Celebration Anaheim: Beforehand, Afterhours & Afterwards

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So...for those coming in early, what places do you plan to visit before Celebration begins?

For those that like to stay up all night, once the show wraps each day, where can we find you?

For the fans that want to begin their vacation with Celebration, but end it a week after that, what's the plan?

Reaction score
Well, you have two Disney parks literally, across the street.

Other places that aren't too far away are:

Sea World
San Diego Zoo
Universal Studios
Knott's Berry Farm

I would love to go to Skywalker Ranch, but that is quite a drive to get there from Anaheim.

Reaction score
Well, you have two Disney parks literally, across the street.

Other places that aren't too far away are:

Sea World
San Diego Zoo
Universal Studios
Knott's Berry Farm

I would love to go to Skywalker Ranch, but that is quite a drive to get there from Anaheim.
Lol from So Cal to Nor Cal. Knott's Berry Farm for sure. I'm obsessed with their Jams and Syrups -_-

Reaction score
Someone also mentioned visiting the sand dunes where ROTJ was filmed. Is that close?

Reaction score
Never been to Disneyland or California Adventure. Would like to do that and hit Downtown Disney a couple nights.

Reaction score
Lol from So Cal to Nor Cal. Knott's Berry Farm for sure. I'm obsessed with their Jams and Syrups -_-
Oh wow, I forgot about Knotts Berry Farm! I haven't been there since I was like 7 years old - a time when the hero of our favorite saga was still called the Starkiller.

Definitely going to plan a day at KBF, and probably two days at Disneyland since I haven't been there since I was 7 either (unless you count a corporate party in a corner of the California Adventure park several years ago).

Reaction score
Someone also mentioned visiting the sand dunes where ROTJ was filmed. Is that close?
The sand dunes are out on the California border nearest Yuma Arizona. That is 250 miles or so.

True story: My wife as a young girl saw the sand barge scenes being filmed and even got to meet Mark Hamill. She grew up in Yuma.

Reaction score
I've heard some groups are talking about going up to Ranch Obiwan for a day before or after the convention. I think that would be neat but a bit far for me to travel. Definitely plan to try to hit Disneyland for a day, especially if they have anything new that is star wars related by then.

Reaction score
I've heard some groups are talking about going up to Ranch Obiwan for a day before or after the convention. I think that would be neat but a bit far for me to travel. Definitely plan to try to hit Disneyland for a day, especially if they have anything new that is star wars related by then.
They may want to look into that, because I'm sure Steve and co will be at CVII. They may have to close to prep for bringing things to the con.

Reaction score
My wife and I will definitely be hitting Disneyland before Celebration starts! I'm hoping for some kind of special Star Wars-only event, similar to Last Tour to Endor, as well.

Reaction score
Does Skywalker Ranch do regular tours? I'm thinking of driving down from Vancouver, San Fran would be on the way...

Reaction score
My wife's birthday is on the 19th, and since she's a Disneyland maniac, that's where I'm spending all my non-con time.

Reaction score
Considering how close we'll probably be to the release of SW VII, anyone think they may do one of those big Disney movie premieres at Disney?

Reaction score
Here's what they put on the Rancho Obiwan facebook page:

It's two years until the next Celebration, but already we've had dozens of questions about visits to Rancho Obi-Wan. We are a 6 to 8 hour drive or a one hour plane trip north, in the San Francisco area. But we will be announcing plans in the next few months to make it as easy as possible to pay a visit either before or after Celebration VII. We look forward to seeing many of you again!

I'd love to make it out there sometime, but not this trip unfortunately.

They may want to look into that, because I'm sure Steve and co will be at CVII. They may have to close to prep for bringing things to the con.

Reaction score
My wife and I will be taking our little Asoka to Disneyland Mon-Wed beforehand. We've been season ticket holders and this will be lil one's first Dland trip. Should be a blast!

I am hoping D23 sees the rumored announcement of a Tomorrowland facelift incorporating Star Wars throughout. As well, we'd love a Last Tour of Endor style night event one night. Given that Dland has closed early for other events (trick or treating comes to mind), this should be very feasible.

Reaction score
I thought about doing that too but you have to pay the yearly fee which isn't cheap. Then you have to go according to their calendar. It's about a 6 hour drive from Anaheim and I ndon't think they'll be doing tours during Celebration because Sansweet will more than likely be attending. I think this will be something the wife and I will do another time.

Reaction score
It sounds like we may have something new to look forward to in Tomorrowland.

