Celebration Anaheim: Hotels

Reaction score
I only booked it for 4 people. I just don't see how a few young children would cause any harm. Just my thought

Reaction score
I agree with you. But some hotels only allow four and don't make a distinction on the ages and thus require an additional room.

Like if you book a package with Disney (including park tickets and the like) and you enter 5 - they will give you far fewer hotel options than if you said 4. But in that case you kind of have to tell the truth because all of you need tickets (over a certain age).

We just stayed at the Hilton NY in Midtown and there was a stated limited of 4 people per room. So that's how I booked it but there were 5 of us in the room counting the kids and it wasn't a problem for us.

I checked the Anaheim Marriott on Harbour Drive and it appears they only have suites. So they allow up to 6 in a room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. But for example the Residence Inn at Disneyland requires you to get a suite if you have more than 4 to a room vs. a standard double bed room.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with you. But some hotels only allow four and don't make a distinction on the ages and thus require an additional room.

Like if you book a package with Disney (including park tickets and the like) and you enter 5 - they will give you far fewer hotel options than if you said 4. But in that case you kind of have to tell the truth because all of you need tickets (over a certain age).

We just stayed at the Hilton NY in Midtown and there was a stated limited of 4 people per room. So that's how I booked it but there were 5 of us in the room counting the kids and it wasn't a problem for us.

I checked the Anaheim Marriott on Harbour Drive and it appears they only have suites. So they allow up to 6 in a room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. But for example the Residence Inn at Disneyland requires you to get a suite if you have more than 4 to a room vs. a standard double bed room.
By the time Celebration Anaheim comes around, my son will be 5 and my daughter 2.

Reaction score
Given the choice, would you guys choose the Hilton $199 or the Hilton Doubletree for $180?

I ask because the Hilton Doubletree seems to be guaranteed 2 Queen/Queen bed SUITE. The Hilton seems to be just double occupancy (with a request for 2 double beds as the only option there was so who knows what we get).

Anyone have any insight from staying on both of these hotels at some point?

Reaction score
I'd pick the Hilton just for the fact that it is literally right next to the con.

Reaction score
Given the choice, would you guys choose the Hilton $199 or the Hilton Doubletree for $180?

I ask because the Hilton Doubletree seems to be guaranteed 2 Queen/Queen bed SUITE. The Hilton seems to be just double occupancy (with a request for 2 double beds as the only option there was so who knows what we get).

Look outside the official block, you'll save a ton of money.

Reaction score

It all depends, are you going alone, or with a group of people. Do you need 2 queen size beds? Are you going to being cos-playing, if so then you may want something closer. You can look out of the block if you don't mind walking extra distance, up to a mile away, from the con. Are you going to be spending alot of money at the con? If you are then find someplace cheaper would be better. I, myself, don't really buy a lot at these conventions and am willing to spend more money to have the closest hotel for the convenience.

Reaction score
It all depends, are you going alone, or with a group of people. Do you need 2 queen size beds? Are you going to being cos-playing, if so then you may want something closer. You can look out of the block if you don't mind walking extra distance, up to a mile away, from the con. Are you going to be spending alot of money at the con? If you are then find someplace cheaper would be better. I, myself, don't really buy a lot at these conventions and am willing to spend more money to have the closest hotel for the convenience.
I, on the other hand, do buy a fair amount and like a close hotel so I can walk back and drop stuff off from time to time.

More importantly, I walk a lot - A LOT - at conventions, so the less I have to walk outside the convention, the better!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I always budget for the high end hotels.
Done the hotels further away for saving a buck and those hotels right next door.
What are your priorities when it comes to accommodations? Either way, I just
have to save up to make myself as comfortable as possible. I plan every major
event as if it's my last so I won't be crying in my beer later thinking I should
have gone the extra mile for convenience.

