Celebration Chicago: Exclusives

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There are typically a bunch of exclusive products to hunt down at these events and Chicago will be no different. Be on the lookout for exclusive action figures, LEGO sets, books, magazines, comics, trading cards, photos, posters and more!

Reaction score
I already preorders my shirt, pin, lanyard and patch with my ticket order.

Hopefully we see some good exclusives as well!

Reaction score
Be interesting to see what Lego comes up with this time around. While the raffle is not too bad of an idea as it saves on early/late camping out and then rampaging across the exhibits floor in a mad rush to find the proper queue line. That being said I did not get picked for it last Celebration and hope my luck changes this time around.

Reaction score
I did the preorder on the program guide and the patch. I wonder if hasbro will be back , haven't heard much and we are just months away.

Reaction score
I would expect all the usual suspects at Celebration. I hope Disney has a booth like they did at Orlando. They didn't have any merchandise at Anaheim which was strange.

Reaction score
Probably cause In Anaheim we was right at the front door to Disneyland and they figure with nothing at the show it would bring more to the park and downtown Disney. But there is a distance from the parks from the convention center in Orlando, so they didn't want to loose any possible sales from what I can gather.

Reaction score
Probably cause In Anaheim we was right at the front door to Disneyland and they figure with nothing at the show it would bring more to the park and downtown Disney. But there is a distance from the parks from the convention center in Orlando, so they didn't want to loose any possible sales from what I can gather.
The distance to OCCC to Disney property (with no traffic on I-4) is super close, about 10 miles. Disney has had some awesome pins in the past and hope to see them in Chicago.

Reaction score
The distance to OCCC to Disney property (with no traffic on I-4) is super close, about 10 miles. Disney has had some awesome pins in the past and hope to see them in Chicago.
Speaking of pins. The 'SW 30th Anniver. Commemorative Set' is by far one of my favorite pin collections
from CV in Orlando. TESB lanyard and eight pins.

Reaction score
Correct , but alot of people stayed near the convention center didn't even think of, or couldn't afford to go to Disney after the Celebration. So you figure Disney wasn't going to take a chance to miss those lost possible sales without trying.. There was a lot of cool pins from that last celebration, I was only able to get a few, but I would really like to see some at this celebration also..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Correct , but alot of people stayed near the convention center didn't even think of, or couldn't afford to go to Disney after the Celebration. So you figure Disney wasn't going to take a chance to miss those lost possible sales without trying.. There was a lot of cool pins from that last celebration, I was only able to get a few, but I would really like to see some at this celebration also..
Still, makes me wonder why they didn't have merchandise at Celebration Anaheim.

gac

Reaction score
Anyone going to Celebration Chicago willing to pick up any Hasbro Black Series Exclusivesfor me? First year not going taking the wife for our 25th wedding anniversary to Greece during that time! PM me if interested in helping out, thanks.

Reaction score
Anyone going to Celebration Chicago willing to pick up any Hasbro Black Series Exclusivesfor me? First year not going taking the wife for our 25th wedding anniversary to Greece during that time! PM me if interested in helping out, thanks.
I'd wait until you see announcements to start asking. If they do lottery or limited per day again....it might get pricey. Those ebay guys gotta make a buck or 10x extra. lol I'd offer, but ill probably be stuck in my booth crying as I cant get them either lol

Reaction score
I hear you DarthBaldylox, that last Celebration really made me mad cause of the stupid lottery . But find out half the exclusives was available in other places after the show was over.

Reaction score
Can't speak for Hasbro, but the Lego exclusive usually isn't officially revealed until days before the convention begins.

Reaction score
basicalyl it was this:
FUNKO - 3rd week march
Lego - first week april
Koto - 2nd week march
cant recall for Hasbro, Hot Wheels or Hallmark, but im sure its online some place

Reaction score
In other words , its still early and we all just have to wait but that exclusive from Game Stop looks cool .

GAT

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but this is my first celebration. How to do the exclusives work? I see people talking about long lines, lottery, etc. I am guessing there is no way to buy something ahead of time then just pick it up.

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but this is my first celebration. How to do the exclusives work? I see people talking about long lines, lottery, etc. I am guessing there is no way to buy something ahead of time then just pick it up.
1 You see something you want.
2 You ignore trying to get it at Celebration.
3 You buy it on ebay after the fact for often a small mark up and save yourself time and get to enjoy other things while there.

Reaction score
"small markup" is usually 50% or more depending on the reseller and how many folks they've paid to stand in line for them lol

GAT - it varies. funko will do an online lottery signup. Hasbro usually is FCFS, but limited buying 1-2. Hot wheels, 1 per. Hallmark, limited purchase, Lego - lottery of some sort. etc etc. so keep watching all your SWCC news outlets.

Reaction score
Based on what I was reading about Diamond/Gentle Giant at Toy Fair, it does not look like they will have an exclusive at Celebration.

Reaction score
I've been out of the Hasbro collecting game for a while, but those TPM 20th Anniversary exclusives look fantastic!

Reaction score
"small markup" is usually 50% or more depending on the reseller and how many folks they've paid to stand in line for them lol

GAT - it varies. funko will do an online lottery signup. Hasbro usually is FCFS, but limited buying 1-2. Hot wheels, 1 per. Hallmark, limited purchase, Lego - lottery of some sort. etc etc. so keep watching all your SWCC news outlets.
Or just wait for a year or so and find it cheaper.

Reaction score
I guess thats a few dollars I can add back to my wallet.
I may have spoken too soon. Someone else that spoke to Diamond/GG said that they will be at Celebration, and they were coy about having exclusives, so who knows.

Reaction score
Reed Pop's server has crashed for a 2nd time trying to get these Road to Celebration pins. This company is garbage!

Reaction score
Started trying for the pins 20 min after launch time and 40 min later I snagged a set. The site is a bit faster now than it was at the start. ReedPop should be better equipped to handle convention exclusives, since they do numerous big show conventions all the time.

Reaction score
It seems more and more stuff starting to show whats exclusive to the show. Still love to see some of the group patches and what they look like .