Celebration Anaheim: Transportation

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How are you getting to the show? What are your plans for getting to and from the event each day? Discuss!

Reaction score
I'll be flying in from South Carolina. Not sure which airport to fly into though, LAX or SNA. I also don't want to rent a car, is there a shuttle service from either airport that will take you to the Anaheim Hilton?

Reaction score
I'll be flying in from South Carolina. Not sure which airport to fly into though, LAX or SNA. I also don't want to rent a car, is there a shuttle service from either airport that will take you to the Anaheim Hilton?
Check the hotel's website.If you can't find it there, give them a call.

Reaction score
That's for the arena, not the convention center itself.
Yes, but do you think they are (maybe), taking the sales to see what they would rent to use or they have already that space rented?

Reaction score
Yes, but do you think they are (maybe), taking the sales to see what they would rent to use or they have already that space rented?
It would be a smart move if that's what they are doing...to avoid a SDCC like event.

Reaction score
It would be a smart move if that's what they are doing...to avoid a SDCC like event.
Agree on that...there is a lot of people that would love to go to SDCC but couldn't because of tickets...anyway, it certainly would be nice there... I am trying my best to go; it is a long way from Puerto Rico.

Reaction score
Flying in of course. I hope I can find someone to transport my armor instead of paying shipping.

Reaction score
I'm only about 6 hours away by car. I still haven't decided if I want to fly or drive. Either way I hope I can make use of a shuttle to the convention center and leave a car and parking out of the equation.

Reaction score
Guess I'll repost this in the new thread here:

Anybody know when we'll finally be able to book flights? Seems May 2014 is about as far out as it goes currently. Also, anybody ever take a taxi or shuttle from John Wayne to Disney before? Curious which would be best, and what typical costs are for both.

Reaction score
Guess I'll repost this in the new thread here:

Anybody know when we'll finally be able to book flights? Seems May 2014 is about as far out as it goes currently. Also, anybody ever take a taxi or shuttle from John Wayne to Disney before? Curious which would be best, and what typical costs are for both.
This is according to the Anaheim Marriott so it would be to that hotel:
John Wayne Airport-Orange County - SNA
Alternate transportation: Super Shuttle; fee: 10 USD (one way) ;reservation required Estimated taxi fare: 35 USD (one way)

Los Angeles International Airport - LAX
Alternate transportation: Super Shuttle; fee: 16 USD (one way) ;reservation required Estimated taxi fare: 85 USD (one way)

Reaction score

YAY! I am leaving from Charleston, SC!

Reaction score
Reluctantly flying from NYC to LAX -

Was contemplating driving, but my daugther would miss way to much school

Reaction score
Wife and I are flying from Alabama. We will be renting an SUV or Mini Van with 2 other couples/friends from CV and CVI. Since we're all staying in the same hotel it made sense to do a 3 way split on rental and save some money.

Reaction score
I have flown into SNA to go to Disneyland....easy airport to manage...much smaller than LAX.
There is shuttle service...to hotels around. I am gonna stay at Disneyland hotel. I have Disney Vacation Club so i get free hotel!

Reaction score
I have flown into SNA to go to Disneyland....easy airport to manage...much smaller than LAX.
There is shuttle service...to hotels around. I am gonna stay at Disneyland hotel. I have Disney Vacation Club so i get free hotel!
Right, SNA is the way to go. Nice score on the free room and board.

Reaction score
Right, SNA is the way to go. Nice score on the free room and board.
When I was doing a quick check on the airfare to LAX versus SNA. I found that while SNA is closer to Anaheim it's also more expensive to fly into than LAX. Also I couldn't find any non-stop flights into SNA but I could find some going to LAX. So, I guess it's a trade off. LAX=non-stop flights, cheaper airfare SNA=quicker, easier, more seductive...err...expensive

Reaction score
So glad I'm reading this thread.
I'll be flying in from Michigan.
I'm saving right now just because of the cost of flying out west!

