Celebration Anaheim: Photo-Ops

Reaction score
Well I see Anthony Daniels finally sold out to the professional photo op business. :p
Hey why no combo photo with C-3PO and R2-D2??? ;)

These photo op prices have gone beyond ridiculous. It's already $125 to get an autograph from Mark Hamill but if you want a photo with him, now it's another $100.
Who do these Star Wars celebrities think they are...Norman Reedus??? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Oh and way to gouge people further by putting an upcharge on the Skywalker Twins combo. Usually you pay LESS for a convention photo op with more than one celeb, discounted a couple bucks but I see this is the opposite. George Lucas takes a lot of guff for cashing in over the years but these convention jockeys do it right in your face. o-o

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well I see Anthony Daniels finally sold out to the professional photo op business. :p
Hey why no combo photo with C-3PO and R2-D2??? ;)

These photo op prices have gone beyond ridiculous. It's already $125 to get an autograph from Mark Hamill but if you want a photo with him, now it's another $100.
Who do these Star Wars celebrities think they are...Norman Reedus??? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Oh and way to gouge people further by putting an upcharge on the Skywalker Twins combo. Usually you pay LESS for a convention photo op with more than one celeb, discounted a couple bucks but I see this is the opposite. George Lucas takes a lot of guff for cashing in over the years but these convention jockeys do it right in your face. o-o
Kinda funny as I was looking I said the same thing, why no C-3PO & R2-D2 and caught the fact they charge you MORE for the Carrie\Mark team up. The Ian\Ray is less like it should be.

Reaction score
I was considering getting the photo with Mark until I saw the price. Wasn't it $60 at CVI? Also, it's not $100, it's $113 with taxes and "administrative fees", no thanks.

Reaction score
Seriously tempted to get a photo of the gf and I with the Skywalker twins, but $195... damn. If that price included them autographing it, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Um, Anaheim, I think we have a problem...

Team-Up Photo-Ops
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
TeamUp - Light vs Dark (Hamill & McDiarmid)
n/a
5:15 pm
5:00 pm
3:15 pm
TeamUp - Master & Apprentice (McDiarmid & Park)
5:45 pm
4:15 pm
4:00 pm
2:15 pm
TeamUp - Skywalker Twins (Fisher & Hamill)
n/a
6:15 pm
6:00 pm

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought for the "Talking To Myself" panel, Hamill won't come on until 7pm-ish (JAT gets the first hour). I'm just guessing, but perhaps they're making Hamill do photos for 30-45 minutes and then he's expected to run over to the arena and 'perform' for an hour.

Reaction score
I thought for the "Talking To Myself" panel, Hamill won't come on until 7pm-ish (JAT gets the first hour). I'm just guessing, but perhaps they're making Hamill do photos for 30-45 minutes and then he's expected to run over to the arena and 'perform' for an hour.
Thats correct, JAT is on his own till 7 then Mark joins him

Reaction score
Whoa, wait a second. This is the first Celebration I've attended since C3 back in 2005. Back then you got in line, bought an autograph, and got to take a quick pic with the actors. Are you saying that now when I get in line to get an autograph with Carrie Fisher or Ian McDiarmid, I won't be allowed to take a picture with them? I will instead have to pay extra $$$ to get in a different line just for a photo? Or are these just for optional "professional" photos perhaps?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thats correct.

Whoa, wait a second. This is the first Celebration I've attended since C3 back in 2005. Back then you got in line, bought an autograph, and got to take a quick pic with the actors. Are you saying that now when I get in line to get an autograph with Carrie Fisher or Ian McDiarmid, I won't be allowed to take a picture with them? I will instead have to pay extra $$$ to get in a different line just for a photo? Or are these just for optional "professional" photos perhaps?

Reaction score
All the Autograph guests (Or at least the big names) will be behind curtains when they sign for you. No photographs, at all. If you want a picture, you'll have to go through the photoshoot setup at the con. It'll be fast. You step in, smile, picture, and out for the next person.

A lot of people gripe about it, but it DOES make the signing go far more quickly.

Reaction score
James Arnold Taylors show starts 1st at 6:00 Mark goes on at 7:00 there is a 15 min intermission between the 2 shows...

Seriously tempted to get a photo of the gf and I with the Skywalker twins, but $195... damn. If that price included them autographing it, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Um, Anaheim, I think we have a problem...

