Celebration Anaheim: Tips & Tricks

Reaction score
For those of you who have attended a SWC in the past and fly, how do you get your swag home? I'm sure you'll have to pay an extra baggage fee, but what kind of luggage are you using to protect your purchases from the ham-handed baggage handlers at the airports? Inquiring minds want to know...:hmm:
Last time I flew Delta and was allowed 3 bags to be checked. I just brought extra suit cases for swag and carried the posters on the plane with me. The lightsaber poster tubes were very inconspicuous ;)

Reaction score
ship your stuff home. The closet Post Office is 3.8 miles from the con ,On 2255 W Ball Rd. The Fedex inside the Center will bend you over with fees.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like I just might have to use a Taxi although I wonder what would be cheaper: pay more to FedEx at the con or pay less to use USPS but also pay a taxi to take me back and forth? Hmmm

Reaction score
Looks like I just might have to use a Taxi although I wonder what would be cheaper: pay more to FedEx at the con or pay less to use USPS but also pay a taxi to take me back and forth? Hmmm
Iv decided to pack a 30 inch doffle bag inside my clothing bag and check the bag. Delta charges $25 for the first bag so If I dont buy to much ill get by just paying $25.

Reaction score
You guys buy too much stuff. LOL.

For the last two Celebrations I was able to get away with just shoving stuff in my carry on bag and a sack. As I went through security the TSA folks gathered around the x-ray scanner and commented on how "this guy sure likes R2" because I had a dozen or so R2 items of various sizes crammed inside.

My only tip is that after my first trip to Orlando and seeing the relative lack of good dining options at the convention center... I packed protein bars and took them with me every day. Ended up working out great as I spent so much time waiting for or attending the various collector track presentations.

Reaction score
Snacks are a must IMO! You save money and you don't have to waste time in line trying to get food.

Reaction score
I never go to any convention without my snack-backpack.
Crystal Light packets, water bottle, apple/banana, candy
bars and gum.
When I wear my Stargate tactical vest, it's loaded with
5th Avenue chocolate bars!B)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just checking out some concerns regarding shipping items.

Depending on the time of your return flight home you might want to consider checking out the ups and post offices near LAX. I used to live less than a mile from the airport grounds and there are many options to ship within 2 miles of the airport.

i know a UPS store is next to the famous in and out restaurant and the post office has extended hours because it services the airport.

A cab ride from these places to the airport would not be outrageous.

Reaction score
Just checking out some concerns regarding shipping items.

Depending on the time of your return flight home you might want to consider checking out the ups and post offices near LAX. I used to live less than a mile from the airport grounds and there are many options to ship within 2 miles of the airport.

i know a UPS store is next to the famous in and out restaurant and the post office has extended hours because it services the airport.

A cab ride from these places to the airport would not be outrageous.
They will more than likely have USPS and FedEx areas on site for shipping goodies home as they have had at past celebrations.

Reaction score
fedex'ing our stuff to and from Anaheim, it safer and you don't have a GED educated kid from looking into our bags to " keep us safe" from the boogeyman... i don't believe in giving up my rights for security

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for a smooth celebration store line experience? I went to the first 4 celebrations but missed the last 2 in Orlando. I remember nightmare line situations to get into the store, have they managed to streamline it at all or do I still need to line up at the crack of dawn to try and get into the store early?

Reaction score
If you want popular items, then probably. I know they ran into the lanyard issue at CVI where they were gone first thing Thursday. There is also the possibility that some of the pins for the Road to Celebration collection will be avalible at the store. Those will go quickly. Once the items for the store are released, it will probably be easier to get a general idea.

Reaction score
I remember at CVI, there were thousands of SW lanyards.
The very next morning, there were no more than seventy-five.
True story . . . I was there!

Reaction score
I'm a Celebration newbie. I didn't know people traded stuff! What sorts of things do people trade and what kind of money are people spending on these things? Do you guys have any photos of what you've traded and what you've received in the past?! You have my artsy side tingling!!

Any tips for going with a baby? We will have our 4-month-old with us...

Reaction score
I say if you're really jonesing to get sought after items right at opening the first day then you should get there early and stand in line by yourself and run to hit those first while your spouse brings the baby in around 1015/1030 so they won't hit that initial rush. I don't have a child but that's what I would have my wife do. If your doing autos, depending on who it is you might get some good interactions with the actor and your child.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that has been mentioned, backpack is essential with water bottles and sharpies!! If you have an opportunity buy a case of water for your hotel or where you are staying at, it would save you a crap load of cash at the convention!

