Celebration Anaheim: Hotels

Reaction score
So, staying at the Hilton....k, and originally I was going to be traveling with the wife (KING BED okay). Things changed, and now she is flying out a week later. But I'm now traveling with a buddy. (KING BED not okay).

I'm hoping the Hilton can get us two doubles.
Talked to a nice lady at the Hilton this afternoon, and was able to swap my King for 2 Queens.

Perfect.

#saynotobuddysnuggle

Reaction score
So i'm getting screwed by the Best western stovall, I used OnPeak. They say you can't park there before 3pm and check in is after 3pm. I asked them, where am I supposed to park and they said park at the convention, yet they are charging 10 dollars a day for parking, but appartently, showing up before 3pm to park in unacceptable. total BS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. When we went to Disneyland a couple of years ago we stayed at the Howard Johnson's. We got there about 9AM and I went in and told the front desk clerk that we had reservations for that evening but obviously I couldn't check in at 9AM and yet I still wanted to be able to park there. She gave me a card to place in my window saying I was a guest. Seems like every hotel along Harbor Blvd or in the area could easily do the same thing.

Not sure it would help - but is there a Best Western help line or email you could use to voice your displeasure? Maybe they can overrule the local office.

Reaction score
It's a customer service business. Bark up the right tree and you will get what you need. The people at the front desk are the lowest level of the totem pole. I guarantee if you call corporate customer service and tell them the front desk clerk was rude they will give a parking space. If you play your cards right you may get a code for a free stay in the future. It's costs them nothing to do that so they will to make an angry customer not give them a negative review online.

So i'm getting screwed by the Best western stovall, I used OnPeak. They say you can't park there before 3pm and check in is after 3pm. I asked them, where am I supposed to park and they said park at the convention, yet they are charging 10 dollars a day for parking, but appartently, showing up before 3pm to park in unacceptable. total BS.

Reaction score
It's a customer service business. Bark up the right tree and you will get what you need. The people at the front desk are the lowest level of the totem pole. I guarantee if you call corporate customer service and tell them the front desk clerk was rude they will give a parking space. If you play your cards right you may get a code for a free stay in the future. It's costs them nothing to do that so they will to make an angry customer not give them a negative review online.

Good advice and all, but I really don't want to **** off anyone there right now. They could just cancel my reservation and i'm stuck on the street for 3 nights. i have send them an email from facebook and see what they say, is anyone else staying there at the best western stovall? it's all I could get its about a block away.

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. When we went to Disneyland a couple of years ago we stayed at the Howard Johnson's. We got there about 9AM and I went in and told the front desk clerk that we had reservations for that evening but obviously I couldn't check in at 9AM and yet I still wanted to be able to park there. She gave me a card to place in my window saying I was a guest. Seems like every hotel along Harbor Blvd or in the area could easily do the same thing.

Not sure it would help - but is there a Best Western help line or email you could use to voice your displeasure? Maybe they can overrule the local office.

yeah, but did the hotel charge for parking per day and had gates? this one does.

Reaction score
They didn't charge for parking but did limit the lot to hotel guests. Everyone had a card on their dash or hanging from the mirror.

Even if they do charge - why not just charge you for Wednesday and let you park when you get there? Really an absurd policy to say you can't arrive before 3PM when they could just charge you for it. What difference does it make at that point?

I'm sure they would explain that they can't have X number of guests arrive early or it limits parking for guests already there. But still seems like they should be flexible with early arrivals. I'd assume most guests planning to go to Disney don't come AFTER 3:00 on their first day.

Edit: Reading reviews on Trip Advisor (trying hard to accomplish a lot at work today) there was at least one that mentioned they were told the lot was full one day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They didn't charge for parking but did limit the lot to hotel guests. Everyone had a card on their dash or hanging from the mirror.

Even if they do charge - why not just charge you for Wednesday and let you park when you get there? Really an absurd policy to say you can't arrive before 3PM when they could just charge you for it. What difference does it make at that point?

