Celebration Anaheim: VIP Tickets

Reaction score
I don't see what's taking so long. I have cash in hand...if he wants a quick sell.
Who knows. It might not have been a delay with the money. Maybe the buyer wanted some sort of specific verification that he had the badge in hand - a picture in front of a screen showing a post on the forum, or the newspaper from that day or something.

Otherwise $900 seems like a no-negotiating, slam-dunk deal on the buyer's part to me.

Reaction score
Who knows. It might not have been a delay with the money. Maybe the buyer wanted some sort of specific verification that he had the badge in hand - a picture in front of a screen showing a post on the forum, or the newspaper from that day or something.

Otherwise $900 seems like a no-negotiating, slam-dunk deal on the buyer's part to me.
It's a hold-up on ReedPOP's end at this point. I'm not going to sell the guy a badge that ReedPOP doesn't allow him to use.

How does one go from asking $15k, to simply wanting what they paid for it?
It's a personal issue between myself and my wife. Without disparaging my soul mate, I'll just say that scalping was never my idea, or the reason I bought the ticket. She and I have come to an arrangement, and so I'm trying to get this thing out the door ASAP.

Reaction score
Is there a way to find a Jedi Master badge still? How much should we expect to pay for one if one ever comes up for sale?
(apologies if there is already a wait-list here, haven't read the entire thread and certainly not trying to get infront of anyone, if there is a wait-list of some sort please add me to it)

I just need one for the convenience at the con and not the "exclusive merchandise". Since I'm not a scalper - if I can locate a Jedi Master badge, any forum member can have my "merchandise" perks at face value (not inflated ebay prices).

Reaction score
WTB a badge after the show

Will anyone here sell me their Jedi Master or Jedi Knight badges AFTER the show has ended at $50 each? I'm trying to complete the badge set, and will be on site all day Sunday. If anyone wants to PM me, I'll pay $50 cash at the end of the show for the badge. Thanks!

Reaction score
Will anyone here sell me their Jedi Master or Jedi Knight badges AFTER the show has ended at $50 each? I'm trying to complete the badge set, and will be on site all day Sunday. If anyone wants to PM me, I'll pay $50 cash at the end of the show for the badge. Thanks!
knights settle out around $120-150, Masters around $400-500 it's crazy.. I have every badge except c6 Master

Reaction score
I'm also still looking for a CVI Master badge. I think I seen one on eBay after the con and nit another since.

Reaction score
Any Jedi Masters out there get anything in regards to the personal shopper and merchandise list?
Nope. Besides the e-mail asking about my t-shirt size back in February, I've got nothing. Beginning to feel a bit left out. Should I get worried?

Reaction score
Nope. Besides the e-mail asking about my t-shirt size back in February, I've got nothing. Beginning to feel a bit left out. Should I get worried?
It just feels like everything is so last minute this time, even with them having 2 years to prepare.

Reaction score
So, I'm noticing that instead of 10AM, the floor only opens at 11AM on Thursday, which is right after the JJ/KK panel. Does that mean they might actually have set it up where VIPs could attend the panel and yet not give up the first crack at buying exclusives on the floor right after? Anyone have any idea how this might end up working out?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, I'm noticing that instead of 10AM, the floor only opens at 11AM on Thursday, which is right after the JJ/KK panel. Does that mean they might actually have set it up where VIPs could attend the panel and yet not give up the first crack at buying exclusives on the floor right after? Anyone have any idea how this might end up working out?
Good question. The vendors will probably buy everything.

Reaction score
10 or 11 The VIPS get access 30 mins early, sadly this does not exactly translate into being allowed to purchase things form many vendors 30 mins early, but simply line up...

Reaction score
I'm curious how easy it's going to be for anyone to get into the floor on Thursday at 11am, because the area where JJ/kk will be presenting is huge, and if everyone is leaving at the same time when it gets done, it's going to take forever to get out. And if they put VIPs close to the front in their own section like in past celebrations, are they going to have to wait in the back of the crowd to get in?