Reaction score
I always budget for the high end hotels.
Done the hotels further away for saving a buck and those hotels right next door.
What are your priorities when it comes to accommodations? Either way, I just
have to save up to make myself as comfortable as possible. I plan every major
event as if it's my last so I won't be crying in my beer later thinking I should
have gone the extra mile for convenience.
When I was a kid and we traveled - which was a lot - we always stayed in the cheapest place my dad could find as he rationalized that we were just there to sleep. While I don't look back on those days with anything but happiness and wish he was still around - I did vow that when I was an adult and traveling that I'd stay in the best places I could (within reason). But I definitely agree with your point here about convenience. I stayed at the Doubletree Castle for CV (since changed to a Holiday Inn I think) and for CVI I stayed at the Orlando Hilton which was still not right next door - but was much closer than the Doubletree. I enjoyed it a lot more being that much closer. I had a reservation at the Rosen and would have been right there at the con - but switched when Hilton gave me a better deal due to their Hilton Honors program. But everyone has to do what they're comfortable with on the finances side.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I was a kid and we traveled - which was a lot - we always stayed in the cheapest place my dad could find as he rationalized that we were just there to sleep. While I don't look back on those days with anything but happiness and wish he was still around - I did vow that when I was an adult and traveling that I'd stay in the best places I could (within reason). But I definitely agree with your point here about convenience. I stayed at the Doubletree Castle for CV (since changed to a Holiday Inn I think) and for CVI I stayed at the Orlando Hilton which was still not right next door - but was much closer than the Doubletree. I enjoyed it a lot more being that much closer. I had a reservation at the Rosen and would have been right there at the con - but switched when Hilton gave me a better deal due to their Hilton Honors program. But everyone has to do what they're comfortable with on the finances side.
Absolutely! Great point.
When i went to SDCC in 09', I stayed right next door at the Marriott Marina.
Expensive as h*ll but I knew that going in. Thanks to my Marriott member
card and AAA, I saved $278 per night on a $538 per night rate. And the
balconey view looking over the harbor was worth the price!

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those of us staying at the Hilton, saw this posted on FB...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I took that blurry pic of the Hilton lobby. Checked in Wednesday and leaving tomorrow. It's a nice hotel. Nothing special from a room standpoint - clean and looks up-to-date. Lobby is undergoing a remodel to the right of the pic above. Will have a large bar and seating area. There's a food court with a sub place, Mexican food, pizza and a grill for burgers and the like. It's attached to the convention center but I haven't walked down there yet (too tired from all the walking at Disney).

It's a pretty large hotel. You come off the elevators and there's hallways like a Vegas hotel. Easy to get turned around. And there is a garage but you have to pay to park. I think it's $18 per day.

The hotel has a stocked gift shop for sundries and the like and there's a 7-Eleven and small grocery about a block away. Plenty of places to eat and the like due to the proximity to the parks. People will enjoy the location.

Reaction score
Thanks to Disney the area around the con center is crowded with hotels. This Celebration will be similar to Orlando in that regard. There's the Hilton, Marriott and a Sheraton either attached or a short walk. Then dozens of small hotel/motel places along Harbor Drive. So long as individual hotels get good reviews (I use Trip Advisor) people should be fine. And there appears to be a pretty good shuttle system (for a fee) that runs up and down Harbor Drive and to Disney). We rented a car since we went down to SDCC so I can't comment on airport transportation.

Reaction score
Where does everyone think that the autograph guests will be staying? Better yet, does anyone know? I have always got lucky and stayed at the same hotel as them at celebrations past. Somehow, they always manage to add to the fun at the hotel for me. Meeting, hanging out with, etc...

Reaction score
OT Salacious Crumb: like your signature ....had pretty much the same experience with GG.

Reaction score
The 501st will be staying at the Marriot. Usually the RS rooms sales and party are at the same hotel. Book your rooms guys it will be fun.

Reaction score
The 501st will be staying at the Marriot. Usually the RS rooms sales and party are at the same hotel. Book your rooms guys it will be fun.
A lot of the room sales regulars are at the Hilton this year. Just sayin. ;)

Reaction score
Booked my room at the Marriott last year.
Mini party planning started as soon as the 501st
announcement.
Ya-Hoo!:grin:

Reaction score
What sucks is I was trying to book a vacation package through the Disneyland website and they have all of he Good Neighbor hotels blocked off for that week.

Reaction score
I've been booking hotel reservations since 1972 for
various entertainment venues. Never worked so hard
trying to get a room in the 21st Century.There's
something wrong with that. SDCC, D*Con, MCCC
and the Celebration conventions will wear you out after
being online and on the cell trying to get an agent
for a couple of rooms. It's crazy.

Reaction score
Via email, I received my hotel reservations for the Anaheim Marriott
by ONPEAK requesting that I review everything to see if I wanted
to change accommodations, etc.,. But make sure if you have booked
more than one room a different name is assigned to that room.
Although I made the reservations, my name and a attendee's name
showed up on my notice.

