Celebration Anaheim: Guests

Reaction score
If paying fans are not allowed to slow down the line to chat or take pictures, then media should not be allowed to either. There's a media room at every convention. If "media outlets" want to talk to Mark, or Carrie, or Ian then there should be tikes set aside for them to do a press conference style interview in the media room, assuming the celeb is amenable to that.
I agree with you, I told some small media guys no and turned them away at lines, told them to come back when they wasnt busy. I also noticed alot of bs media guys for their podcast and just wanted to talk to every actor they could and wouldnt shut up. And then you had the trollies who just want to go up and say hi then tell the actor their life story. Which is really frustrating , and you try to be nice and tell them to move along and they just keep talking and give you a dirty look or complain you was being mean and ruined their show. Which they dont realize they are taking up time while others are waiting. They should go talk to the actors not busy and when some one wants a autogragh then move along. Seen alot of selfishness at this show and alot of rude people this time around.

Reaction score
I was in the Rebels cast line. They only signed Sunday for 2 hours, break 1 hour, than back another 2.

I was four lines deep. I was told no personalization and no pics. I was fine with that, since of their limited time.

Once the line started, it was moving smoothly, then after about 15 mins, someone ask for a pic and is able to get one. Of course, then everyone is trying to get pics when they get up to the table. The line just slowed down drastically. I took me 1 hour to go through the first line with 3 to go. I called it quits after that, since I would have spent all my Sunday there. Thankfully, I was able to sell my autograph tickets.

When it's a highly limited time with the actors, they definitely need to enforce the rules IMO.

Also, there should be a one sig limit for everyone (in regards to the actors with BIG lines). You want another sig, go to the back of the line or do the drop off.

Reaction score
And then you had the trollies who just want to go up and say hi then tell the actor their life story. Which is really frustrating , and you try to be nice and tell them to move along and they just keep talking and give you a dirty look or complain you was being mean and ruined their show. Which they dont realize they are taking up time while others are waiting. They should go talk to the actors not busy and when some one wants a autogragh then move along. Seen alot of selfishness at this show and alot of rude people this time around.
I saw a lot of that too. On one occasion, a group of three people in front of me took so long talking to one of the actors (one of the ticketed ones) that when it came time for me, I didn't even get a glance or a chance to talk. That was upsetting, especially after waiting hours in that particular line.

The only other 'problem' I had was when I went to get a signature from someone--one of the ones who didn't have a line. There was one man talking to the actor and then he got his poster signed. Then the man wanted a photo and afterwards talked more about the actor's appearances in the films. Naturally, there's no problem with any of this. So the man moves away to pack up his stuff and I move up to get my item signed. So when the actor finishes signing for me, I try to initiate a conversation of thanks, but the actor's eyes go to my right because the man who was in front of me is hovering there and the man start's talking to the actor again. So I just left. It could be me, but I thought that was rude of the man since I feel he had his (lengthy) opportunity already.

Reaction score
Yeah, though I wasn't able to attend C7 because of money and time it stinks there wasn't a good sense order. I went to C2 and man, that was a fiasco. To me C5 and C6 were handled much batter in my mind. I really had a blast but yeah, that was pretty rude of the guy to loiter around after he already had a lengthy chat with the actor. He should have just moved on.

Reaction score
Did everyone else experience Carrie's dog (Gary) and get a picture with him? My friend had his picture taken with Carrie, Gary had his own chair and was looking straight at the camera like he was posing.

Not very professional, but that's what you get with Carrie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a picture with Carrie at Salt Lake Comic Con earlier this year. There were two chairs set up, one for her and one for her dog. I thought that was lame that I spent good money to get a picture and I couldn't even sit down next to her. I ended up cutting out Gary on the picture I got with Carrie.

Sounds like that was the same type of thing at CVII. I've decided that for me, the whole picture thing is kind of silly as you get about 3 seconds with the actor/actress and then you're hustled away. I opted against doing it for CVII.

I didn't have any problems in the autograph hall. I had to wait in line forever, but I was expecting that. I met some cool people though, which is what we do at SW Celebtrations, right? I didn't have anyone talking to the actors for any unusual length of time in my lines.

I'm glad I did get Kenny Baker's autograph though. I heard that they oversold it. I know I had a lower number and still had to wait until Saturday to get a signature when my number came up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got a lot of Star Wars actor autographs this time, overall I feel that the Celebration was a success.

However, I wish we could've had more Prequel guests, but I don't think we'll see that for a couple of years with Disney/Lucasfilm seemingly wanting to move on from the Prequels. I understand why they want to move forward and focus on the Sequels and Anthology films, but they should still own the Prequels and be proud of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with you, I told some small media guys no and turned them away at lines, told them to come back when they wasnt busy. I also noticed alot of bs media guys for their podcast and just wanted to talk to every actor they could and wouldnt shut up. And then you had the trollies who just want to go up and say hi then tell the actor their life story. Which is really frustrating , and you try to be nice and tell them to move along and they just keep talking and give you a dirty look or complain you was being mean and ruined their show. Which they dont realize they are taking up time while others are waiting. They should go talk to the actors not busy and when some one wants a autogragh then move along. Seen alot of selfishness at this show and alot of rude people this time around.

dude that sucks, I dislike rude people. Unfortunately with SW Celebrations getting more popular we might be seeing more casual fans who don't quite understand the spirit of Celebration and will be selfish.

Also, I looked for you at the autograph hall, but didn't see you. I hope you got some good swag this time.

Reaction score
Pffft at C6 or maybe c5 Gary autographed my Leia print..True story lol