Reaction score
Anyone try the starwarsinquiry@reedexpo.com e-mail address? They may, or may not, be able to answer your questions.

I don't know how they're going to handle things on Thursday, but if I had to guess, I'd say they will keep everyone in the rooms until the VIPs are able to enter the Exhibit Hall, and then they'll let everyone else in.

I DO NOT think they'll make the rest of us wait until 11:30 on Thursday, though honestly they should have either schedule the hall to open at 11:30, or the Opening Ceremonies to start at 9:30 to give that 30 minute buffer the VIPs paid for.

The other question is, what are they going to do about the people who don't go to the opening ceremonies? Are they going to get in at 11? If so those folks could get into the exhibit hall significantly earlier than many of the people that go to the opening ceremonies, which I guess is fair because you're making the choice to skip the opening ceremonies in favor of getting in a little earlier.

Reaction score
I reached out to them today on this, I will let you know what they say.

I know people who are skipping opening to get exclusives.

If "doors" open at 10am (for all) and the opening ceremonies are at 10am I am not sure how that is going to work.

Reaction score
Exhibit hall doesn't open until 11...in fact, nothing opens until 11 on Thursday except for the opening ceremony.

Reaction score
If "doors" open at 10am (for all) and the opening ceremonies are at 10am I am not sure how that is going to work.
In Orlando they lined up all the Non-VIPs in a huge room adjacent to the Exhibit Hall (at least they did at CV) and they let us into the hall from there. I would assume they'll do the same for the folks who skip the Opening Ceremony. Those people might have a somewhat better shot at the exclusives than the rest of us, but they should still arrange for the VIPs to get in first, even if it's only by 5 minutes.

Reaction score
How about the Vendors/Exhibitors that will be at the opening ceremonies as well? I'm sure they'll want to see the panel too.

Reaction score
How about the Vendors/Exhibitors that will be at the opening ceremonies as well? I'm sure they'll want to see the panel too.
What about them? Vendors can shop at the Celebration Store Wednesday night. As for the exclusives, they'll get into the exhibit hall well in advance of even the VIPs, so if they want exclusives, I'm sure they will find a way to get them without missing opening ceremonies.

Reaction score
"The Exhibit Hall Floor does not open on Thursday, until 11am. The Panel begins at 10am, so if you are planning on attending the panel, then you will not be receiving the early access that day for the Show Floor.
Additionally, they will posting on the website, how early people can begin lining up or queueing up for this panel, as it is anticipated to be a very popular panel."

I responded confirming that "So on the day where the early entry matters most? (Due to the limited amount of exclusives) the VIP will not get early access. Also since they are normally in the front of the auditorium we will be last (or at least not first) out."

Reaction score
"The Exhibit Hall Floor does not open on Thursday, until 11am. The Panel begins at 10am, so if you are planning on attending the panel, then you will not be receiving the early access that day for the Show Floor.
Additionally, they will posting on the website, how early people can begin lining up or queueing up for this panel, as it is anticipated to be a very popular panel."

I responded confirming that "So on the day where the early entry matters most? (Due to the limited amount of exclusives) the VIP will not get early access. Also since they are normally in the front of the auditorium we will be last (or at least not first) out."
VIPs still get early access, you just have to determine if you'd rather miss the the first main event to utilize that access. Cant have it all.

Reaction score
That is not how I read that email but if that is the case then I am ok with it. Where did you get that info? mine came from starwarsinquiry@reedexpo.com
I thought it was pretty obvious, though unstated:

"The Exhibit Hall Floor does not open on Thursday, until 11am. The Panel begins at 10am, so if you are planning on attending the panel, then you will not be receiving the early access that day for the Show Floor."

This implies that if you're not planning to attend the panel then you will get early access that day.

Reaction score
Having been to every Celebration, and a VIP at the ones where you could be a VIP and having been staff a couple of times.

