Celebration Anaheim: Hotels

Reaction score
Apparently update emails about the hotel block are coming to inboxes. (Of course, I haven't seen one yet despite signing up for them.)

But according to the Celebration site, here's the info:

We’re thrilled to announce that the official Star Wars Celebration hotel reservation portal will open soon for Star Wars Celebration ticket holders.
  • Jedi Master VIP ticket holders will have access to official room blocks on June 1, 2021 at 12:00 pm PT
  • All other ticket holders will have access to official room blocks on June 3, 2021 at 12:00 pm PT
  • Official room blocks will open to the general public on June 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm PT
Star Wars Celebration works directly with Connections Housing to offer the best room rates available at a wide selection of hotels near the Anaheim Convention Center. Please note: The Connections Housing call center will open on June 1st.
Jedi Master VIP ticket holders should receive an email from Star Wars Celebration on June 1st with more information on how to access the official Star Wars Celebration hotel reservation portal. All other current ticket holders will receive an email on June 3rd.

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I'm getting no email updates even though I'm a ticket holder. If I wasn't following things, I wouldn't even have known the dates were moved up.

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I'm getting no email updates even though I'm a ticket holder. If I wasn't following things, I wouldn't even have known the dates were moved up.
No problem. I didn't get any email either despite being a ticket holder and being signed up to the newsletter.

Reaction score
“ Jedi Master VIP ticket holders should receive an email from Star Wars Celebration on June 1st with more information on how to access the official Star Wars Celebration hotel reservation portal. All other current ticket holders will receive an email on June 3rd.”

Reaction score
I havent received any emails yet, and worried I wont get one for this either, and/or if I try to get hotels they won't have me registered as a ticket holder somehow.

Reaction score
Any Jedi Master VIPs have luck with the hotel bookings? Curious how smoothly the process went.

Reaction score
Any Jedi Master VIPs have luck with the hotel bookings? Curious how smoothly the process went.
Pretty smooth.. code arrived about an hour before noon, website unlocked exactly at noon. Got the hotel I wanted with no problem.

Reaction score
Did the hotels offer free cancelation and reserve now, pay when you stay or did you have to pay up front?

Reaction score
Hotels weren’t booked directly with the hotels until a month before. These bookings are reservations with the booking company that will process later. Only when it gets to a month out, will you actually get charged. Plus, there is free cancellation.

Reaction score
I did receive my email and code early this morning. 8 hours ago. Hope all you ticket holders get your info too.

Reaction score
Still waiting for an email here. I’ve received all the other official emails, so I’m hopeful it’ll go out soon.

Reaction score
For anyone like me who didnt get a code, there should be a little chat icon that floats at the bottom right of your browser (for me it only showed up in safari on my iphone). In the chat they will get you a code right away.

On the celebration site, I should have said.

Reaction score
I received my code this morning around 8:00.
I'm not sure if the code is ticket holder specific or universal to all.
Here is part of the e:mail I received.

Please note: This access code is intended for use by Star Wars Celebration ticket holders. Please do not share your special access code. Due to extremely limited availability, there is a maximum of 2 room reservations per ticket holder. Additional reservations may be canceled without notice.

Reaction score
Anyone else having any luck?? I wasn't able to book at my first several choices, and now the site isn't showing any hotels at all...

Reaction score
My reservation has been made. I had a 14 minute wait in the que line and was able to secure a room at the Courtyard by Marriott.
As close as you can get w/o being at the Hilton or Marriott.

The Hilton and the Marriott sold out. No surprise.

Now I wait till next year. Somewhere around February or March will be the time to start checking the hotels for openings.
As the con gets closer people will need to cancel for a variety of reasons.

Rooms were still available as of however the hotels are a mile or more away from the convention center.

Reaction score
After NUMEROUS searches, was able to grab the Hyatt Place near the convention center from 5/25-5/30. Need to keep on it to add 5/24 to get that extra day.

Queue was about 8-9 minutes for me.

Reaction score
Was only able to get for the night of the 25th and 28th. Having worked in hotels I know they will extend your reservation if you have bookend dates like that. Also, the main Marriott and Hilton websites aren't even available to the public yet for those dates.

Reaction score
Struck out on the nicer spots, but managed to get the Best Western Park Place for the entire period I wanted (5/23-5/30).

I’ll keep on the hunt for the next year, but if that’s the best I end up with I’ve got no complaints.

Reaction score
Went to the hotel sight-on time and in 5 minutes everything was gone! that's at the end of the waiting dots. I called Housing Connections and they said I'd be minus 1 day, and chech the rest of the year the closer it get's to Cele. I like leaving the day after, not the last day of the con. So ,I made reservations at the Hampton Inn 5 miles away for 25-30. I would've wished for a hotel right on the convention way, but I think I'm lucky to get all my days, this was at $116 a night too.

Reaction score
I'll do the check up stuff for Housing Connections, but due to it being a holiday, who knows everyone who may have reserved after this last years mess, may keep the reservations, who knows. I also had the Hilton Honors points and that really helped with the price.

Reaction score
Went to the hotel sight-on time and in 5 minutes everything was gone! that's at the end of the waiting dots. I called Housing Connections and they said I'd be minus 1 day, and chech the rest of the year the closer it get's to Cele. I like leaving the day after, not the last day of the con. So ,I made reservations at the Hampton Inn 5 miles away for 25-30. I would've wished for a hotel right on the convention way, but I think I'm lucky to get all my days, this was at $116 a night too.

Fortunately I checked the link 15 minutes early, 1:45 my time, and the portal was open. That 15 minute early open may be the reason why all of the walking distance hotels were sold out. Even at 15 minutes early I was 1480th in line and had to wait 14 minutes.

Reaction score
I'm glad you thought about being early, we should've done that too and were on the west coast, but, too late, less than 5 minutes and everything was gone! but 1480th in line! good grief! Are you close to the con. center now?

Reaction score
About the same distance from the con center as the Marriott. Maybe a minute or two farther away. The Courtyard is literally half a block away.
My wife and I logged on at the same time and she was 80 people ahead of me. She got the room while I searched for a another hotel with a lower price.
Alas, no luck on the backup.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was only able to get Springhill Suites from Wed-sun. I couldnt get any room anywhere Sunday night. I also got one night at Marriott. I asked for wiatlist to fill out both hotels. Tue-Mon, so we shall see. Generally, the whole experience sucked.

Reaction score
Apparently update emails about the hotel block are coming to inboxes. (Of course, I haven't seen one yet despite signing up for them.)

But according to the Celebration site, here's the info:

We’re thrilled to announce that the official Star Wars Celebration hotel reservation portal will open soon for Star Wars Celebration ticket holders.
  • Jedi Master VIP ticket holders will have access to official room blocks on June 1, 2021 at 12:00 pm PT
  • All other ticket holders will have access to official room blocks on June 3, 2021 at 12:00 pm PT
  • Official room blocks will open to the general public on June 10, 2021 at 12:00 pm PT
Star Wars Celebration works directly with Connections Housing to offer the best room rates available at a wide selection of hotels near the Anaheim Convention Center. Please note: The Connections Housing call center will open on June 1st.
Jedi Master VIP ticket holders should receive an email from Star Wars Celebration on June 1st with more information on how to access the official Star Wars Celebration hotel reservation portal. All other current ticket holders will receive an email on June 3rd.
A few thoughts/questions came to mind as I was reading this for the umpteenth time.
Official room blocks open to the general public on the 10th?????
I went back to the portal, entered my code word and the site states that "all rooms are sold out."
Then I logged in to the portal under the "I'm a fan" link and received the same message.
If all of the rooms are sold out how will there be rooms available to the general public?
Did the hotel's hold back rooms for the general public and not offer them to ticket holders?
If so, are there rooms at the Hilton and the Marriott that were not available to ticket holders?
Will ticket holders be able to access the site on the 10th and secure a better/closer room than we
could on the 3rd?????
I guess we will find out on the 10th.

Reaction score
VIP ticket holders got first priority on the 1st. I wonder how many rooms were in their block? I was there right on time the 3rd and in less than 5 minutes everything was gone for "other ticket holders catagory". I also would've liked the Marriot of Hilton(got points) right on the con. center road. since I had Hilton points I called around to Hilton owned hotels and found one, Hampton Inn. 5 miles down the road. for 6 days, I'll pay $614 and get a free breakfast too. the distance can be a pain, but the money saved makes up for that. Think about this, the mention of "general public' blocks sounds strange, but these people may be paying a small fortune just to be up close to the Con. center and think about the Memorial Day time period ,$$$ for businesses, let's hike up those prices!

Reaction score
Hike up those prices???? How about this!!
The Marriott now has rooms available for all days of the convention.
THE ROOMS ARE ONLY A MEASLY $919.00 PER NIGHT!!!