Celebration Anaheim: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Reaction score
So how many days worth of Disney tickets are you getting Beek? If you're planning on breakfasting in the park each day as well as going with the wifey once she's out, you're going to need a whole lotta days!

*edited because my iPad has a mind of it's own these days

Last edited:
Reaction score
So how many days worth of Disney tickets are you getting Beek? If you're planning on breakfasting in the park each day as well as going with the wifey once she's out, you're going to need a whole lotta days!

*edited because my iPad has a mind of it's own these days
Yeah. Not sure what I was thinking...maybe Downtown Disney Breakfast (you don't need a ticket, much like DW? right).

I am getting a 3 day hopper for the Monday - Wednesday following the Con.

Reaction score
Flying into LA on Saturday the 11th. What is the beast/cheapest way to get to Anaheim area?

thanks

Reaction score
Cool. Thought so!!
It's like a much smaller version of Downtown Disney in Orlando if you've ever been. Some shops, restaurants, and an AMC movie theater. Obviously the lack of available space dictated it be smaller than the Orlando version (which is just HUGE) but it's still a good little spot to run to for shopping/dining.

Reaction score
Downtown Disney and California Adventure are both located in what used to be Disneyland's parking lot and adjacent tiny motels. I remember staying in one of the motels that butted up against thr parking lot as a kid! But yeah... They REALLY used every available square foot they could get their hands on to squish a park and DD into.

Reaction score
Besides having my 4-Day hopper pass for Disney, i also bought a ticket for the 4/12 Angels game. One of my goals is to see all the ballparks. Angels Stadium is the first on the West Coast for me.

Reaction score
Besides having my 4-Day hopper pass for Disney, i also bought a ticket for the 4/12 Angels game. One of my goals is to see all the ballparks. Angels Stadium is the first on the West Coast for me.
They will have a Star Wars themed night at Angels Staduim April 20th

find info here

Last edited:
Reaction score
Aw man, if that was any time during the week of Celebration, I'd definitely go to that, but I'm leaving Monday morning. :(

Reaction score
For those of us visiting the Parks while in Anaheim:

Closure and Refurbishment Schedule
Disneyland Park

• Matterhorn Bobsleds: Closed for refurbishment, reopens May 16.
  • Snow White Grotto and Wishing Well: Originally scheduled to be closed for refurbishment until May 1 but is partially behind scaffolding.
  • Critter Country, including Splash Mountain: All Critter Country attractions, stores and restaurants are closed for refurbishment and will reopen April 3, 2015.
  • Peter Pan’s Flight: Closed for refurbishment and enhancements. Reopens May 8.
  • Magic Eye Theatre: Closed indefinitely.
Disney California Adventure

• Soarin’ Over California: Closed for refurbishment and enhancements. Reopens May 15.
  • Taste Pilot’s Grill: Closed refurbishment and enhancements. Reopens March 13.
  • World of Color: Dark for refurbishment and to upgrade infrastructure for new show. Reopens March 13.
  • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Closed for refurbishment. Reopens March 3.
  • Grizzly River Run: Closed for refurbishment. Reopens March 20.
  • Luigi’s Flying Tires: Closed starting February 17 for re-Imagineering into new attraction. Reopening not yet announced.
  • It’s Tough to be a Bug!: Dark while theater is used for “Cinderella” sneak peek.
  • Muppet*Vision 3D: Dark indefinitely while theater is used for Frozen-themed show.
  • Blue Sky Cellar: Closed indefinitely.

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Disneyland/CA Adventure or the Harbor Blvd. area in general want to give any heads up on good (or bad) places to eat?

I have some brief comments on Disneyland places...

Red Rockett's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland - avoid this place like the plague. Pizza is $7/slice and cardboard covered with red crayons would taste better.

Blue Bayou - Adventureland - well near Pirates of the Caribbean anyway - steak place that is visible from the Pirate ride. Not the best steak but not the worst. It's pricey and you likely will need a reservation for a key dining time. Disney takes reservations via their website though - very easy.

Café Orleans - like the lower priced brother of Blue Bayou. Good sandwiches and other items. It's a sit down place and you can make a reservation here too.

River Belle Terrace - my favorite spot for breakfast because you can sit outside and eat and watch all the goings on.

Rancho del Zocalo - quick service Mexican food in Frontierland - it's not great, but not bad for a theme park

Anyone staying at the Hilton - there is a food court type set-up not far from the lobby with 4-5 different dining options. We only ate at the taco/Mexican place and it wasn't bad.

Reaction score
Yelp isn't popular everywhere, but it's fairly popular in Southern California. I would recommend using the ap while you're in Anaheim, especially if you have a car. It will allow you to try some awesome places you find on Yelp that will likely be cheaper then places right near the parks and less likely to be chain restaurants.

Reaction score
The Disneyland tickets arent consecutive right? Meaning if I buy a 2 day I don't have to use them back to back just as long as they are used within the dates specified right?

Reaction score
The Disneyland tickets arent consecutive right? Meaning if I buy a 2 day I don't have to use them back to back just as long as they are used within the dates specified right?
Correct. Tickets aren't consecutive.

Reaction score
Can anyone answer these two questions for me:

1. Is Downtown Disney actually inside the park? Or is it just like an eating/shopping/promenade type area close the park? Can I stop in without paying park admission?

2. Can I get a Dole Whip anywhere without paying park admission?

I'd like to hit these two highlights, but I just don't have the time/cash/desire to devote to a whole day at the park.

Reaction score
Downtown Disney is basically between the two parks. Unfortunately, the Dole Whip is only available inside Disneyland.

Reaction score
We're going to Los Angeles for the day on Wednesday. Got tickets for the 12:00 taping of The Price Is Right. I'm not completed settled on what else to do that day.

Thursday-Sunday will be convention for most of my day, and hopefully LEGOland on Monday (Hoping LEGO does free tickets with a $50 purchase like they did at Celebration VI).

Reaction score
No! They so a small interview of every audience member as they are lining up to entry the studio. They pick people with interesting responses to their questions. I guess I'm boring? Lol