"Individual names must be provided to Group blocks by 03/09/2015.
Any reservations without an assigned name will be subjected to
cancellation on 03/09/2015."

It appears that the tax, for the daily rate, was added also.

This is the email I've been waiting for. I received the same notice for CV and CVI.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
After I log in and try to edit my reservation I keep getting an error:

We're sorry, there was a problem with your request.Our IT team has been notified and we'll work to fix things as soon as possible.
Please try again in a few minutes or email customerservice@onpeak.com for assistance.

Anyone else get this?

Reaction score
After going through a bunch of reviews, the Anaheim Marriott seems to get slightly better ones so I guess that we are going with that one. The new $11 million dollar renovation and people criticizing the Hilton's slow / inadequate elevators make me slightly favor the Marriott.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I stayed at the Hilton this summer and didn't notice anything odd about the elevators. Hmm.

Now that said... there weren't anywhere near as many people staying there at the time as will be there for Celebration.

The Hilton this morning had rooms available starting at $260/night. The OnPeak reservation I have was for less than $200. I was checking just to see if I might could save money like I did for the last Orlando convention but in this case the OnPeak reservation is still a better deal.

Reaction score
Just FYI

I had my reservation set from the 15th - 23th at the Hilton Anaheim at $200 a night.

I went to Hilton's site directly and they had 20th and up for $159 a night.

I changed my reservation through OnPeak from the 15th - 20th and booked through Hilton's site from the 20th - 24th.

I ended up adding a day and saving money going this way.

So if you are planning to stay after the con, check the hotel sites directly. They may have better deals for the days after the con.

Reaction score
The last time this list was on here was page 8. Could everyone update it if you haven't already? Thanks.

Hilton

deathstar1000
JediEddy & Wife
Navarr and wife
DarthWaller
Sebswgougou
jimjimmyjones85
maniac79
Kenner76
Draven29 (& son)
Vaderperp
BF3000
DarthBeek
SoonerSean
Primetime Jedi
Exciter
kenbenobi
QuinnJedi
Jetson
BlueSnag (wife, son, daugther & brother)

Marriott
Kenobi77
MusicalJedi and wife/son + mother possibly
Jedimom
9ZharTahJot9
jedijaysin

Unsure (Hilton or Marriott)
Sylvius
SalaciousCrumb

Clarion
grizzzzlies
ddoughboy1978 and the wife!

Grand Californian Hotel
SW987 and family
darth_saber and wife
Holla300 and Girlfriend

Double Tree
ECHO_3
UMichJedi
obiwopkenobi62
SolidLiquidFox
LordAXL

Best Western
GMillerCollector
Mike_S
The_Chosen_1
captsithpark
razagul & wife (changed my Clarion, fortunately :) )
groove790

Embassy Suites
CaptainAlex

Reaction score
Hilton
deathstar1000
JediEddy & Wife
Navarr and wife
DarthWaller
Sebswgougou
jimjimmyjones85
maniac79
Kenner76
Draven29 (& son)
Vaderperp
BF3000
DarthBeek
SoonerSean
Primetime Jedi
Exciter
kenbenobi
QuinnJedi
Jetson
BlueSnag (wife, son, daugther & brother)

Marriott
Kenobi77
MusicalJedi and wife/son + mother possibly
Jedimom
9ZharTahJot9
jedijaysin
Antman

Unsure (Hilton or Marriott)
Sylvius
SalaciousCrumb

Clarion
grizzzzlies
ddoughboy1978 and the wife!

Grand Californian Hotel
SW987 and family
darth_saber and wife
Holla300 and Girlfriend

Double Tree
ECHO_3
UMichJedi
obiwopkenobi62
SolidLiquidFox
LordAXL

Best Western
GMillerCollector
Mike_S
The_Chosen_1
captsithpark
razagul & wife (changed my Clarion, fortunately :) )
groove790

Embassy Suites
CaptainAlex

Reaction score
Already have my Hilton reservation for Celebration, but about to book my stay for the following week.

:)

Reaction score
Hilton, checking today, is quite a bit more than the OnPeak price. I keep checking hoping it will go the other way - which is the experience I had both years in Orlando. But so far Hilton is sticking firm to their rates.