Celebration Chicago: Guests

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Other than Hosts David Collins & Amy Ratcliffe, there are no guests to discuss yet, but that doesn't mean you can't start speculating! Who would you like to see in Chicago?

Reaction score
I am really hoping with the 20th anniversary of Phantom Menace that we finally get an appearance by Portman, McGregor, and Neeson. I don't think any of them would sign (maybe McGregor), but I would love to see them for a panel.

Reaction score
Would love to see some Rogue One & SOLO cast.

Emilia Clarke & Donnie Yen would be awesome!

Reaction score
Rogue One cast would be awesome. Out of that cast I would like to meet Mads Mikkelsen and Ben Mendelsohn the most. I liked Mads in King Arthur.

This year definitely going to make it a point in meeting Hamill and to get his signature.

Reaction score
Hoping for some of the European actors to be at celebration.
Would love to see Gerald Home, Alan Harris, Cathy Munroe, Chris Parsons,
Rusty Goffe, Andy Herd, all of Jabbas court in ROTJ. It's sad that the Lexington comic con
had better ROTJ guests than Celebration does.

Reaction score
Hoping for some of the European actors to be at celebration.
Would love to see Gerald Home, Alan Harris, Cathy Munroe, Chris Parsons,
Rusty Goffe, Andy Herd, all of Jabbas court in ROTJ. It's sad that the Lexington comic con
had better ROTJ guests than Celebration does.
Seems like it wouldn't be financially viable to have "lesser" names travel far.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not officially announced but based on the release date of Making Solo (16th April), the book will be available ahead of release for the signings at Celebration.

Reaction score
Financially viable? These guys are making huge sums of money. They can bring in these guests and make a nice profit. I would also like to see Dennis Lawson, and Hayden Christianson again. How about we also have all the X-wing pilots in for an X-wing reunion !
A Return of the Jedi "Jabba's Palace" reunion If Lexington Comic con can make it financially viable Reed pop can too.

Reaction score
Omg. Now having fantasies about a possible solo cast signing.
Oh oh.... now fantasizing about Topps sub contracting Official Pics to handle Celebration!!!

Reaction score
We see how these guys will screw this one up , like they did the last Celebration. And we see how the photo ops will go too. I really miss OPX at the Celebrations alot more fun and better organized.

Reaction score
FanthaTracks posted a video from NYCC with the Topps gang. they talked about their plans for SWCC

Reaction score
First off I will say as far as photo ops, they better get their Sh&% together as Orlando was a frickin mess from the time they opened the doors. By the last day, they seemed to have gotten it under control, but there was NO EXCUSE for this to ever have been like this. It was like they had no prior knowledge of how this should go. Unforgiveable.

That being said, I would love to see a panel and photo ops with Solo cast members like Emilia, Donald and Alden. Any new blood is good! I love all of our veterans and I've seen them many many times, but it's always nice to add someone who you were surprised to see. Last time it was Hayden and we jumped right on that. It may be a far off fantasy the possibility of seeing Ewan would be a dream come true. A dual photo op with Ewan and Hayden...Utopia! Anyway, with Solo having come out recently and the anniversary of TPM, we are really hoping for some exciting announcements!

Reaction score
I wonder if they are going to sell the autograph tickets online again at the site. And I agree with PrincessOrgana with them pre sold tickets and having everything out by time they should of had there sh#% in order. But who knows what this year will bring, hopefully not another headache.

Reaction score
I wonder if they are going to sell the autograph tickets online again at the site. And I agree with PrincessOrgana with them pre sold tickets and having everything out by time they should of had there sh#% in order. But who knows what this year will bring, hopefully not another headache.
There’s no reason we should have to stand in a line to pickup said tickets. So many other smaller conventions use mobile tickets on your phone with barcodes. Time for them to get with the times and eliminate at least one line to stand in.

Reaction score
I agree with you Epsilonjedi, you would think but we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just did add to the conversation by pointing out your year after year negativity. It's not a personal attack, like I said, relax.

No need to resort to personal attacks if you don’t have anything to add to the conversation.

Reaction score
I just looked into Empire Con and it reminds me of the old conventions I used to attend in '77 and later! it really sounds like fun. As for this up coming Cele. no, I don't see any outstanding guests yet, I don't always support the Disneyisms , but this is Cele.! it's just good to be with fellow fans and the genre. I don't personally know ANYONE from past Cele's. but I recognize their faces and costumes,(even if they are dressed as different characters,) there is an aura of familiarity from all the fans that makes one feel like you know everyone! I would like to get to know people, but I'm a Force-ghost most of the time-watching.

Reaction score
I just looked into Empire Con and it reminds me of the old conventions I used to attend in '77 and later! it really sounds like fun. As for this up coming Cele. no, I don't see any outstanding guests yet, I don't always support the Disneyisms , but this is Cele.! it's just good to be with fellow fans and the genre. I don't personally know ANYONE from past Cele's. but I recognize their faces and costumes,(even if they are dressed as different characters,) there is an aura of familiarity from all the fans that makes one feel like you know everyone! I would like to get to know people, but I'm a Force-ghost most of the time-watching.
Same here.
I enjoy meeting other fans who are having a blast at ANY convention, regardless of actor appearances, the logistics of line
difficulty or whatever. I, too, have attended numerous of cons since 1977 and they were small in comparison to Celebration.
I've loved them all!

Reaction score
I'm relieved to see JAT signing again. I missed the opportunity at Celebration V (my 1st Celebration) and am way behind on having him sign things.

Reaction score
New guests announced today:
Joonas Suotamo
Sam Witwer
Greg Grunberg
Greg Proops
Dave Chapman
Ian McElhinney
Orli Shoshan
Paul Kasey

Reaction score
That next batch of guests cover a bunch of areas in the SW universe. I may have to get graphs from a bunch of smaller names.

Reaction score
I'm glad to see Joonas Suotamo will be there!
The new Chewbacca (although he isn't hugely famous) is a main Character that will continue to reprise his role for years!
And he's been in 3 Star Wars movie already.

Reaction score
Chewy dies in episode 9. :(

I'm glad to see Joonas Suotamo will be there!
The new Chewbacca (although he isn't hugely famous) is a main Character that will continue to reprise his role for years!
And he's been in 3 Star Wars movie already.