Celebration Anaheim: Restaurants

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Discuss any restaurants you recommend or ask questions about where to eat in and around the Anaheim Convention Center.

Reaction score
For those that got to taste Portillos in Chicago, there is one not too far away. You'll have to Uber though.

Reaction score
Food trucks were really amazing last time in Anaheim after we found them we didnt go anywhere else.

Reaction score
The lines were pretty rough at times but yea, great grub and convenient if you're staying in one of the attached hotels.

Reaction score
I go to Disneyland every other year, and there are ALWAYS new food places opening up in the area. We like the Downtown Disney area for restaurants.
There is plenty of places to eat on Katella and Harbor blvd. which are adjacent to the Convention center.

Reaction score
Make sure to visit In-N-Out once while you're there. Probably the best fast food burger in America.

Reaction score
YES In -N-OUT is the BEST !!!! However I still like Jack in the Box , I miss them here on Long Island. I grew up here in the 60's with JACK !!!!!! It was a 3am favorite after drinking .

Reaction score
For those who like craft beer, Green Cheek and Bottle Logic are pretty close and both have excellent beer. Monkish is about an hour away in Torrence.

ZX3

Reaction score
I like to visit regional fast food chains wherever I visit.
It's got the exotic novelty of travel yet is less touristy because it's real life food everyone eats and if it's bad you've only wasted about ten bucks.

For Celebration in Orlando, I've enjoyed Sonny's. Zaxby's on the way too the time I drove instead of flying.

In Chicago, for Celebration or otherwise I like to go to Giordano's and Devil Dawgs (admittedly both care kind of touristy though).

For the two Celebrations in Indianapolis the closest I came to regional fast food was White Castle, but living in Michigan nothing in Indiana is going to feel exotic. Indy was still a great Celebration location though.

In London for Celebration Europe Nando's was the best but Gourmet Burger Kitchen was good too.

For the first Celebration in Denver it meant getting the Kentaco Hut stuff they had at the convention because that one was really in the middle of nowhere (no offense meant to Coloradans- I'm sure you have some great regional fast food too).

I'm looking forward to going to In and Out, Jack in the Box, and Del Taco again in Anaheim.

Reaction score
ZX3, you are so lucky to have been able to go to the 1st Cele. and to European Cele.s. mine was Cele.2 in Indianapolis, I stayed at the Marriott(same place as G.L.!) I ate my last meal (breakfast)at a place in the Marriott and saw several celebrities there, and on the way home, the same ones were on the plane, only a couple seats ahead of me! I agree on common domestic food, but did you enjoy any of the gut trucks at the first Anaheim Cele.?

Reactions: ZX3

ZX3

Reaction score
Looking back at how it went it seems miraculous anyone got to got to the first one in Denver. They've definitely gotten more polished over the years. Even C2 was a major upgrade. Still, lots of fond memories of it nonetheless.
Sounds like your C2 was awesome. Staying at the main hotel/hotels definitely makes for a better Celebration experience. I stayed at the Marriott for Chicago and saw LFL people left and right there. Toward the end I shared an elevator with Matt Martin of the Story Group and chatted about the new tattoo he'd gotten at the show, which was pretty great.
Sadly I didn't partake in the food trucks last time out in Anaheim. I'll have to give that a try this time.

Reaction score
Thank goodness someone remembers good stuff about Cele.2! I stood out in the rain and cold starting at 1150pm, the night before G.L. was going to appear. I will never regret doing it! the comeraderie of fans was amazing and entertaining! Did you partake in the "dousing"? I thought it was exciting when everyone crossed the street as one unit-almost, to get into a hotel for shelter. that was the one 501st was staying at, it was an amazing place. then everyone got into order and made way across the skybridge into the con. center. there we lined up, sat down and in the very early hours. fell sleep on the floor. Food? in our group, we had a very generous gut who went back to where ever he was staying and brought an actual large cooler full of food for our little group! here is the fun part... I was by a set of doors that led into a hallway. this door was unlocked! I'm sure you remember how fans were trying to stake out the Marriott and try to catch a glimpse of G.L. coming from his floor. This hallway we were sitting by was the one he would go through to get to the stage area. At 8 am, the doors were locked! we ,who waited all night in the rain, sleet, tornado warnings etc. got in at 10am AFTER everyone else who had lined up that morning got in before us! we were very upset, but we did get to see G.L. from the back of the room-ugh. We were even told we would enter first, but no. but the whole experience the night before was worth it! there were more adventures while waiting outside but that would be for another time. my number in line was 77.

Reaction score
Was GL at C2 also? I thought his first appearance was at CIII. I was at that one and remember standing in the cold rain to see him.

Reaction score
Uh-oh, my mistake. it was at 3! I've been staying up late and got confused! I wish I had been at Cele. 1, I also remember trying to find a place to eat and had to go way down the street to a burger place that everyone else flocked to, it was late and the restuarants at the hotel were closed. good food but over priced. Do you remember the horrible lines at the Cele. store? good stuff bot I was new to large cons. and stood for hours to get goodies. thank goodness I was staying at the Marriott across the strret.

Reaction score
UGH! That store line. HOURS and HOURS of wait just to make sure I got the figure.

Reaction score
Yes, Ugh! just to get the George Lucas figures! I was sort of dumb, I waited well over 5 hours in line at the store, missing out on all sorts of fun things, I got what I came for, but I think my foot pain started then! now it's much worse, but then, I guess I'm getting old! but that won't stop me from Cele.s! in the future, Imperial Walkers!!