I'm sure they would explain that they can't have X number of guests arrive early or it limits parking for guests already there. But still seems like they should be flexible with early arrivals. I'd assume most guests planning to go to Disney don't come AFTER 3:00 on their first day.
Presumably checkout at the motel you're talking about is between 10 AM and Noon. So if they make people who check out leave the lot when they check out, then there should be a number of spaces open in their lot prior to 3 PM every day.

Reaction score
Hey I'm staying at the hilton if you still need a room we can add a cod im sure, pm me if interested.

Reaction score
Received my confirmation number from Anaheim Marriott today.
On-Peak has to send reservation info to Marriott who in turn
converted it into their system to give you the actual Anaheim
Marriott confirmation number. You must have the Anaheim
Marriott confirmation number in order to check in.

Reaction score
And I got my Doubletree reservation number on Thursday, the 9th (I called them the day before and they had me in their system finally).

Reaction score
It's as close to a Vegas hotel as I've been to in terms of multiple hallways and ways to get turned around when you get to your floor.

Reaction score
By any chance anyone has a spare couch for Thursday-Saturday? I decided to go to SWC 26 days ago and already have my photo ops, autographs, and 4 day badge, but no hotel. I would contribute to the cost of the room.

Reaction score
I checked into the Marriott yesterday. My room overlooks the convention center. I'm getting psyched for Celebration.

If anyone needs to ship anything, the FedEx store at the Marriott has the following hours:

M-F 7am-10pm
Sat & Sun 9am-5pm

Reaction score
I was originally given a double room at the Marriott, but I asked for a king and got it. I am here solo so there is now one more double available.

Last edited:
Reaction score
By any chance anyone has a spare couch for Thursday-Saturday? I decided to go to SWC 26 days ago and already have my photo ops, autographs, and 4 day badge, but no hotel. I would contribute to the cost of the room.
If you still need a place to crash let me know man.

Reaction score
Found out that the Anaheim Marriott wants $17.00 A DAY for WiFi service. Eff that.
Wow, when Darth Ludicrous thinks something's ludicrous, it's ludicrous!

j/k, but yes, it is ludicrous - the cheaper motel I'm currently in provides free wi-fi, but on moving to the much more expensive Hilton today, I'm certain I'll have to pay for the service.

Reaction score
Did anyone else get overcharged by the Hilton?

Oops, nevermind. They upgraded me to a "Disney View" room for $15 per night.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did anyone else get overcharged by the Hilton?

Oops, nevermind. They upgraded me to a "Disney View" room for $15 per night.

I wasn't impressed with Hilton and wrote a pretty thorough review on trip advisor. Wouldn't stay there again if given the choice.

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with Hilton and wrote a pretty thorough review on trip advisor. Wouldn't stay there again if given the choice.
Really? I thought it was overpriced, and the fact that 2 out of 8 elevators were out of order the whole time was ridiculous, but otherwise I was satisfied with my stay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really? I thought it was overpriced, and the fact that 2 out of 8 elevators were out of order the whole time was ridiculous, but otherwise I was satisfied with my stay.
I was told by one of the security guards that those elevators have been out of commission for the past 8 months. Then he told me something really shocking. He said the stairs only went to the forth floor and you had to take the elevator from there to the lobby. Think about that during a fire!!!

Needless to say, the wife and I WERE NOT IMPRESSED with the Hilton and if another celebration is back there, it's the Marriott next time. Though both charge for in room wifi...which is a crock!

Reaction score
That's not true about the stairs. I was on the 5th floor and took the stairs down every time I went. The stairwell went down to 3 and then you walked into the conference area and took a set of stairs down to 2 and then escalator to 1.

The stairwell actually went all the way to the ground but it was roped off as the doors apparently exited to the street.

Now that was stairwell #2 and there were multiples. But you definitely would not have to take the elevator in event of fire. No way the fire marshal would allow that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah the 2 elevators didn't work which would've made a huge difference. I had to haul my luggage down from the sixth floor on Sunday because I waited about 10 minutes for an empty elevator to no avail. Not to mention the wifi didn't work and the pool/hottub were being maintained. So why exactly was this $200/night?? My bathroom door handle was falling off and didn't have a lock either which is unnerving when you are staying with someone you don't know all that well. I will be staying at Mariott of this ever comes back to anaheim.

Last edited: