Celebration Anaheim: Exclusives

Reaction score
i don't know what happened the next four hours after i left but it would not "shock" me if most stuff did get bought out by people either waiting to go after the line were done or wanted to make some extra money.
My guess is you'll see the leftovers in London next year.

As for the Salacious Crumb clock, I'm pretty happy I decided to buy one because it's pretty cool. Be careful though because the mechanism in the back that makes the eyes and tail move is long and thin and probably very easy to break. Also, the clock hands are not protected in any way and could be easily broken by rough handling. That said, they did a great job of packaging them - I brought mine home in my checked suitcase and it made it through two flights and the associated baggage abuse in perfect condition, and worked as soon as I popped the battery in.

Reaction score
Not liking reading about the store issues. After countless conventions this seems like a stupid issue to have.
I mean seriously, they always use volunteers to check folks out. They either need serious training or real employees working the checkout lines.

Reaction score
How do I make the Max Rebo plush talk? I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Reaction score
I don't have mine yet, but this is what someone told me:

You have to squeeze the front of his keyboard holding the "I Talk" button and the corner of his keyboard with your thumb and forefinger.

Seems complicated, but let me know if it works.

Reaction score

You have to squeeze the front of his keyboard holding the "I Talk" button and the corner of his keyboard with your thumb and forefinger.

Yes, all you have do is press on the "I Talk" spot. It took me a few minutes in the Celebration store before I stumbled on how to play it. I squeezed Max Rebo everywhere (Sorry Max, it's not personal). Other people were stumped as well on how to get it to work.

They should've used "Press Here" instead of "I Talk". But then again, I don't make them.

Reaction score

Oh my gosh, thank you! I was pressing everywhere and every variation of the "I talk", but not the right spot. When I was in the store I figured there was one of those tabs in the battery compartment I couldn't find.

Reaction score
Still looking for the celebration program book that was sold in the store. If anyone has one for sale would love to get one.. thank you

Reaction score
Anyone doing any patch trading of the celebration patches? I have extras of 5 of the 6 pieces to the collecting track BB-8 patch and also Boba Fett, Zuckus, & Bossk to the bounty hunter patch. Shoot me a PM if interested in trading. I'd be looking for stand alone patches in trade.

Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up an extra Hallmark ornament for any scummers that might not have got one. I'm not trying to make any money off it, so $40 and the shipping unless you are around Chico, CA and we could meet up. I would love to trade it for the Han Trash compactor if anyone has one laying around.

Also,

I have a Han on Hoth star tot and a Tie fighter pilot to trade. Looking for Ugnaught and Dengar.
I want to give my thanks and appreciation to Dan Solo for the fantastic transaction for the Hallmark Celebration exclusive. I am thrilled to have this and I appreciate him extending out the offer to our community.

Reaction score
I need the Under 6 badge. I want it for my son. They ran out and I didn't even know this one existed until the last day.
I got one for my son at the medical badge desk. Before that, I didn't even know he needed one. PM me if you still need one.

Reaction score
I feel that if you bought a 4 day badge you should at least get an honest shot at getting most of the store exclusives. Every day the pins were sold out in the first 10 minutes except for Sunday where they were just sold out. They made such a big deal out of the pins, they had a whole page of their website dedicated to it. It's crazy how limited they became. Also there were not many volunteers or crew members to trade with. I only knew of the ones at the store or waiting in the morning line. It amazes me how much money they leave on the table by not producing enough supply.

Also the lanyards, programs, patches and millennium falcon pens were basically sold out on Friday. They ALWAYS sell out of these items, how much could they possibly cost to make! Also the OfficialPix Binder sold out on Thursday, and none even ended up on eBay so they must be rare. It's the first time I didn't get one.

Reaction score
The store is easily the most frustrating thing about the show. There is so much money they could make if they did it right. More product and a better check-out process would do wonders for their pocketbook. I think they should do a preorder and pickup at the show option.

