Celebration Anaheim: Volunteering

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A big part of what makes these shows work is the massive amount of volunteers for both Reed Pop and Official Pix. Use this thread to ask any questions you may have about volunteering or share stories of your own past experiences to help pave the way for someone just trying it out for the first time.

Reaction score
Although I didn't volunteer for Reed or OPX, I did volunteer for the 501st and it's great just helping out even for a little bit. Make you feel like you are actually helping the con run.

Reaction score
I've always wanted to volunteer, but I've always wanted to see panels, experience the convention, etc... and I feel like volunteering would keep me confined to a specific area. That's always been a thing on my mind when a convention rolls around.

Reaction score
had tons of fun volunteering for C3-C6, but don't think i'm making this celebration. but i would recommend volunteering definitely!

Reaction score
I've always wanted to volunteer, but I've always wanted to see panels, experience the convention, etc... and I feel like volunteering would keep me confined to a specific area. That's always been a thing on my mind when a convention rolls around.
Nezquick,
Volunteering isn't for everyone, but it is a great way to see another aspect of the convention. I usually have room for walk-up volunteers so you don't even have to decide ahead of time and you certainly don't need to give up the whole convention to do it :)
TK

Reaction score
I will not be recruiting volunteers until January 2015, but I am happy to answer questions about volunteering at any time!

Thanks,
Tracy

Reaction score
Tracy, already have a date? Mmm...I will be here first day in 2015 to remember you that it's January :p Anyway, had TONS of fun in CEII with Tracy & OPX team & volunteers, and will keep the fun in CVII. Count me in for sure.

Reaction score
I will not be recruiting volunteers until January 2015, but I am happy to answer questions about volunteering at any time!

Thanks,
Tracy
Haven't been to this board since CVI.

I volunteered for CV. Reed Pop and Official Tix kept me busy throughout my stay in Orlando.
But that was my decision. I went solo, thus giving me more flexibility in focusing on things I like to do.
I truly enjoyed the entire experience. I'm not into panels; received the autographs that were important to me.
I definitely would volunteer again! Especially at CVII. I'm arriving two days just to take it all in.

I would highly recommend volunteering for Reed Pop and Official Tix. Working behind the scenes was awesome!
And since I am a duo member of costuming groups, 501st Legion and Rebel Legion, I plan on doing table duty also,
as per schedule permits.B)

Reaction score
A Request for help. I'm making up a guide for a facebook group I'm a part of and one of the topics I wanted to cover was volunteering. For those who have volunteered at previous celebrations, could you let me know what organizations take volunteers (I already know of Reed and Official Pix)? Is there a process to apply? What volunteers need to do for each organization? Any advice you may have? Thanks!

Reaction score
501st & Rebel Legion take volunteers. The main requirement is to have an approved costume to join them.

Then a list is put up on the 501st/RL boards to help out at all the various things they have set up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will second/third/fourth the post of how much fun it is to work for OPIX at these celebrations.

NICK

Reaction score
I normally volunteer for the 501st Legion and the Rebel Legion.
That's enough to keep me busy.
At CV I volunteered for ReedPop and Official Pix. It was fantastic!

Reaction score
FYI- both RL and 501 volunteer signups are up, as is several other fan groups that have booths at C7

Reaction score
Had a great time volunteering for OPix at Celebration Europe II in Germany; was the first of 2 Stag Weekends with my Best Buddy/Man and we had a blast.

Will be taking my wife to Celebration Anaheim in April, and we're both hoping to help out the girls 'n' guys at OPix again - just give us the call!

Reaction score
Dang that is not good news for me, a buddy of mine got an email as well on Wednesday and he's not even going to go! I hope to hear from them soon???

Reaction score
If you are interested in volunteering and want to help Hero Ministries out we are looking for a few people. All the details can be found here.

Reaction score
Looking to experience Celebration from...a certain point of view? Come volunteer with us in the Official Pix Autograph Hall! Sign up between 2-4pm Wednesday in the registration area of Hall D or any time during the con at Volunteer HQ in the OPX Auto Hall. Volunteers receive signed photos of our attending guests and an awesome Official Pix pin! Yes, you must have a badge to volunteer :) Thanks and I hope to meet you soon. Info here :http://www.officialpix.com/c7/home.html