MiceChat - Disneyland Resort, MiceAge Update - MiceAge Update: In A Tomorrowland Not So Far Away

Meanwhile, Disney’s purchase 10 months ago of Lucasfilm turned the plans to remake Disneyland’s Tomorrowland on its ear. Out were ride concepts based on Tron and Marvel, and in was a Star Wars invasion of nearly the entire land. Disneyland operations teams don’t want the park in construction mode for the 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary, so the plan to remake Tomorrowland is now being broken up into two phases.

The first phase is planned to get underway this winter with the closing of Captain EO and major “placemaking” work on the existing buildings that mostly date from 1967. The 15 months of work would wrap up by early spring 2015 in time for the 60[SUP]th[/SUP], and leave a new Star Wars 3D movie in the old Captain EO theater, new destinations programmed into Star Tours based on the seventh Star Wars movie to be released in summer 2015, and a freshened aesthetic to the buildings surrounding Space Mountain. Once the 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary begins to wind down, the real work begins on plans to build a Star Wars speeder bike coaster on the old PeopleMover tracks, plus more Star Wars eye candy and freshened facilities throughout the land.

The biggest of the Star Wars offerings wouldn’t open until after the 60[SUP]th[/SUP] is over, and the construction in Anaheim’s Tomorrowland would be in conjunction to a similar Star Wars expansion for Disney’s Hollywood Studios out in WDW.

Reaction score
It sounds like we may have something new to look forward to in Tomorrowland.

MiceChat - Disneyland Resort, MiceAge Update - MiceAge Update: In A Tomorrowland Not So Far Away

Meanwhile, Disney’s purchase 10 months ago of Lucasfilm turned the plans to remake Disneyland’s Tomorrowland on its ear. Out were ride concepts based on Tron and Marvel, and in was a Star Wars invasion of nearly the entire land. Disneyland operations teams don’t want the park in construction mode for the 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary, so the plan to remake Tomorrowland is now being broken up into two phases.

The first phase is planned to get underway this winter with the closing of Captain EO and major “placemaking” work on the existing buildings that mostly date from 1967. The 15 months of work would wrap up by early spring 2015 in time for the 60[SUP]th[/SUP], and leave a new Star Wars 3D movie in the old Captain EO theater, new destinations programmed into Star Tours based on the seventh Star Wars movie to be released in summer 2015, and a freshened aesthetic to the buildings surrounding Space Mountain. Once the 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary begins to wind down, the real work begins on plans to build a Star Wars speeder bike coaster on the old PeopleMover tracks, plus more Star Wars eye candy and freshened facilities throughout the land.

The biggest of the Star Wars offerings wouldn’t open until after the 60[SUP]th[/SUP] is over, and the construction in Anaheim’s Tomorrowland would be in conjunction to a similar Star Wars expansion for Disney’s Hollywood Studios out in WDW.
That would be epic.

Reaction score
I am flying in early Tuesday from New Orleans with my friend. We are going to check out some sites the first 2 days before CVII. After CVII we plan on going to DisneyLand for 2 days.

Reaction score
Now that would be pretty cool if the new portion of Tomorrowland opened during Celebration Anaheim and there was a CV-style party for Celebration Attendees to, well, celebrate it's opening. And I mean it opens THAT night, none of this bogus "Last Tour to Endor," but not really, crap. :)

Reaction score
Any of you guys do stogies and gentlemans bars? It's been a good nine years since i last went. Thats what marriage does to ya, lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking for some information from locals. How far away is the Battleship Iowa from the host hotel area? What is the best way to get there?

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to visiting both Disney parks! As an annual pass holder in Disney World it'll be a change for sure! Plus the Indiana Jones ride is the most anticipated ride for me!

Reaction score
Thanks, maybe a car rental day. I see they have several ticket options for the aquarium and the queen mary

Reaction score
A few friends and myself will be making the trek from Canada! 3 of the 4 of us have never been that way before. We are definitely planning on going to the happiest place on earth as well as universal studios. I'm really hoping Disneyland has some cool Star Wars attractions. It's going to be a blast!

Reaction score
A few friends and myself will be making the trek from Canada! 3 of the 4 of us have never been that way before. We are definitely planning on going to the happiest place on earth as well as universal studios. I'm really hoping Disneyland has some cool Star Wars attractions. It's going to be a blast!
As far as Star Wars Attractions go, Disneyland only has Star Tours. There is also a Jedi Training academy entertainment show, where Jedis teach young kids from the crowd to use a lightsaber and battle Darth Vader and Darth Maul.

There is also the Indiana Jones Adventure which is an excellent ride as well.

Reaction score
FedEx was also there. Of course they love to increase their prices and tack on the "handling fee". I remember I still got charged that fee despite having everything already packed. Just needed a label.