Celebration Anaheim: Hotels

Reaction score
You at the Hilton??
No, we have a room booked up the road a bit at the tropicana, where the hub's best friend booked. But, I was thinking it might be nice to be closer, as every step adds up for me. That, and being able to take the baby back to the hotel might be nice too. I was just wondering how close as I know they're right next door, but that doesn't mean it's less of a hike. At least, if it's anything like Vegas, you might wind up walking a mile just to get next door!

Reaction score
Hey isn't snuggle time a step up from the last celebration for you? For some reason I remember you saying something about sleeping on thr floor?
Close...we had three of us in a room with two double beds - the one bud got to have a bed to himself since he set up the reservation. So the other guy and I alternated between the other bed and a tiny cot in the middle of the room. I'm over 6ft4 and those nights on the cot sucked!!!

Reaction score
We ended up getting a room at the Anaheim Express Inn Maingate . It's less then 100 a night and about a 20 min. walk to the convention center. Made sure to get a room with a microwave and fridge so I wouldn't spend all my money on food at the convention center.

Reaction score
That's where the main entrance is to the convention center. But your guess is as good as mine regarding where Reed will have people entering to line up, where the meeting rooms are, where the exhibit hall entrance will be, etc.

Reaction score
We are staying in the tropicana by the DL entrance, i know they have shuttles from the park to the convetion center, and i think it was like $5 a person, it beats to have to try walk or park at the convention...and its like a 5 min ride, we also have a 1.5 yr old, so if we need to head back we can take the shuttle back to the DL entrance.

Reaction score
Between the Convention and DisneyLand, my wife and I decided to book a cheaper hotel. We're staying Extended Stay America, which is about 3 or 4 blocks away, so a little extra walking for me...

Reaction score
I booked a room at the Anaheim Plaza off of Katella and Harbor; about a block from convention center.

Driving from Las Vegas, so bringing a car full of vintage goodness to sell and trade!

Reaction score
Hope this is ok to post.

Just as an FYI if anyone has the Courtyard Anaheim check with Marriott directly. I saved $491 on my reservation by just booking directly with Marriott and prepaying. Marriott directly is cheaper then onpeak on every night except Friday and Saturday.

Reaction score
Hope this is ok to post.

Just as an FYI if anyone has the Courtyard Anaheim check with Marriott directly. I saved $491 on my reservation by just booking directly with Marriott and prepaying. Marriott directly is cheaper then onpeak on every night except Friday and Saturday.
I did this as well! Was much cheaper and more room options

Reaction score
Uh . . . speaking of Marriott, at the Anaheim Marriott there are a couple of interesting places.

There are so many places to eat and shop in Anaheim, I did a quick sweep in the surrounding area of a couple of well known establishments. Listed below are some familiar places you'll recognize.

ANAHEIM MARRIOTT - On property, Starbuck's, JW's Steakhouse, Cafe Del Sol

South of Marriott by mere feet - Denny's

1/2 mile North of Marriott - Disneyland, The Shop at Anaheim Gardenwalk, Bar Louie, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., P.F. Chang's China Bistro, The Cheesecake Factory, Cinemafusion 14/IMAX . . . and more

1 mile South of Marriott - McDonald's, IHOP . . . more

3/4 mile South of Marriott - Outback Steakhouse, Target, Walgreen's, Vons Grocery Store, Joe's Crab Shack, Grand China Restaurant . . . and more

Food trucks/wagons, I've heard, are also aplenty around the convention center.

Reaction score
I've got no worries and saving money not having to get a hotel. I have an old friend that lives out there so im staying with them and they are coming to the show for their first time. So i get to bbq and eat good home cook meals instead of fast food.

Reaction score
I may have an extra reservation at the Marriott next to convention center or the Clarion right there as well. If you are interested, please let me know.

Reaction score
I have 2 rooms at the Anaheim Hilton that I no longer need (ended up renting a house with some friends). Just checking if anyone wants them before I cancel my reservation. PM me if interested.

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a room at the Hilton I'm looking to share if anyone is interested let me know. I'm 32/m from Florida.

Reaction score
Hey man was wondering if you were still looking for a partner to share the room with. Currently I'm booked at the hilton lone wolfing it, but would much rather split the costs with someone.

Reaction score
Sooooo we're thinking about moving hotels to the Hilton so we're closer to the action. We MIGHT have a friend split it with us, but it's not guaranteed. Think it's worth paying double what we're paying what we paid for our other hotel that is a bit further away? (There's no cancellation fee)

Reaction score
Sooooo we're thinking about moving hotels to the Hilton so we're closer to the action. We MIGHT have a friend split it with us, but it's not guaranteed. Think it's worth paying double what we're paying what we paid for our other hotel that is a bit further away? (There's no cancellation fee)
I think only you can answer that. Is the extra money going to mean there are things you wanted to do that you'll have to pass on now? Is the convenience of walling across the street to your hotel, versus 3/4 of a mile to your hotel worth that money? To me it is, but everyone's situation is different.

