Celebration Anaheim: Tattoo Pavilion

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Marc Draven and our very own Shane Turgeon are bringing the Tattoo Pavilion back to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim. Anyone planning to partake?

Reaction score
Wish I could. Most of the artists haven't been answering messages at all. There's been a lot of talk about this on Facebook. People are pretty frustrated and rightfully so. It's really unprofessional.

Reaction score
I was thinking about it but all the artists that I might have been interested in are all full for the convention.

Reaction score
Wish I could. Most of the artists haven't been answering messages at all. There's been a lot of talk about this on Facebook. People are pretty frustrated and rightfully so. It's really unprofessional.
@my_kind_of_scum, would you be so kind as to point out where on Facebook this is being discussed?

To the best of my knowledge, most of the artists are communicating to the requests their getting but there may be a problem with the requests getting through from the official Celebration site. There have been a number of technical issues with the tattoo pavilion portion of the site since it went live and numerous attempts on our end to have it corrected by those in power hasn't been happening.

I would suggest tracking down the artist you might be interested in on Facebook and contacting them directly through there.

Do note that some of them are booked up already.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was in the Star Wars Celebration unofficial discussion group on Facebook - I'll see if I can dig up some of the discussion threads and PM you links. My personal contact attempts were mostly made through the official site. Many of the people were contacting the artists directly through facebook, though, and still not receiving replies.

Reaction score
I had Needles do a piece for me at CVI and already have him booked for another in Anaheim. I know he still has a few spots open but he is booking up quickly too... You can reach him at darthneedles@yahoo.com if you are interested...

Reaction score
I finally booked my spot this past Monday! This will be my first tattoo and I am pretty excited about it!

The first two artists I contacted (both through email and facebook/twitter) took a long while to reply back to me (one was over a week), I think the issue was working other conventions and life which is very understandable to me.

The third artists that I contacted (through email again) got back to me that same day (within an hour actually!) and that is who I have appointment with now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only advice I could give is, now that a big part of the schedule is out try to book your slot where it doesn't over lap any panels or shows you are interested in... At CVI my tattoo ended up taking 5 hours so plan your slot wisely!

I finally booked my spot this past Monday! This will be my first tattoo and I am pretty excited about it!

The first two artists I contacted (both through email and facebook/twitter) took a long while to reply back to me (one was over a week), I think the issue was working other conventions and life which is very understandable to me.

The third artists that I contacted (through email again) got back to me that same day (within an hour actually!) and that is who I have appointment with now.

Reaction score
Would love to get one but some of the more intricate tattoos must take forver. I can see them getting done in one sitting especially the portrait ones. I'm sure the ones I liked are all booked.

Reaction score
Here is a picture that one of the Rebelscum photographers got of me getting a tattoo!

It turned out awesome and I can't wait to get another tattoo done at the next celebration!