I don't understand why some basic items are so limited. If they're worried about overstock, I'm sure someone like Big Bad Toy Store or Think Geek would be glad to sell those after the show.

Reaction score
I feel that if you bought a 4 day badge you should at least get an honest shot at getting most of the store exclusives. Every day the pins were sold out in the first 10 minutes except for Sunday where they were just sold out. They made such a big deal out of the pins, they had a whole page of their website dedicated to it. It's crazy how limited they became. Also there were not many volunteers or crew members to trade with. I only knew of the ones at the store or waiting in the morning line. It amazes me how much money they leave on the table by not producing enough supply.

Also the lanyards, programs, patches and millennium falcon pens were basically sold out on Friday. They ALWAYS sell out of these items, how much could they possibly cost to make! Also the OfficialPix Binder sold out on Thursday, and none even ended up on eBay so they must be rare. It's the first time I didn't get one.
Well if anyone is looking for pins I have a few that I am selling.

Reaction score
Mine too. I can get the time to go, but the pendulum won't swing. Did you get yours from Eric also?
I had to replace out the battery and I had to spend sometime making sure I had it balanced on my office wall in order to get it working. Like 3PO it is very particular and fussy.

Reaction score
Oh, sorry, Eric! Yeah, I tried a new battery. Maybe a different kind? It is really fussy, no question. I love it, but man, what a challenge!

Reaction score
Looking for a Battlefront shirt from the panel if someone is willing to part with theirs at a reasonable price.

Reaction score
The store is easily the most frustrating thing about the show. There is so much money they could make if they did it right. More product and a better check-out process would do wonders for their pocketbook. I think they should do a preorder and pickup at the show option.

I don't understand why some basic items are so limited. If they're worried about overstock, I'm sure someone like Big Bad Toy Store or Think Geek would be glad to sell those after the show.

This is what I was thinking the whole time I was standing in line at the store. They need to have a preorder option for at least two reasons: 1- they can have a better idea of how much product they need to make, 2- so we, as fans, can pick out what we want, pay for it in advance and then pick it up, decreasing the amount of time spent in lines and such. I'm sure there's more reasons than that.

I'm not even going to comment on the collector's pin fiasco. \

I don't get why ReedPop was so unprepared for the store this time around. This isn't their first SW Celebration and it's definitely not their first convention. I went to NYCC a couple of times, and it was way smoother than this Celebration.

Reaction score
you're right. They have some stuff on their website right now. Death Star soccerball, Death Star fuzzy dice, sushi set, Space Slug jack in the box, Chewbacca sock wookiee, Max Rebo. No apparel though.
The store was a fiasco from the preview day until the end! I have said it already GET PEOPLE WHO WORK IN STORE TO MAN THE TILLS!! its not rocket science! Keep vendors OUT and if any vendor is found selling item on on the hall floor have said items removed! Having a pre order is so obvious its frightening they have yet to think it for themselves and god only knows what London holds if they had YEARS to prepare for C7!

Reaction score
a pre-order of product from the store would be a no brainer. they could handle it like they did with the program and lanyard pre-order. fans order the merchandise beforehand and then pick it up at will call. upon arrival all the items are already bagged and ready for pick-up.

also they need to make larger sized apparel as well. perhaps some XLT and 3XLT stuff as well. I went to the store the first day of the convention and things were already sold out within the first 15 minutes and the sizes were only 2X or smaller. I'm a big guy and need at least 3XLT in a t-shirt. (and I'm sure I'm not the only SW fan that would benefit from larger clothing options.)

the lines were beyond crazy... I waited in line for 2+ hours and by the time I reached the checkout the exclusive pins were already sold out. the pins were handled very poorly. here's hoping that Reed learns from this mistake when CVIII comes around.

Reaction score
Judging by the cluster **** of ordering tickets for NYCC for this fall I think any lessons learned about the concepts of supply and demand plus fandom are bypassing them.