Celebration Chicago: Guests

Reaction score
Chewy isnt going to be killed off. Disney needs to preserve traditional characters that cant grow old. Chewy is an alien and can be played by a new actor for generations. With the end of Han and Leia and Luke, I think you'll see Chewy remain the link and become the sidekick to Rey

Reaction score
If they are still filming episode 9 , there is a good chance some actors won't make it to chicago ..

Reaction score
Chewy isnt going to be killed off. Disney needs to preserve traditional characters that cant grow old. Chewy is an alien and can be played by a new actor for generations. With the end of Han and Leia and Luke, I think you'll see Chewy remain the link and become the sidekick to Rey
Rey's story ends in e9.

Reaction score
If they are still filming episode 9 , there is a good chance some actors won't make it to chicago ..
Principal photography should be wrapping up very soon (it's been happening since August 1). I would count on a good portion of the cast being there for the Episode IX panel.

Reaction score
Principal photography should be wrapping up very soon (it's been happening since August 1). I would count on a good portion of the cast being there for the Episode IX panel.
I was talking to Mike Quin he said they still in Principal right now , then you got some reshoots if needed. So we won't really know til closer to the show.

Reaction score
Why are people discussing potential spoilers in the 'Celebration: Guests' thread?

Reaction score
New guests just announced. Some new signers that have never been at previous Celebrations!

Reaction score
This is the first time for Jett Lucas , so it's kinda start to look interesting. Kinda can't wait to see who else will be there.

Reaction score
Still nothing great to speak about with guests and only 2 months away. Reedpop did this with NY ComicCon last year and screwed it up for people like me when they added Mark Ruffalo last minute. I had to beg for a ticket on the day he was there and changed my schedule. I'm into the photo ops and autographs for key actors so not anything I am seeing is making me want to go. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Where are the key guests? Autos? Photo Ops?...

Still not any guests that make me want to go, I'm mostly interested in photo ops and autographs with key actors from the movies. Reedpop did the same thing at NY ComicCon last year not booking key guests until last minute like Mark Ruffalo. I had to call and twist some arms to get them to add a Friday ticket for me that was already sold out. Same thing with Jason Momoa, they changed his appearance day last minute. Not a fan of Reedpop and looks like a similar story for Celebration. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Every company does things different and sometimes the guest cancels or has a schedule change last minute. Like most i miss OPX doing the autogragh hall but Reed and Topps took over so we have to roll with the punches and except it for now.

Reaction score
Hi,
i am not able to attend but is there a pre book signing session at the celebration event and is someone willing to queue to get the actors signature for me ? We can discuss the details.

Thanks

Reaction score
I know OPX use to do send in if you wasn't able to come , but I don't know how Topps ( Reed ) does it . But like darthbadlylox pointed out there may be some willing to do it depends on the cost and what rules they give us this time.

Reaction score
Topps did not do send ins for 2017. They also had limited on site prints to chose from if you did not have something of your own. personally, i like bringing what I want signed vs their choices.

Reaction score
Last Celebration I went to was Anaheim. Man, really bummed that OP isn't handling autos anymore. So far the guest line up is a bit weak, but I'm hoping they announce some bigger names or signers who haven't gone before. I've been to 3 celebrations, 5 SDCCs, 2 NYCCs, Dallas Fan Days (SW, back in like 2009 or so) and also other cons like Wondercon. So, I'm mainly hoping for actors from Rogue One, Solo and the new trilogy. But, with how Reedpop and Topps sound like they handle things, this is probably my last celebration. If they don't add anyone bigger like Donald Glover (fingers crossed), Alden, Ridley, Haden C, then I actually might sell my pass. I know when I went to Anaheim I was pretty surprised with how big it's gotten and how long the lines are for autos. I got Hamill years ago at Wondercon, waited about 30 min and paid $90. Plus got a picture with him at the same time. He was super pleasant. Met Fisher at SDCC back in 2005 and again, waited like 30 min, paid $60 and she also posed for a pic with me (plus a hug!). Man, I miss those days of cheaper autos and short lines!
Even though Anaheim was insane, Official Pix handled it as well as I think anyone could.
My top wants (I know this is unrealistic, but I'm not missing very many): Glover, Ridley, Alden, Haden, McGregor, Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Diego Luna. I know, crazy, but maybe even just two of these? And ofcourse, total pipe dream, Ford and Lucas. I got Frank Oz and James Earl Jones thanks to mail in years ago (got addresses off Wattographs mail database). Wish they would do public signings.

