Celebration Anaheim: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Reaction score
Great -- thanks guys!
I do plan on buying some stuff, but bringing it back with me, might be an issue due to the volume of things I buy.
Paying an excess fee, might take the sting out of having to ferry everything to the post office.

What about purchasing cartons and packing material?

Reaction score
Sure it will be expensive, but it'll save the hassle of having to carry around a large amount of boxed items with me. I'll be sure to bring xtra cash for FedEx

Reaction score
Hoping there will be some "room" sales going on. Need to fill in some holes in my Vintage collection! :)

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is going to be a 501st Bash like they had at Celebration 6? If they are when do you think the tickets would go on sale?

Thanks,

DL

Reaction score
That's the plan. Another banquet possibly too.

Check the 501st forums for info. It's not to be missed!

Reaction score
Yup. That's how you can go to Banquet/Bash. You have to be a member. That or know someone in the Legion that can invite you. They are not publicly sold.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You are right!

Guess the banquet was only 501st.

If that is the case again, I'll keep an eye out on the 501st forums for any info I can post.

Reaction score
If anyone is ever wanting to tour Rancho Obi-Wan I'd suggest doing it another time. The only reason is that when the wife and I went EVERYTHING was there, i.e. they hadn't packed stuff up to exhibit at C6 or to send to Germany, etc. And, perhaps more importantly, we got to take our time. Steve never made us feel rushed. I assume they'll have a busy schedule for CVII and while you might have plenty of time to see everything and still not feel rushed - there's potential that they could have multiple visits the same day and you only have a certain window of time.

I'd suggest doing what I did... schedule a long weekend and fly into San Fran... rent a car and tour the wine country... go over to the coast (love Bodega Bay and the beaches there)... then hit Rancho one afternoon. You'll never regret it.

Reaction score
How far is Hollywood from the Anaheim hotel area? Does anyone know about Hollywood movie studio tours? Are they worth it? Would anyone recommend doing it?

thanks
NICK

Reaction score
FedEx was also there. Of course they love to increase their prices and tack on the "handling fee". I remember I still got charged that fee despite having everything already packed. Just needed a label.
At CV, I asked if I could package my stuff.I was told no problem.
No "handling fee". At the time, they were quite busy. True story.

Reaction score
501st Legion is a member only organization. However, their
"sister" group, Rebel Legion, was given the opportunity to purchase tickets
also once 501st members had first choice.

Reaction score
This is turning into quite a venture.

Arriving the Tuesday prior to Celebration and staying at the Hilton through Sunday....Mrs. Beek arrives that day (will she finally make a SW con appearance? ). My buds family is traveling with her. We're all doing a Disney week from Monday to Friday.

Definitely looking for fun places during Celebration - any good bars fellas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting in early Tuesday and leaving early Sunday. Doing the con Frio and Sat. Most likely doing a day of Disney Parks and a day of fishing somewhere on the coast. Looking forward to evening festivities with many of you folks.

Reaction score
Arriving with my family April 11 (my birthday BTW) and going to Disney and seeing CA up until the con starts, then leaving after Celebration on Sunday the 19th. This will be our first chance of going to Disneyland after years of going to WDW. Can't wait.

Reaction score
DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM
ticket information.

On some tickets, expiration dates
are from December
31, 2015
or
January 13, 2016. Disney tickets generally
increase in price
every year. Unlike Walt Disney World, there is not an
"no expiration option".
Possibly, but not guaranteed, purchasing tickets at this
year's rate is good
until the end of 2015!
Go to the site below, click
on "buy" in any ticket category and read the fine print.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

Last edited:
Reaction score
DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM
ticket information.

On some tickets, expiration dates
are from December
31, 2015
or
January 13, 2016. Disney tickets generally
increase in price
every year. Unlike Walt Disney World, there is not an
"no expiration option".
Possibly, but not guaranteed, purchasing tickets at this
year's rate is good
until the end of 2015!
Go to the site below, click
on "buy" in any ticket category and read the fine print.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

I've been waiting for Disney to release their package pricing to see if that is better than getting tix and hotel separately. After being told by a travel agent that package prices won't be released until August or September, decided to grab a hotel just to have it locked in. Next will be tickets if the package doesn't work out. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Any time my friend!
At CV there was an event ticket especially for SW
fans at Walt Disney World at $75.00 a pop. Disney Studios was shut down just for us.
Yes, pricey. I was there and it was worth every penny.
Hope they do the same thing at Disneyland.

Reaction score
I was at the CV Disney event as well and had a GREAT time. I was very disappointed when they didn't do it for C6. I hope they do something like that for C:A. My wife and I still plan on going to Disney prior to the con anyway for a least a couple of days. I am looking at another day for a studio tour and the Battleship Iowa tour. Probably coming in Saturday prior to the con.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was at Last Tour to Endor as well and was disappointed there was nothing at CVI. I'm hoping for the same at Disneyland (and think it would be a great way of testing for their own version of Star Wars Weekends). No matter what they do, my week in CA will be half Disney and half Celebration, so it will be fun.

Reaction score
I was at the CV Disney event as well and had a GREAT time. I was very disappointed when they didn't do it for C6. I hope they do something like that for C:A. My wife and I still plan on going to Disney prior to the con anyway for a least a couple of days. I am looking at another day for a studio tour and the Battleship Iowa tour. Probably coming in Saturday prior to the con.
I also loved going to Disney at CV, but do you think the reason they didn't have it again at CVI was maybe they didn't get the turnout they hoped for.? Not sure what the turnout was, but the park looked pretty full to me. I really hope they offer that during C:A

Reaction score
If I would have known about the CV Disney tickets, I wouldn't have paid full price at the gate. Grrrrrr

Reaction score
The way I looked at DISNEY in CV, Uncle George showed up.
Disney would have been a fool not having something special.
Let's hope something "special" happens in Anaheim.

Reaction score
No 501st Banquet for CVII. Only the Bash will happen. Info for tickets will be coming soon.

Reaction score
I believe next year is Disneylands 60th Anniversary. Maybe they will have something in conjunction with that? Hope we get information soon about the 501st Bash. It was great last time.

Reaction score
Looks like the Bash will be on Friday and they are looking at about $60 a person.

Reaction score
The 501st Legion had some concerns about cost and went
with he BASH instead at the Marriott.
I guess the highest bidder gets the ballroom.

Reaction score
I'm staying at the Marriott, so I don't have to go anywhere. YES! But $60 a person wow! If I remember correctly it was only $26.00 a person at C6. California is really expensive.

Reaction score
I think it was $60 at CVI too but WITH the banquet included. If they were going to have the banquet at CVII, it was going to be over $100 a person. o-o

Reaction score
Definately interested in this bash. would love to know more about it. what happens there. I see it costs $60 per person...is it first come first served, pay at door. is there a website for the event. I'd love to attend

Reaction score
I am a member of the 501st Legion.
Tix are sold to members first, Rebel Legion, Merc.'s etc.
if you know someone who belongs to 501st, they'll be
getting the tix.

Reaction score
Been to the BASH at CV/CVI.
Awesome finger food, terrific drinks!
Special SW guest(s) make an appearance
and party with the fans.
Truly one of the highlights of Celebration.
Did I memtion the live band????