Reaction score
If my wife wouldn't kill me for spending 3x the amount on a hotel I would totally switch to the Hilton.

Reaction score
Hilton. Where the coolest kids are.

Do it.

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Hilton as well, and thanks to another RS member I got a great deal out of it. Snoogins.

Jez

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that this is accurate, i've just been through every page since this was last updated.

DisneyLand Hotel

Rnbuda
nsucolonel

Hilton
ISDavenger
Leia
deathstar1000
JediEddy & Wife
Navarr and wife
DarthWaller
Sebswgougou
jimjimmyjones85
maniac79
Kenner76
Lordvader1216
Draven29 (& son)
Vaderperp
DarthBeek
SoonerSean
Primetime Jedi
Exciter
kenbenobi
QuinnJedi
Jetson
BlueSnag (wife, son, daugther & brother)
JediHulk
Epsilonjedi
Lemcool

Marriott
Kenobi77
MusicalJedi and wife/son + mother possibly
Jedimom
9ZharTahJot9
jedijaysin
Antman
Darthblu3
Quinnjedi
Jetson
jedipaladin

Unsure (Hilton or Marriott)
Sylvius
SalaciousCrumb

Clarion
grizzzzlies
ddoughboy1978 and the wife!

Grand Californian Hotel
SW987 and family
darth_saber and wife
Holla300 and Girlfriend

Double Tree
Jez
Grant
UMichJedi
obiwopkenobi62
SolidLiquidFox
LordAXL

Tropicana
Fett

Best Western
GMillerCollector
Mike_S
The_Chosen_1
captsithpark
razagul & wife
groove790
Kevin Lentz
Darthderek & wife

Embassy Suites
Raul

Hampton Inn
Pohatu771

Island Inn & Suites
Echo3

Travel Lodge Inn and Suits
CaptainAlex

Anaheim Hacienda Inn And Suite
Hutt

Courtyard
Afallingmellon and 5 friends

Anaheim Express Inn Maingate
Wolfdog51

Extended Stay America
Co_Jo_Dai

Anaheim Plaza off of Katella and Harbor
Rob Daugherty

Not long now :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
DisneyLand Hotel
Rnbuda
nsucolonel

Hilton
ISDavenger
Leia
deathstar1000
JediEddy & Wife
Navarr and wife
DarthWaller
Sebswgougou
jimjimmyjones85
maniac79
Kenner76
Lordvader1216
Draven29 (& son)
Vaderperp
DarthBeek
SoonerSean
Primetime Jedi
Exciter
kenbenobi
QuinnJedi
Jetson
JediHulk
Epsilonjedi
Lemcool

Marriott
Kenobi77
Jedimom
9ZharTahJot9
jedijaysin
Antman
Darthblu3
Quinnjedi
Jetson
jedipaladin

Unsure (Hilton or Marriott)
Sylvius
SalaciousCrumb

Clarion
grizzzzlies
ddoughboy1978 and the wife!

Grand Californian Hotel
SW987 and family
darth_saber and wife
Holla300 and Girlfriend

Double Tree
Jez
Grant
UMichJedi
obiwopkenobi62
SolidLiquidFox
LordAXL

Tropicana
Fett

Best Western
GMillerCollector
Mike_S
The_Chosen_1
captsithpark
razagul & wife
groove790
Kevin Lentz
Darthderek & wife

Embassy Suites
Raul

Hampton Inn
Pohatu771

Island Inn & Suites
Echo3

Travel Lodge Inn and Suits
CaptainAlex

Anaheim Hacienda Inn And Suite
Hutt

Courtyard
Afallingmellon and 5 friends
Dave_Williams

Anaheim Express Inn Maingate
Wolfdog51

Extended Stay America
Co_Jo_Dai

Anaheim Plaza off of Katella and Harbor
Rob Daugherty

Reaction score
I'll be staying at the LaQuinta Inn. It's half a mile away so I'm surprised no one else has chimed in for that hotel.

Reaction score
DisneyLand Hotel
Rnbuda
nsucolonel

Hilton
ISDavenger
Leia
deathstar1000
JediEddy & Wife
Navarr and wife
DarthWaller
Sebswgougou
jimjimmyjones85
maniac79
Kenner76
Lordvader1216
Draven29 (& son)
Vaderperp
DarthBeek
SoonerSean
Primetime Jedi
Exciter
kenbenobi
QuinnJedi
Jetson
JediHulk
Epsilonjedi
Lemcool

Marriott
Kenobi77
Jedimom
9ZharTahJot9
jedijaysin
Antman
Darthblu3
Quinnjedi