Celebration Chicago: Guests

Reaction score
I remember getting my batch of autographs at Cele. 2 too, but I was so tired of waiting in "other" lines, I pre- paid for mine and picked them up later.

Reaction score
With the Pixar connection, my son is excited to get an autograph by John Ratzenberger :)

Reaction score
With Episode 9 wrapped there's no excuse for them to not have the main sequel cast now. Less than 2 months away now and still no heavy hitters.

Reaction score
I though I read Driver was already lined up for a busy project. I saw yesterday, that someone posted Daisy has that weekend planned for some big party or event other than SWC .......... we shall see. :(

Reaction score
They may pop in for the Episode IX panel, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any Sequel Trilogy A-listers signing autographs (other than Mark Hamill, if he attends).

Reaction score
Topps have said Disney won't let the new ST cast (legacy cast/characters are exempt) or cast of the upcoming Mandalorian sign. No idea why but definitely fits with the pattern of recent Celebrations.

Reaction score
Topps have said Disney won't let the new ST cast (legacy cast/characters are exempt) or cast of the upcoming Mandalorian sign. No idea why but definitely fits with the pattern of recent Celebrations.
they were there for CVII. Not sure why it stopped. You’d figure since it’s the last episode they would.

Reaction score
Maybe Disney thinks some "classified info" may slip or the cast members would be "overcome" by fans with questions about the upcoming movies-events? or they may want to wait til the movies reviews come in? or maybe it's just a money thing? Things did change when Disney took over. not all is good.

Reaction score
They are Legacy actors. They are exempt. It means John, Daisy, Oscar, Adam etc. are off limits according to the interview with the Topps guy. (Also anyone from the mandalorian show is off limits as well).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, can someone who knows, share why some of the actors are not allowed to sign? I'm just interested in where that info came from and what was stated about it. Thanks!

Reaction score
Its a shame Disney is doing that, these actors could be making a little extra cash for first time signings while its still hot and not after its all said and done. Kinda makes me miss the old days .

Reaction score
So all the guests have been announced, right?
Mark from Topps said he would "love to have 55" guests. That is just an estimate but, we are at 44 announced currently. Likely 5-10 more.

My guess is we see more episode 1 cast. Its the 20th anniversary of TPM and Hayden had such a warm welcome last time...

Reaction score
Ya, the point was the prequel backlash has subsided. If Hayden was shown so much love maybe others from ep 1 who have been the focus of fan backlash could show...at the very least for the 20th anniversary panel if not as auto/photo guests.

Edit: we also haven't seen many solo cast members. They are a good possibility to still be revealed too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope we get a few more first-time signers or big names. As it stands, I'm not prioritizing the autograph hall.

Reaction score
I hope we get a few more first-time signers or big names. As it stands, I'm not prioritizing the autograph hall.
Same. At least hint that someone big will be there. With the pricing and sparse variety of names this will be the last place I hit. In years past this was the first. Sad.

Reaction score
I’m actually pleased there are no autographs I need so far. I spent far too long getting autographs at a past Celebration and I’m sure I’ll already be in line for panels and such. :p

Reaction score
Even if they add 10 more signers I don't think this will be a good event for autographs. Hopefully, Lawson, F. Whitaker and Hayden will be back. Who could they (realistically) add that would save this event?

Reaction score
Even if they add 10 more signers I don't think this will be a good event for autographs. Hopefully, Lawson, F. Whitaker and Hayden will be back. Who could they (realistically) add that would save this event?
Since they’re hyping TPM 20th anniversary I’m really surprised there’s barely any signers. Even if they don’t get the main crew there were so many great minor characters that would be fun to have sign. Such a shame.

Reaction score
It's already been announced that Oscar Issacs (Poe) will be at Celebration. I doubt he will be signing.... but that would. Be nice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The latest guest update from the Star Wars Show today: Paul Bettany, Riz Ahmed, and Hermione Corfield (Tallie Lintra in The Last Jedi).

Really excited to have Bettany attending!

Reaction score
I'm happy Bettany is coming. I was really hoping that Emilia would show up. I'd love to get her graph on a few Qira pieces. I'll get Tallie also.
Personally tho, I'm dying to see the trailer for Episode 9!!!!

Reaction score
If I get a bunch of autograph tickets for Thursday and I can't get their autograph that day, can I get them any other day they are there?

Reaction score
If I get a bunch of autograph tickets for Thursday and I can't get their autograph that day, can I get them any other day they are there?
You'll need to go to talk to someone at Topps. If they are scanning tickets via the QR code, a Thursday ticket won't work any other day.

Reaction score
Great lineup of additional guest announcements this week. Meeting Forest Whitaker was a highlight of the last Celebration for me! Also excited to see Hugh Quarshie. I believe this will be his first Celebration.