OP just announced a private signing with Alden, so maybe he would do Celebration?!
Does Topps do the same thing that OP did where you can pay for a auto, but pick it up later instead of waiting in line for in person?

Reaction score
nope. you pre-buy tickets online to wait in line, or buy tickets at the site to wait in line.

Reaction score
Another lackluster round of voice actors and frequent con-goers. The only one I’m excited for is michael pennington as he doesn’t do a lot of US shows. Are kids into autographs? Why so many Rebels and Resistance voice actors? Give us people who were in the films ffs.

Reaction score
Calm down. As per usual, the Celebration "regulars" and voiceover actors are announced first. We'll get more top tier talent announced as we get close to April.

Reaction score
I'm thrilled to finally get some of these smaller names on photos I've holding on to for a while. I missed the Clone Wars cast back at Celebration V and it took this long to get another chance. I still need Matt Lanter on things though.

Even if I don't get many headliner autographs, I'm happy to get a bunch of the smaller names instead.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to finally get some of these smaller names on photos I've holding on to for a while. I missed the Clone Wars cast back at Celebration V and it took this long to get another chance. I still need Matt Lanter on things though.

Even if I don't get many headliner autographs, I'm happy to get a bunch of the smaller names instead.
Yea, it looks like this is going to be a good year for Clone Wars autographed pieces. Hoping for Matt Lanter as well.

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. James Arnold Taylor and Donald Faison will be at C2E2 at McCormick Place a few weeks before Celebration.

JAT price is lower ($35 Phot/$25 Auto/$15 Selfie/$50 Audio Fee)

Donald Faison is essentially the same, except photo which is higher ($60 Photo/$50 Auto)

Reaction score
Wow $40 is the lowest price for no name voice actors you’ve gotta be kidding me. Orli Shoshan, Jett Lucas, Greg Proops at $50?? The greed knows no end. Bring back OPX. I will be VERY selective this year on autographs easily obtained on the second hand market for half this.

Reaction score
Artists and Vendors are rejoicing at these prices!
The money in the room will shift from autos to other areas
Topps greed has gotten out of control

Reaction score
These prices are pretty close to prior years and other shows. People pay it, they charge it.

Artists and Vendors are rejoicing at these prices!
The money in the room will shift from autos to other areas
Topps greed has gotten out of control

Reaction score
I agree with Ross, the prices seem pretty normal. Here is last time (auto/photo/both pricing):
With how fast tickets sold out this year, and it being in chicago, I expect everything to cost more in general.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love Official Pix and they did run things smoother. But remember, Disney is the one who set the price for the photo licensing. Topps paid alot for it, so the prices are gonna be higher. I miss the days of cheap celebration stuff too.

Reaction score
Last time the cheapest was $25/30 so you’re telling me in 2 years there was a 30% increase in the value of these signers? I don’t think so. They will see when the tables are empty.

Reaction score
Very few celebrities are there for more than two days and many of the attendees are newbies. They will pay because they don't know any better and because time is limited.

Reaction score
Yep, these are definitely more expensive than Celebrations past. I remember when voice actors/second tier characters were no more than $30 apiece.

These prices are nuts, and they haven't announced any real heavy hitters yet!

Reaction score
The best for me was Celebration II - $120 for any 10 autographs (I ended up getting 30 - this was my first time getting Star Wars autographs, so I didn't have anyone yet). So, for $12 each, I got 2 Billy Dee Williams, 3 Carrie Fisher, and 25 other actors/actresses to form the foundation of my collection.