for photo autographs? Thanks!

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for a good reliable metallic silver market for photo autographs? Thanks!
I like the broad point DecoColor paint pens. Will have to prep the pen beforehand, but I've always had good results.