Celebration Anaheim: Restaurants

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Come 2015, it will be eight years since California hosted a Star Wars Celebration and this time, it's far, far away from Los Angeles, the site of the 2007 event. Do you have any recommendations for good places to eat in or around the Anaheim area? Post it right here!

Reaction score
Is there an In and Out Burger near? Always wanted to try....Citrix, when I lived in Miami as a kid I remember Tony Romas. Its prob been 20 plus years since Ive been to one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is there an In and Out Burger near? Always wanted to try....Citrix, when I lived in Miami as a kid I remember Tony Romas. Its prob been 20 plus years since Ive been to one.
Not within walking distance. There is one a few miles up Harbor in Fullerton. And one on Orange and Brookhurst in Anaheim.

Reaction score
Looks like there is a Cheesecake Factory down the street in Anaheim. So I will be living there while not at the convention.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's a restaurant there called El Torito (pretty sure there's one on Ball just a few blocks away from the park,) that has the best Carne Asada and fried ice cream.

Reaction score
Tony Romas is the bomb. We always try to visit whenever we're in the area. You'll want to walk there if you're at one of the hotels nearby because parking sucks.

Reaction score
Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney is very good and always has a line

Trader Sam's is a bar at the Disneyland Hotel, the food is really just appetizers, but it is great food. The inside part of the bar is really small and it can be hard to get a table there, but it has a fantastic atmosphere about it. They also have seating outside.

Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles should be open by then, I'm not sure of their exact location, but I want to say they're within a half mile south of Katella

Citywalk is about half a mile away on Katella and that's where you can find the Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and others

Shakey's Pizza is pretty good and I like their fried wings. They're north of Disneyland on the other side of Ball, so about a mile from the convention center

If you've got a car Umami Burger has excellent burgers. The Anaheim location is a couple miles away & is located in the Anaheim Brewery (I've not eaten at this exact Umami, but have eaten at the Los Feliz & Costa Mesa locations) - I'm not sure if this location shows up on their website though.

Those are some of my favorite places to eat when I'm visiting Disneyland.

Reaction score
Anaheim Brewery? o-o
Yep

I'm typing this because I need to make the message longer apparently. I guess quotes & links don't count towards the character limit. I sure hope this is enough characters for me to post this.

Reaction score
Any chance of a Walgreens close by? The one in Orlando next to the con was great to have.

Reaction score
Most of the resturants mentioned should be ok, but if you're looking for some fine dining, I definitely recommend Napa Rose in the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. I'm in SoCal and hitup Disneyland/CalAdventure a few times a year and it's a must eat at for us. Not cheap, and you'll probably need reservations but well worth it. See you there...

Reaction score
There's a Walgreens and some type of discount supermarket on Katella about a mile west of Disneyland near Euclid st. There is also a Walmart neighborhood market (like a supermarket) behind the Walgreens on Katella ND Euclid. I'm HERE IN Disneyland NOW and I was at the Walmart market this a.m.

Reaction score
So Daniel...got our pizza place picked out for the gang?
LOL! No Giordano's this time. :(

We'll have to find a spot. Maybe we can hit up a resturaunt in Downtown Disney.

It'll be awesome hanging out with everyone again. Probably one of the best nights at CVI.

Reaction score
It'll be awesome hanging out with everyone again. Probably one of the best nights at CVI.
Indeed.

Wonder if Matt still has his "balloon"?....and if SB3 is working on a new show tune?

And if I recall, after dinner, didn't I get my pic with the lovely Clare Grant? Mmmm....she smelled so good.

Reaction score
HA! Forgot about the balloon!

And don't forget the shout out that Matt gave us on Live TV!

And if I recall, after dinner, didn't I get my pic with the lovely Clare Grant? Mmmm....she smelled so good.
You're welcome! :grin:

Reaction score
Indeed.

Wonder if Matt still has his "balloon"?....and if SB3 is working on a new show tune?

If she smells anything like she looks... :wub:

Reaction score
I think there's an Ihop across the street from the CC.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
They have an Italian Beef sandwich. You can add sweet peppers if you like. They are also known for their Chicago Style hot dogs.

Reaction score
I'll be looking for an In and out and a Roscoe's. They are mythical places to me, only spoken of by friends of friends or seen on TV.