Celebration Anaheim: Art

Jez

Reaction score
'm delighted with the Malcolm Tween artwork. It'll go beautifully next to my Endor Patrol and Hoth ones i collected at CE2.
I'm pretty sure his sold out in Essen.
I also really like the the Jason Christman Falcon for Hire, i can see that somewhere in the kitchen or office :)
Same with the Russell Walks artwork, really eye catching.
Scott Harben's Vader on Hoth art is kinda cool, that might end up in my tube.
The Brandon Kenney style wouldn't be my typical cup of tea but i am beginning a LXW focus, uh oh, i can see where this is going!
Jason Palmer & Brian Rood have created beautiful pieces that capture some great scenes and feature the best vehicles/ships.
The Tsuneo Sanda Stormtrooper looks very cool, every Stormtrooper focus collector should get that.
I love the Jerry Vaderstelt art, blimy i'm gonna have to start saving. I'll need a bigger house!
That's 9!
Some other excellent artwork that i haven't mentioned, as i'm not so taken with the prequels and Rebels but i'm really impressed. It's just such a shame that the artists get squeezed more and more each time.
See you in the gallery:)

Reaction score
This isn't officially part of the Art Show, but Star Wars fan, collector, and talented artist Jamie Snell did some VERY cool art for the Droid Builders for Celebration Anaheim (low-res "preview" shown):

We liked the art so much we're having some 18x24 prints professionally made on 100# poster paper. Mainly, these were for Club members who want a print of the art, but we do have a few spots left to reach our minimum allotment for printing. Also, I consider Rebelscummers my family, as well. :) So, if you're going to Celebration and want to pick up one you can secure yours here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7H84SK3BMBY7N

Price per 18x24 print came to about $22 (after Paypal fees, etc).

I will be distributing these at Celebration personally. Pick-up will be in one of the Droid Builders areas. I'll be sending an email a week before the show to everyone who orders one, with info on how/where to pick them up at the show as well as my personal contact info (mobile #).

We ARE placing an order on Sunday whether we have one more claimed or not, so you have until then to get one. After that, it's just a matter of if we have ANY extras, but those would most likely go into our prize pool for giveaway drawings.

You can order more than 1, but remember we'll be closing it off on Sunday and placing the order with the vendor:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7H84SK3BMBY7N

MTFBWY!

Reaction score
Yeah. That is it.

The talent is there ... nothing to do with that.

Even Cat Staggs piece. I have her previous two Empire pieces and love them.

This one looks so off it's not funny.

I just don't know. First time in forever I am not ordering any.

Reaction score
I preordered Jeff Carlisle's print. The inclusion of the Droids characters was enough for me to need that one.

Reaction score
I got Brian Rood's print to complete the trilogy!

There were some good prints, but overall I wasn't too impressed. I too was hoping for some Ep VII prints, but I don't think there was enough lead time and movie images for the artists to come up with something great.

If I get a second print it would be Steve Anderson's or Carlisle's.

Reaction score
I preordered the Malcolm Tween print. I'll likely get others but I want to see what catches my eye at the show.

Reaction score
Ordered Carlisle and Gould. Nothing else jumped out at me and some of the prices were a bit out there so that discouraged me from buying.

Heming and hawing around getting the two print offer from Trevas. I'm not getting the newest Celebration piece. It still looks off to me.

Reaction score
$200 for a 18" print... Pass.

$100 maybe.

All the scalpers will be there getting them. I'll pass.

Reaction score
Eyeballing the Miller, Harben, and Skaggs prints. Probably just get the Miller and Skaggs one for now. I like the vintage war poster creations.

Reaction score
So Tom Hodges created 4 more attraction posters for his CV print. I really want these! Any help would be awesome....

Reaction score
Here is a tip for cheap, durable poster/art tubes for shipping & transport. Visit you local friendly neighborhood window tint shop. Ask if they will save you an empty core or 2. Usual sizes are 20" or 36". They are white pvc style plastic about 3" in diameter. We throw these away. You will have to seal the ends, but they are extremely durable and waterproof. If you are in the Orlando Florida area, I have several to share.

Reaction score
Question from a newbie : can you buy non star wars art at an artist's booth ? Just wondering if I should order online or wait for a Celebration pick up...

Thanks.

Reaction score
Question from a newbie : can you buy non star wars art at an artist's booth ? Just wondering if I should order online or wait for a Celebration pick up...

Thanks.
I think it depends what the artist brings with them to the show. I don't believe there are any restrictions on non-Star Wars prints being for sale.