Also "so if you are planning on attending the panel, then you will not be receiving the early access that day for the Show Floor. "

Which means if you are not planning to attend the panel, you will obviously be getting into the show early at 1030 if you desire. Technically you are supposed to be in the VIP line a min of 15 mins from any panel start, so from 1030-1045 you will have time to shop and get your ***** to that line! :) The handling of VIPs have never been perfect but it has been improving, but not to the point where you can be two places at once.

That is not how I read that email but if that is the case then I am ok with it. Where did you get that info? mine came from starwarsinquiry@reedexpo.com

Reaction score
I have been VIP also, I know this celebration is different due to the opening ceremonies. I know it is usually not that bad once we get there but I feel (and it may be in my mind) that VIP got more info before the show.

I am confused about "Technically you are supposed to be in the VIP line a min of 15 mins from any panel start, so from 1030-1045 you will have time to shop and get your ***** to that line" - is there an 11am panel I need to be at lol. I assume you mean 9 not 10 or maybe I am just confused.

Also if they could perfect the being in 2 places at once then I assume their ability should be applied somewhere better than conventions lol

Reaction score
btw I do not mean to come off as surly, I am just more confused than anything.

Reaction score
I was VIP at the previous two celebrations so I am speaking from experience. Though a VIP can get onto the exhibit hall floor 30 min early, most (in my experience it was all) vendors will not open shop until the exhibit hall opens for everyone. A VIP can line up for an exclusive at 10:30a but will most likely not be able to purchase it until the hall opens at 11am on Thursday. I do not think it will be possible for a VIP to go to a booth (Lego for example), buy an item, and run back in time to see the JJ panel.

Reaction score
I do not think it will be possible for a VIP to go to a booth (Lego for example), buy an item, and run back in time to see the JJ panel.
Well, the VIP certainly couldn't expect to get their VIP seat. I believe the VIPs are to be seated first and then when the non-VIPs are let in they can fill in the unised VIP seats. That's why VIPs have to be on time/a little early for panels.

Reaction score
Yeah sorry my mistake, I keep thinking the panel starts at 11 not ten. So VIPs who want to attend the panel will really lose that extra half hour privledge. As thistledown mentioned, that extra 30mins is kind of a let down when the vendors wont sell to you during that time.

I have been VIP also, I know this celebration is different due to the opening ceremonies. I know it is usually not that bad once we get there but I feel (and it may be in my mind) that VIP got more info before the show.

I am confused about "Technically you are supposed to be in the VIP line a min of 15 mins from any panel start, so from 1030-1045 you will have time to shop and get your ***** to that line" - is there an 11am panel I need to be at lol. I assume you mean 9 not 10 or maybe I am just confused.

Also if they could perfect the being in 2 places at once then I assume their ability should be applied somewhere better than conventions lol

Reaction score
Welp, looks like I brought up a point worth discussing, eh? lol. B)

I have to suspect, despite any 11th hour information coming from responses to inquiries made via email now that this has been set up to make it possible for VIPs to make the panel and still somehow succeed in buying at least one hot exclusive on the floor afterwards. I recall various things going on in past celebrations, depending on each booth. But sometimes it seemed like LEGO or Hallmark for instance would hold selling for a short amount of time after the opening of the floor, and still allow VIP's to accumulate on their own prioritized line which got to buy ahead of everyone once they started. They seemed concerned to make it work for VIPs to get first crack, even if it meant delaying the everyone else. So, we'll have to wait and see how the cookie crumbles on Thursday this time out, as it is an unusual day among all past Celebration opening moments.

As for the Wednesday night sale party, that's just for Celebration store items, isn't it? I recall Sideshow once selling an exclusive 1:6 scale figure through the store, and thus at that sale party. But in general, most hot booth exclusives like LEGO, Hallmark, now Funko, etc. do not participate and their items are not at all available at the party. So, it would seem that the party has no impact on the decision a VIP has to make about buying vs. attending the JJ/KK panel. Unless anyone has concrete proof that this time will be different and LEGO, Hallmark, etc. will be available at the party, I have to assume they won't.

Last edited: