Celebration Anaheim: Tips & Tricks

Reaction score
I'm wondering whether anyone knows where the "Celebration" primer
is located. I read it was here at this site.
Questions answered specifically for Newbies.

Reaction score
Worst line I was in was at CIII...Celebration Store! Anyone remember that nightmare? o-o

Reaction score
Though not as bad that line for Acme at CV when they had one register....not fun. I hit that first and did not get out until well after 12 or so. And some Got out later than that. I actually forgot to grab Jerry's slip for his print and had a guy let me step out for a second and grab a slip from Jerry and the guy happened to be artist Jeff Confer. Really nice guy...

Reaction score
I completely forgot about the Art line at CV when I posted earlier. Since CV was my first Celebration, I was super energized and didn't mind the 3 hour wait I had. That was my first stop on Thursday. One register (cash & credit), waiting in line at the artists tables for order slips then waiting to pay and then back in the artists line to get the prints. All the lines preventing people from making attempts to get to the artists since the lines wrapped around the tables. There's a reason I blacked that out.

CVI introduced the pre-ordering and with bigger space in the Art Show, it was very simple. I expect this time will be just as smooth.

Reaction score
Worst line I was in was at CIII...Celebration Store! Anyone remember that nightmare? o-o
Ummm, you didn't experience waiting for "Jorg Sacul" figure at C2. That was ****ing ridiculous.

But they single handedly paid for my entire hotel stay and gas. :$

Reaction score
6 hours - HAH! I got in line at 4 am, doors opened at 10 am, got through the Celebration Store at 2-3 pm! That line almost single handedly ended my interest in going to further Celebrations…almost.

Reaction score
DarthBeek, don't blame George. It's not his fault he envisioned the greatest movie franchise of all time. It's not his fault he blessed us with his imagination. And he is not to blame for making each one of us obsessed with Star Wars. (Correction....he IS to blame for our obsession. My bad.)

But that won't stop us from coming and coming to these Celebrations. I can't wait.

Reaction score
Ummm, you didn't experience waiting for "Jorg Sacul" figure at C2. That was ****ing ridiculous.

But they single handedly paid for my entire hotel stay and gas. :$
Yep. Lost an entire day of Celebration sitting in that line. Luckily someone near me had a deck of cards. Made some new friends and spent the day with them.

Reaction score
I'm trying to plan out the panels I want to go to and there's already overlap, but some only have 30 minute windows in between them. Is lining up 30 minutes ahead of time for a panel going to be enough time? Also how early should we be there for the actor panels 1? 2 hours? Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
It it really depends on the panel and how popular the topic is. The low vis ones, 30min should give you plenty of time, but for the high vis you might want to look at 1 to 1 1/2. I am having to pick and choose my panels, some I just won't be able to make. You just have to prioritize based on what panel you would rather attend.

I'm trying to plan out the panels I want to go to and there's already overlap, but some only have 30 minute windows in between them. Is lining up 30 minutes ahead of time for a panel going to be enough time? Also how early should we be there for the actor panels 1? 2 hours? Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I'm going to have suitcases that pack inside each other. That way I can check one bag going out and multiple bags coming back.

Reaction score
My only comment on panels and lines is that they can be affected by the giveaways. Last time the Star Tots led to there being lines for every panel and basically you'd come out of one and immediately get in line for the next one (since they cleared the room). It was a bit ridiculous bc it was clear that half or more of the audience in several panels were only there for the give aways (obvious bc of people talking, texting, gaming, etc. and generally not paying attention). I don't fault the guys for making free gifts and giving them out - it was awesome of them - but it did lead to crowds that wouldn't have otherwise been present.

Since the Tots will be given away again this year... I'd expect at least moderate sized lines.

The bigger lines will be for the stuff like Rebels or anything involving any celebs of course. At the last two anything with behind the scenes crew were usually moderately well attended but didn't have any significant lines (that I noticed).

I went to my first SDCC last year and it was INSANE compared to the two Celebrations I've attended. The sales floor in Orlando was crowded but you could get around reasonably easy except for maybe a handful of choke points. But at SDCC it was physically hard to walk EVERYWHERE. Unless they do a poor job laying out the exhibition hall it should be fine.

Reaction score
I'm going to have suitcases that pack inside each other. That way I can check one bag going out and multiple bags coming back.
That's exactly what I'll be doing. I drove to the Indy and Orlando Celebrations so space wasn't a big deal. However, when I had to fly to L.A. for SWC, it was a nightmare trying to ship back items. Always a long line at USPS at the convention center and a premium for shipping supplies. Checking a bag would have been cheaper than shipping.

I strongly encourage multiple bags and art tubes!

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'll be doing. I drove to the Indy and Orlando Celebrations so space wasn't a big deal. However, when I had to fly to L.A. for SWC, it was a nightmare trying to ship back items. Always a long line at USPS at the convention center and a premium for shipping supplies. Checking a bag would have been cheaper than shipping.

I strongly encourage multiple bags and art tubes!
You should've been at CE2. I was assured there was onsite shipping, but after spending literally HOURS looking for it, skipping panels trying to find it, and hauling stuff back and forth from the hotel to the CC, I found the shipping center on Saturday morning - it was in an off limits that cosplayers were using to change or something. They wouldn't let me in, so I had to drag the VIP Liaison down there to get in, only to find out the CC had closed the shipping center a year earlier. REED had no idea.

So the Liaison got me into the CC office and after some cajoling they agreed to let me and a few others use their exhibitor shipping system to send stuff home. After about 30 minutes of fillingout forms I found out it was going to cost me upwards of $250 to ship stuff back to the US through them. The stuff I was shipping didn't cost $250 TOTAL, so I decided to pass. By this time it was Saturday afternoon, the nearest Post Office was 2 miles away, I didn't have a car, and the PO was closing in like 30 minutes.

In the end I threw away some old clothes, jammed everything into my suitcase and paid a $50 overweight charge at the airport. What a freaking nightmare. I really prefered being able to drive to Celebration, when it was in Indy.

I shipped stuff home from Orlando at CV, and that process was relatively painless and affordable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is what I've been doing for years. It's actually just a great travel tip for big vacations. Try to fit everything I need in a carry-on and stick that in a bigger suitcase. This way all the souvenirs I buy can be packed in the carry-on so I know it's on the plane with me and my clothes can be checked. No over weight fees and I'm less likely to care about them losing my clothes and stuff from a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

I had forgotten about this. It worked out for me though. By the time I got out of the store, the exhibit hall was closed and the line for the opening ceremony was capped, so I wandered around and ended up in the art room. Bought all the prints I wanted with no fuss (IIRC the art room ended up being a hassle for people later on in the show).

This reminded me of CIV where I had pre-ordered the GG exclusives, but my friend didn't really buy them so he didn't. We get to the show and he sees the Darth Malak and wants one. So the next day we go to the GG booth and the line is capped, and they don't want people just loitering, so they make us walk in a circle around the booth. We were walking around the booth for like 30 minutes before I finally got in line and was able to buy him one. I just remember this mass of people walking in a circle around their booth as a ridiculous image. He ended up opening the bust in the hotel room and breaking the lightsaber.

I've been to two (CIII & CIV), but my first one was really frustrating at first. Between spending the whole first day in the store line and not getting into the opening ceremony and the second day not getting into the ROTS preview & subsequently missing out on the GG exclusive that day, it took about a day and a half for me to start having fun. Once I relaxed about trying to see everything and really just enjoying the show as a celebration of all things SW I had a blast. My tip would be try not to stress too much if you miss something you really wanted. Let the show come to you and enjoy what you do get to see. A lot of times the stuff we don't plan on experiencing ends up being the best parts.

Consider buying one of these. Grid-It or Travel case. I ended up buying the travel case and I keep a couple of USB wall-chargers, cables for my phone/iPad/3DS/Vita that can charge them over USB. As well as an extra charger for my camera. Everything I have in there is extra so I know I don't forget anything when I go somewhere. Just grab the case & go. More useful if you travel semi-regularly to keep your accessories organized. There are various sizes of Grid-It's so you can find one that works for you. It's basically a flat piece with elastic straps cris-crossed over both sides to keep your wires organized. I haven't used one, but I saw a photographer's what's in my bag that featured it and it seemed to work well for him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a different line for the store for the people with medical badges or is it the same line? Just trying to plan ahead!