Celebration Anaheim: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Reaction score
Can anyone answer these two questions for me:

1. Is Downtown Disney actually inside the park? Or is it just like an eating/shopping/promenade type area close the park? Can I stop in without paying park admission?

2. Can I get a Dole Whip anywhere without paying park admission?

I'd like to hit these two highlights, but I just don't have the time/cash/desire to devote to a whole day at the park.
I don't know if they still do this, but years ago when they first released the Star Tours figures I was able to purchase a shopper's pass for Disneyland. They charge your card for park admission and let you in for an hour, if you don't come back in time, they don't refund your admission.

I'll be at the parks on Wednesday, so I'll be getting a Dole Whip then.

Reaction score
I will most likely be exhausted but I would love to meet up for some drinks and food after the show (and a shower :grin:). I will be getting in around the 15th. If anyone would like to meet up, PM me so we can get in contact and share more details about what to do. I will most likely make it a daily meet-up until we all return to our normal lives :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Our family will hang out in Disneyland after most nights (we have the AP, but it doesn't work that Saturday). Looking forward to seeing all the Star Wars people filling the park! :)

Reaction score
Our family will hang out in Disneyland after most nights (we have the AP, but it doesn't work that Saturday). Looking forward to seeing all the Star Wars people filling the park! :)
That should be hella fun, sw fans taking over Dland.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know about any pre-Celebration breakfasts, like LEGO or 501st, etc... ?

Reaction score
Haven't heard of any pre-show breakfasts yet. I really do miss the old Fan Club breakfasts... :'(

Reaction score
Forgive me in this located in the wrong area, but does anybody plan on trading at the show? I remember a room at C6 specifically for trading vintage and newer star wars items. Does anyone have any info for a C7 trade room? Thanks

Reaction score
Forgive me in this located in the wrong area, but does anybody plan on trading at the show? I remember a room at C6 specifically for trading vintage and newer star wars items. Does anyone have any info for a C7 trade room? Thanks
Yes, there will be a Collectors Social again during the convention. There will also be vintage collectors assembling at the Hilton after the show with different items for sale. Usually happens in an upstairs hallway or vacant ballroom. Ask around if you see a bunch of people mulling around in the lobby area holding boxes or backpacks. Hope this helps!

James

Reaction score
Yes, there will be a Collectors Social again during the convention. There will also be vintage collectors assembling at the Hilton after the show with different items for sale. Usually happens in an upstairs hallway or vacant ballroom. Ask around if you see a bunch of people mulling around in the lobby area holding boxes or backpacks. Hope this helps!

James
This is what I wanted to know. By any chance do you know if it's going to be on Saturday? I actually showed up late to the one @ CVI and missed out on some great items.

Reaction score
This is what I wanted to know. By any chance do you know if it's going to be on Saturday? I actually showed up late to the one @ CVI and missed out on some great items.

Room sales Friday night at the Hilton (11 PM - 2 AMish) - hopefully near the conference room area, location TBD.

Collectors Swap Meet Saturday night in the Collecting Track area at the convention center (7PM-9PM)

@swroomsales

Info courtesy of ChrisG's post in the vintage section.

Hope this helps!B)

James

Reaction score
Yeah, every time I wanted to look at it I had to use google to find it. And yeah, the prices did increase. I wonder if that's due to demand.

I also noticed that the week before Celebration (April 6-10) the parks are open longer hours (8AM - 12AM for DL) than they are April 13-17, when DL is open from 9 AM to 9 PM. :\

Last edited:
Reaction score
Disneyland and Disney World increased their daily tickets prices recently. That probably trickled down to the convention special.

Reaction score
Yeah, every time I wanted to look at it I had to use google to find it. And yeah, the prices did increase. I wonder if that's due to demand.

I also noticed that the week before Celebration (April 6-10) the parks are open longer hours (8AM - 12AM for DL) than they are April 13-17, when DL is open from 9 AM to 9 PM. :\
Disneyland is open 9AM - 10PM Monday-Thursday of Celebration week. Then 9AM - Midnight on Friday, 9AM - 11PM Saturday and 8AM - Midnight on Sunday.

So that's not too bad. There's even some "extra magic hours" where Disneyland or California Adventure open up an hour earlier than listed. But you have to be staying at a Disney resort to get that access. When I was there last summer our park hopper tickets allowed for a one-time access to the extra magic hours. Not sure if that's the case still. I only bought a one-park ticket this time as I don't plan to bounce back and forth.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol... Sea World and the San Diego zoo are a good 100 miles away. While that may seem "close", it could be a four hour drive. One way.

Reaction score
According to Google maps, during current traffic, 3pm, it would take less then 3 hours to get to the Zoo from Anaheim. The 5 can be pretty icky at times and the 163 bottle necks right at the Zoo, but if you have the time, it's not called the World Famous San Diego Zoo for nothing...

Reaction score
I did the drive from Anaheim to San Diego last February. Although 100 miles there was lots of heavy traffic, with no rhyme or reason behind it, so it turned into a 3 1/2 to 4 hr haul. Bring snacks and h20.

Reaction score
Dang. I'm planning on going to SD on Wednesday after the con. I'm assuming I'll hit crazy traffic leaving at 7am, huh? What about on the way back. If I leave SD around 8PM, am I still looking at lots of traffic?

Reaction score
Room sales Friday night at the Hilton (11 PM - 2 AMish) - hopefully near the conference room area, location TBD.

Collectors Swap Meet Saturday night in the Collecting Track area at the convention center (7PM-9PM)

@swroomsales

Info courtesy of ChrisG's post in the vintage section.

Hope this helps!B)

James
James, thanks bro. I'm taking some 12 backs with me, so HOPEFULLY I can make something happen.

Reaction score
Dang. I'm planning on going to SD on Wednesday after the con. I'm assuming I'll hit crazy traffic leaving at 7am, huh? What about on the way back. If I leave SD around 8PM, am I still looking at lots of traffic?
I'm from San Diego originally. =D 8 pm on a Wed should be fine unless there's an accident. But yeah, mornings are kind of bad on the north-south freeways as there are only two going from north county down to San Diego. Maybe next Wednesday, google directions to/from the convention center and your destination at the times you would be traveling. That might give you a good idea of what you're up against.

What exciting plans do you have in San Diego?

Reaction score
I made the drive on a Thursday last July for Comicon and it wasn't too bad. But I left about 5AM. So set your alarm and get up early. ;)

Reaction score
got my ticket for the 501st afterparty on Friday night. I'm so excited. can't wait to attend.

I'm arriving on Wednesday so I'm thinking of hitting up Disneyland then and going straight for Star Tours and getting some of the exclusive BAD droids. been looking forward to go since I bought the tickets last year.

Reaction score
So I decided to whip up a list of parties, if anyone wants to let me know if I missed something feel free.

Wednesday 4/15
Rebelforce Radio Party - Sheraton Park Hotel

Thursday 4/16
Star Wars Collector's Archive Bash - Hilton Anaheim

Friday 4/17
501st Celebration Bash - Anaheim Marriott

Saturday 4/18
Rebel Legion Charity Dinner - Clarion Hotel

Sunday
????

Last edited: