Celebration Anaheim: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Reaction score
Looks like a bunch of us are going to have some great vacations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had read somewhere that the best time to purchase airline tickets was about 67 days out so I waited and checked the travel websites almost daily. From this past Thursday into Friday morning airline ticket prices dropped $110.00 overnight for my trip! It was 70 days out from when I planned to leave. My wife and I will be coming in on Saturday and spending time at Disney, taking a Hollywood studio tour and a tour of the BB Iowa at San Pedro. It will also give us time to explore the Convention Center prior to the show. We did that a couple of days prior tot he Orlando shows when it was empty and quiet and was a lot of fun.

Reaction score
arriving a few days early and taking a whale watching tour, check out huntington beach and gonna check out the hollywood walk of fame/ Mann Theatre tour. got 2 round trip tix nonstop from Tampa to Lax and hot for 6 days for $525

Reaction score
arriving a few days early and taking a whale watching tour, check out huntington beach and gonna check out the hollywood walk of fame/ Mann Theatre tour. got 2 round trip tix nonstop from Tampa to Lax and hot for 6 days for $525
That sounds like a great deal. Where are you staying?

Reaction score
$525? That is good deal. Who did you book with and where are you staying?

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the 40% discount to Medieval Times? My brother and I are booked for Wednesday night. Maybe I'll see some of you there?

Reaction score
Looks like the Bash is now public:

Are you attending Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim in April? Do you want to get down with the Empire at the official #501st afterparty? A limited number of tickets are now open to the public on a first-come first-served basis, so act now to secure your spot for Friday, April 17th at 8pm for music, dancing, giveaways and general Imperial debauchery: http://bit.ly/1L0bOqx #StarWars #StarWarsCelebration #501stBash

Please note that this is an 18+ event, and members of The Rebel Legion, The 501st Legion and Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club should use their own club code when purchasing tickets for appropriate pricing.

Reaction score
Man! That's a bit too steep and I don't think our (then) 4-month-old will be quite old enough to attend. But, I hope you guys have have a fab time!!

Reaction score
Yup. They were $26.

Even the banquet/bash combo cost less at CVI than just the bash this time.

Reaction score
I just want to point out a few things about Disneyland to those of you who've only gone to Disney World. Disneyland IS smaller. Paths aren't as wide, but I feel like there are more rides and attractions. Distances aren't as great between rides. Most of the rides are not wheelchair accessible via their entrances and require special handicapped entrances that you need a card for. Get this at the Town Hall just left of the entrance to the park, next to the fire department. And things are laid out differently...

A FEW examples:
Toon Town is in the Northend of the park, just past the train tracks ring. Not near Tomorrowland.
It's A Small World is not RIGHT in Fantasyland. It's north east of it.
The Haunted Mansion is South of the lake, just before Splash Mountain. Not North.
Big Thunder Mountain is to the right of the North end of the lake.
Indiana Jones is where Pirates of the Carribean is.
The Mattehrorn and the Submarine ride actually exist here...

oh, and Star Tours is in it's rightful place, right near the entrance to Tomorrowland

Reaction score
Wonder how many people don't do their research and run in with WDW on the brain and just get confused as heck?!?

Reaction score
Wonder how many people don't do their research and run in with WDW on the brain and just get confused as heck?!?
There will probably be plenty. One thing to keep in mind is how old school Disneyland is to Disney World. At Disneyland, they still use paper park tickets as well as the paper fastpass system. If you interested in utilizing the fastpass system, do your research. There are some tricks to it.

Reaction score
Blows my mind they used to use the letter tickets for the actual rides way back when. I have always been to WDW from about 5 yrs old on. Always remember waiting in line but it not being TOO bad. Now it just boggles my mind now how crazy lines/attractions are. Without FP(and now FP+) you prob wouldn't be able to get on all the super popular rides you wanted to do/see....

Last edited:
Reaction score
One of my regrets in visiting Disneyland was going to
WDW first, instead of Anaheim. However, I still felt
a sigh of nostalgia going to where it all started.

Reaction score
Sadly, the Matterhorn will be closed during Celebration. Boo!
Noooooo!!! That is seriously the ride I was most looking forward to. I was 7 years old the last time I was at Disneyland and I didn't get to ride the Matterhorn. I've been looking forward to going back so I could ride it for 41 years!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My daughter kindly pointed out that a few Disney attractions will be closed for Celebration (I think she was enjoying this fact since she'll be home in school). At Disneyland the Matterhorn ride is currently closed and won't open until May. The Peter Pan's Flight ride will also be closed during Celebration. At CA Adventure - Soarin' is closed until May as well. The current list of attractions that are closed is pretty large - I'd be really disappointed if I was there this week. But I think these are the only three that might affect some folks as they make their way to the parks around Celebration.
Yep... in addition to Matterhorn there are a few other closures.

Reaction score
Not sure if there are any 501st folk here but my wife and I were interested in going to the 501st party but we don't know anyone so will we be out of place or is there stuff to do that it won't feel awkward?

Reaction score
Not sure if there are any 501st folk here but my wife and I were interested in going to the 501st party but we don't know anyone so will we be out of place or is there stuff to do that it won't feel awkward?
Hey there, i attended the last bash in Orlando, and i am not a member nor did i know anyone. BUT..still had a blast and met another couple of people from my area so we all hung out that night. It was such an amazing and party filled nite(perhaps one too many Jabba cocktails lol) and it was the "place" to be that week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought my discounted convention tickets to Disney today. Bought a 5-day as it was only $16 more than a 4-day. So while I'm not sure I'll make it every day - won't hurt to know I've got it covered for such a small amount.

So I think I'm all set - hotel booked months ago through the Celebration website, tickets purchased to Celebration, airplane tickets in hand, and now Disney tickets.

Let's get this thing started!