Celebration Anaheim: Transportation

Reaction score
I've been flying since 1972 and have always booked my reservations at least 6 to 10 months
in advance if available. Yes, they will change departure times a couple of times but never too
drastic. Booked a flight to Japan once for $1428 roundtrip in 2005. The guy right next to me
paid $3198 booking three months before departure.

Purchased my flight tickets last Tuesday on the 10th. At the time, American Airlines, US Airways,
Delta and United were booking up to May 2015. Southwest was taking reservations up to Jan. 5th.
Keeping an eye on flights for my friends to see a pattern of cost. I have learned that I have
received the best rates on Tues./Wednes. after 3:00pm.
I hope this will help some of you from the east coast.
Again, I'm flying from Michigan into John Wayne Airport and not LAX.
Got caught up in a situation in LAX back in 1985 and I could have walked
to Hawaii in shorter time!

Reaction score
I do know that too far in advance you can really pay a premium. I just looked at flights for March and then backed off to November. The March flights were almost DOUBLE what they were selling November flights for. Now that wasn't to Anaheim - I was looking at another trip for spring break.
Not sure when you're flying (are the November flights at Thanksgiving?) or where (were the March flights to a vacation hotspot?), but maybe the higher price for the March flights was due to higher demand for Spring Break flights.

And thanks for the info on the shuttle. I will definitely look into that!

Reaction score
I'll be going 13-19th! For those flying in, are you renting a car?

Reaction score
I'll be going 13-19th! For those flying in, are you renting a car?
I wasn't planning to, but I'd like to go to Knotts Berry Farm one of the days I'm there, and I see it's 7+ miles away, so I may rent a car just for a day or two.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use the Delta 10% code from the official site? I tried and it only took $10 off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use the Delta 10% code from the official site? I tried and it only took $10 off.
Guys-
I called Delta the official airline and the 10% is actually "UP to 10%" means ; First class fares gets %10 off and economy gets 2% off.

Reaction score
I'm booking with Delta because of the non stop and a early bird option. Southwest apparently does not fly IND-LAX nonstop anymore.

Reaction score
I have made every attempt to not stop in Chicago!
It can be a nightmare.
Dallas Fort Worth is only 45 minute wait.
Going home, Denver.
I love American Airlines but not the Windy City.

Last edited:
Reaction score
FYI guys, The TSA implemented a new security tax today. I checked Delta where I booked my tickets and they are now $10 higher ,ya its only $10 but u know that old saying? $10 is $10

Reaction score
Just booked our flight tonight.

Tickets for flights have dropped drastically across many airlines. Are you guys re-booking or having price adjustments done for the new rates? I assume it's mostly because oil/fuel prices have dropped so much the past couple months.

Our flight was $300 less than when I checked a couple months ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I booked my flights this week as well. I had enough miles to get my flight to California for free, so I'm pretty happy about that. :)

Reaction score
Finally booked my flight today ..........

$335 Round Trip from Central Illinois. Get to depart from an airport ten minutes from the house, and free parking. Woot!

Just a brief layover in Houston, Texas, then onward to Cali!

Reaction score
The wife and I will be driving from Houston, Texas. Will be our first long road trip, we are both very excited! We are booking about 3 days to get California and 3 days to get back (with a stop at the grand canyon!). We had thought about flying but based on last time (I bought a lot of stuff and had ship it all out!) and me wanting to bring along my TK armor, we thought it would be more fun to drive.

Reaction score
I finally booked my flight into LAX through US Airways. I fly in Wednesday afternoon. I'd like to reserve a Super shuttle to get from LAX to my Hotel. Super shuttle is $17 pp with a max of 9 riders. Does anyone want to help me fill a shuttle so we can maximize the direct trip to Anaheim? If we can fill a single shuttle then there won't be any risk of additional stops along the route. This will ensure a quick arrival into Anaheim. There would be 7 open spots if people want to coordinate PM me.

Reaction score
gonna cash in CC points to get shuttles from LAX to the Hotel and back t LAX.. hopefully the hotel will have transportation to the hall. $525 nonstop roundtrip from Tampa and 6 days in a hotel gonna fedex our clothes and stuff to the hotel to avoid airport employees and the government from busting into our bags

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you guys are planning on renting a car.

There is a car rental inside the Hilton hotel. It's cheaper than renting at the airport.

Reaction score
One of my group is driving in, so I'm hoping to be able to hitch a ride from him. Is super shuttle the cheapest option, though, if I can't?

Reaction score
PrimeTimeShuttle was cheaper for me. I used them for CIV in LA.
I looked into the super shuttle and if you can fill a shuttle and all go to the same drop it's only about 15 per person. I'm having a hard time getting a group together that will all be able to do that. if you don't fill the shuttle and all go to he same place then you might be stuck with 8 other drops ahead of yours. It's a big gamble. I want to get to anaheim as soon as possible. I might just go with uber or lyft. I'll look at prImetime too.

Reaction score
Anyone else flying to Long Beach? It seemed like a great idea when I booked it, but no one else seems to be flying there, and that concerns me.