Reaction score
How much swag should we anticipate?
Depends on how long you want to stay in line. A lot of free stuff available at Celebrations, but there are typically really long lines if it is anything good.

(and nice to see a fellow Wyomingite, by the way!)

Reaction score
Any tips from those who've brought their kids and under a tight schedule? Given their school/activities we can probably only do Friday or Saturday from around 4pm until close. Will we be SOL as far as the major panels, autographs, etc that late in the day? Getting in on one of the Rebels panels is ideal but I also don't want to spend most of our time in line. 3-4 hours also seems like an awfully short time to even hit up the vendors and exhibit halls, but I've never been.

Reaction score
The Rebels events have been announced to the press, the public events are 11-12 Saturday, Rebels Panel in The Arena, and 5-6:30 Season Two Premiere, Digital Stage.

At Celebration VI, the Clone Wars Season 5 premiere was filled really early, so if you're not going to be there until 4, you probably won't see the premiere. Not that you'll be missing anything you can't watch on TV in a few months anyway.

Reaction score
best thing to do is make a list of the things you really want to do and your kids. you may not get to everything but at least you and the kids will have a lifetime memories

Reaction score
I haven't been to a Celebration since CI in Denver and I have a few logistical questions about how things work at the ReedPOP events, like Celbrations V and VI and the others they do.

1. We know the arena will be the main stage, and that the arena can hold up to like anywhere from 7,500-8,500 people depending on how it is configured-- do we know if there going to be a digital stage for overflow that doesn't fit into the main stage area?

2. Does ReedPOP use wristbands for lines, and if so, how does that work? Say, you line up at midnight for the opening Abrams/Kennedy event, do they give you a seat number at like 3am so you can go back and sleep, or is it more likely that you wait in line all night outside, and then they give you a wristband and let you into the building and then while you are going to the bathroom everyone else that was in line behind you gets in another line inside the the building to line up for the main stage?

3. Have the CV and CVI and other ReedPOP events been "once-you-are-in, you are in" events for the venue? In other words, I wait in line for several hours just to get into the Convention Center, then I step outside to eat in the Hilton food court, and then do I have to wait several more hours to get back inside the convention center? ANd have the other big stage events in the past couple of Celebrations been "once-you-are-in, you are in" halls? In other words, I line up at Midnight for the Abrams/Kennedy Arena event, but then I go to the bathroom right before it starts, can I get back to my seat?

4. Were there any Celebrations in the past where you could just walk right up and walk in without waiting for hours in line? and, if so, what years were those (so I can compare the venue capacity to Anaheim's stats shown at Anaheim Convention Center)?

5. Do you have any tips specific for wearing a costume-- what days are best or worst, how to survive in a solid silicone mask, etc?

Reaction score
The Rebels events have been announced to the press, the public events are 11-12 Saturday, Rebels Panel in The Arena, and 5-6:30 Season Two Premiere, Digital Stage.

At Celebration VI, the Clone Wars Season 5 premiere was filled really early, so if you're not going to be there until 4, you probably won't see the premiere. Not that you'll be missing anything you can't watch on TV in a few months anyway.
But on the other had you will have to wait to months too see it, as opposed to right there. I will have to agree if you are not in line 2 1/2 - 3 hours before it starts the chances of you seeing it are slim.

Reaction score
@MannieBothans

Never mind I see you got more qualified answers at TheForce.Net :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
So this will be my first Star Wars celebration. Is it as crazy as SDCC? Please tell me it isn't. I hated waiting over 8 hours to get into Hall H! You couldn't even move on the sales floor. It was just crazy!

Reaction score
I've only missed one Celebration Con but I don't think we have as many people come as the SDCC so it's not that bad. You will have to wait in long line's just like most convention's, but i've found most people nice enough to let you out of line to grab a snack or a drink without giving you a bunch of crap about it. It's almost like a giant family reunion or something.

Reaction score
The biggest lines I have been in at Celebrations have been 2+ hour waits. And it is true, people are generally nice and will not give you grief when you leave the line for a second to use the bathroom, etc. It will be busy but not insanity, like I've seen online with SDCC. (Never seen it in person though.)

Reaction score
I attended SDCC in 09' and there is nothing like that montrosity.
SW family are all on the same page when attending Celebrations.
In my opinion, it's very enjoyable.