Reaction score
When I was doing a quick check on the airfare to LAX versus SNA. I found that while SNA is closer to Anaheim it's also more expensive to fly into than LAX. Also I couldn't find any non-stop flights into SNA but I could find some going to LAX. So, I guess it's a trade off. LAX=non-stop flights, cheaper airfare SNA=quicker, easier, more seductive...err...expensive
Might also want to check out jet blue which flies into long beach airport.

Reaction score
I'll be flying in from NY and probably renting a car... Hoping to use miles from Jetblue to fly out there if prices are too steep...

Reaction score
Air Line tickets will open up around the end of Sept 2014 ,for most airlines.

Reaction score
I tweeted Southwest and a Rep replied that they will open up booking for April 2015 in August. I read a article in Forbes magazine that said the best time to book air travel is 7 weeks out. What do you guys think about 7 week rule??

Reaction score
7 weeks is not far enough out for me. I might just be weird like that though. I'm more of a "soon as flights are available, I buy" kind of guy.

Reaction score
7 weeks is not far enough out for me. I might just be weird like that though. I'm more of a "soon as flights are available, I buy" kind of guy.
I'm right there with you, I'm already looking for plane tickets! Had the hotel and event tickets within minutes of them being posted. I also have $8000 saved so far, should have 12 by the time of the convention.

Reaction score
I'm right there with you, I'm already looking for plane tickets! Had the hotel and event tickets within minutes of them being posted. I also have $8000 saved so far, should have 12 by the time of the convention.
Holy faaack $8000 saved already!? Sounds like I have stop saving money for my wedding and start putting into my celebration vacation fund!

Reaction score
Holy faaack $8000 saved already!? Sounds like I have stop saving money for my wedding and start putting into my celebration vacation fund!
Well, I wish I could say it was all for the Celebration store and merchandising area, but a good chunk will be for airfare, hotel, meals and local transportation.

Now, if your wife-to-be would let you stop saving for your wedding and put it towards the Celebration, she's a keeper! But something tells me that would go over like a Wampa TaunTaun herder.

Reaction score
Me too... If I know when/where we're going I'll buy plane tickets six months out or more.

Reaction score
Me too... If I know when/where we're going I'll buy plane tickets six months out or more.
I used to be like that but by booking so far out the airlines kept adjusting my departure/arrival times. So by the time it was time to leave my original departure/arrival times were substantially different than originally booked.

Reaction score
Dam son, do you need a new best friend?

Reaction score
Delta and USAir are now booking for April . Delta is usually on the high end so I am waiting Southwest to open up the booking window for April ,this August.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I, too, booked American Airlines from Michigan to Anaheim for the 14th-19th.
But over in this neck of the woods, Southwest was the priciest.

Reaction score
I booked my flights on United about 3-1/2 weeks ago. $634 out of Baltimore including a direct flight from BWI to LAX, so not too bad. Just have to cross my fingers that they don't change the flights a dozen times between now and April.

My bigger concern is transportation from LAX to Anaheim, and back to LAX, which according to Google Maps is a distance of 33-36 miles each way.

Reaction score
I used to be like that but by booking so far out the airlines kept adjusting my departure/arrival times. So by the time it was time to leave my original departure/arrival times were substantially different than originally booked.
My flights have never changed more than a few minutes. But they do end up changing 2-3X it seems. What I have an issue with is how they change the seat assignments. There's five of us including three kids and so when I book a flight I'll obviously put all of us together. But when a flight changes they'll often times seat us all over the place. Or say I book a plane that has two seats on either side and I choose the aisle and window... the plane will be changed to one with three seats on either side and instead of an aisle they put me in the middle seat. So whenever I book a flight months in advance I make a note to go back about once a month to check the reservation and the seat assignments.

I do know that too far in advance you can really pay a premium. I just looked at flights for March and then backed off to November. The March flights were almost DOUBLE what they were selling November flights for. Now that wasn't to Anaheim - I was looking at another trip for spring break.