Team-Up Photo-Ops
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
TeamUp - Light vs Dark (Hamill & McDiarmid)
n/a
5:15 pm
5:00 pm
3:15 pm
TeamUp - Master & Apprentice (McDiarmid & Park)
5:45 pm
4:00 pm
2:15 pm
TeamUp - Skywalker Twins (Fisher & Hamill)
n/a
6:15 pm
6:00 pm

Reaction score
A lot of people gripe about it, but it DOES make the signing go far more quickly.
I think a lot of the griping comes from the crazy prices they are charging for pictures. I am frankly surprised that the photographs are in some cases double what an autograph would cost. It seems like it started out as a legitimate plan to speed the autograph lines up and ended up being a way to suck BIG bucks out of our wallets.

Reaction score
I think a lot of the griping comes from the crazy prices they are charging for pictures. I am frankly surprised that the photographs are in some cases double what an autograph would cost. It seems like it started out as a legitimate plan to speed the autograph lines up and ended up being a way to suck BIG bucks out of our wallets.
They sucked big bucks out of me. I got my order in for the the Fisher/Hamill team up photo. I'm pretty excited about it!

I'm not into autographs at all so I don't have to worry about spending money on that. I'd rather someone not write on my photo/art/item. :whistling:

Reaction score
I've done the photo op thing, I didn't like it. I won't be doing it again. It's very impersonal as you get about 5 seconds or less with the actor/actress and they don't really say anything to you as there isn't enough time.
I got more interaction with the celebrity in doing autographs as you have about 30 seconds, sometimes more, with them. You get to shake their hand and look them in the eye when you speak with them.

Reaction score
I've done the photo op thing, I didn't like it. I won't be doing it again. It's very impersonal as you get about 5 seconds or less with the actor/actress and they don't really say anything to you as there isn't enough time.
I got more interaction with the celebrity in doing autographs as you have about 30 seconds, sometimes more, with them. You get to shake their hand and look them in the eye when you speak with them.
I guess that depends, I was wearing a "I had friends on that Death Star" shirt when we met Mark Hamil and we spent a little bit talking about it. Not minutes or anything but more then 5 seconds.

Reaction score
Are you allowed to bring props into the shoot? I bought a photo op with Hamill for the Thursday and I was hoping to borrow a couple of lightsabers off a couple of fellow attendees and have a shot with him with crossed swords or something like that?

Reaction score
Lay caution to the wind my friend.
Time is crucial and the powers that be
want to move the line along as quickly
as possible.

Reaction score
I'm super excited to get my photo taken with the Carrie and Mark at the same time! It may be overpriced, but it'll make a very cool conversation piece. I always choose one cast member photo for each Celebration I attend, but I don't usually spend the extra cash to get it augraphed.

Reaction score
I'm super excited to get my photo taken with the Carrie and Mark at the same time! It may be overpriced, but it'll make a very cool conversation piece. I always choose one cast member photo for each Celebration I attend, but I don't usually spend the extra cash to get it augraphed.
I'm in line with my girlfriend for the Mark and Carrie photo shoot. There are roughly 200-300 people in line in front of us. The photo shoot was to start at 6:15, but they are apparently taking all of the solo people for Carrie first, then all the solo people for Mark, and THEN all the people for both of them. We have a dinner reservation at Morton's at 8 for our anniversary, and since it is now almost 6:30, I don't see how we are possibly going to make it. This is ********.

Reaction score
I'm in line with my girlfriend for the Mark and Carrie photo shoot. There are roughly 200-300 people in line in front of us. The photo shoot was to start at 6:15, but they are apparently taking all of the solo people for Carrie first, then all the solo people for Mark, and THEN all the people for both of them. We have a dinner reservation at Morton's at 8 for our anniversary, and since it is now almost 6:30, I don't see how we are possibly going to make it. This is ********.
Yeah my wife and I were saying the same thing, we had the bash at 8. I can tell you Mark & Carrie were not impressed with Epic Photos, particularly Carrie. Epic would not allow them to interact with people at all which was BS! While we were within ear shot, Carrie called Epic nazis and said they weren't robots, then as we were walking out, flipped off the camera crew! My guess is Epic was rushing as they were running late, but that is no excuse.

Reaction score
Epic couldn't have been to strict considering carries dog was sitting on the chair next to her.

edited after I noticed the reply below...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I forgot to post this earlier. Did anyone else have issues with the size of their 8x10 photo?

Because there is a barcode sku on the front side edge of the 8x10 the actual picture is 8x9 7/8th...not 8x10 as advertised so it doesn't fit correctly in 8x10 matting/frames. Kind of stinks. Not sure why they couldn't have had that printed on the back.

Is that standard for epicphoto ops?