Celebration Chicago: Art

Reaction score
Now: Submissions of interest begin. Send to CelebrationArtShow@lucasfilm.com
August 15, 2018: Submission acceptance ends (none accepted after this date)
September 12, 2018: Artists notified whether they can advance to round two
November 2, 2018: All concepts due
December 3, 2018: Final decision on artists for Celebration 2019 Art Show
February 4, 2019: Final art due
Concepts were due yesterday. In a month we will start hearing from artists who didn't make it.
I'm hoping we get some artwork based on Saw Gererra/Two Tubes etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am hoping to see the members of the Kanjiklub Artist Group, Jerry Vanderstelt and Adrianna Vanderstelt.

Reaction score
Artist info should be coming soon possibly. Quite some artist are posting they were REJECTED for the art show. That includes:

Randy Martinez
Jamie Smell
Joe Hogan

Last edited:
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]And take a stroll through Artist Alley, which will be home to some familiar creators and new faces this year: Malcom Tween, Darren Tan, Jason Christman, Zoltan Simon, Joey Spiotto, Brian Miller, Matt Busch, Chris Trevas, Karen Hallion, Adrianna Vanderstelt, Danny Haas, Jason Palmer, Spencer Brinkerhoff, Kaela Croft, Brandon Kenney, Russel Walks, Dianne Harrop, Kayla Woodside, Alex Buechel, Cryssy Chung, Steve Anderson, Brian DeGuire, Chris Dee, Michael Pasquale, Cat Staggs, Jerry Vanderstelt, and Brian Rood.[/FONT]

Reaction score
It's nice, but I do wish the Jedi symbol wasn't there. It distracts a bit from the rest of the piece IMO, particularly since the image as a whole isn't Jedi-themed.

Reaction score
First thought of the official poster...That is really impressive. I am a big fan of the Celebration official posters and try to display them when I bring them home. This will be added to the current mix hanging in my house.

Reaction score
Poster is amazing. I don't understand the love of Phasma unless she (somehow) survived.

Reaction score
Yeah, not wrong. I wish she had better moments. Such a cool design and high hopes when first teased.
I hear rnbuda, some of the charaters we get so high hopes for and some how let down in the end. I guess it's the times or we just getting old lol.

Reaction score
I thought that was just Snokes ship she was on in the Last Jedi , didn't think they created a death star again.
Death Star 3 was was the Starkiller base planet n TFA. Then she was on Snokes ship "The Supremacy" when it mostly blew up.

Reaction score
I asked @acme archive if they could tell me when preorders would happen. Here is the reply:

"That announcement will happen sometime later this week or early next week. Still getting thing together with all of the artists that are a part of the Celebration release.

Thanks for the message"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Attending Star Wars Celebration Chicago this year?

April 11th-15th 2019 at McCormick Place

Don't miss out on the Artist Pre-Orders starting February 27th on Dark Ink!

Pre-Orders are for Attendees only and must be picked up at Celebration

Reaction score
I saw the Feb 27th date listed in the Acme Dark Ink email. Very surprised we haven't seen the art yet. Hopefully, within the next day or two we get it, so we can plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree. I like to see the art and have time to consider. (and talk my wife into more wall space...)