Celebration Anaheim: Art

Reaction score
With my limited budget I'm probably only going to pick up Matt Busch's. It's really the only one that draws my interest though. I like Randy Martinez but not enough to drop the cash.

Reaction score
Alex Ross Art booth will be at Celebration but no Alex Ross.:confused:
I'm definitely disappointed to hear that. I was looking forward to meeting the man who has created some of the most amazing pieces in the modern age of pop culture. Still like his art though.

Reaction score
Does Alex Ross ever go to conventions? I think I saw him at SDCC once, but that's about it.

Reaction score
I have a few questions. Will preordering exclusive prints for pick up at Celebration be possible? Will we know more info prior to the con such as the dimensions the prints are offered in? I'm thinking of bringing a storage tube and want to make sure it is long enough.

Thanks for any info...

Last edited:
Reaction score
^Yes and Yes. Vanderstelt has said his preorder will be around the end of March(or somewhere near).

Last edited:
Reaction score
^Yes and Yes. Vanderstelt has said his preorder will be around the end of March(or somewhere near).
Does that imply that each artist handles their preorders individually? There isn't a set date all celebration exclusive art will be up for preorder or anything like that?

I should just keep checking the celebration web page for that info?...or is it better to search out each artists own site?

Thanks again for the info.

Reaction score
usually Acme handles preorders via Dark Ink, unless thats changed.

Does that imply that each artist handles their preorders individually? There isn't a set date all celebration exclusive art will be up for preorder or anything like that?

I should just keep checking the celebration web page for that info?...or is it better to search out each artists own site?

Reaction score
The Dark Ink preorder went pretty smooth. Believe Chris Trevas' piece was the only quick sell out.

Reaction score
Any word on the preorder situation? Even pricing would be nice. Most of these you can estimate based on past prices but it would be nice to know exactly how much these are.

Reaction score
Any word on the preorder situation? Even pricing would be nice. Most of these you can estimate based on past prices but it would be nice to know exactly how much these are.
I tweeted Acme and they responded that there will be a preorder would begin March 30th.

Reaction score
Thanks Kenobi77! That's the first bit of info regarding the preorder date most of us even heard.

Things are moving at a snails pace regarding info, except the days till Celebration, which seem to fly by.

Reaction score
Yes, my experience is that each artist will do pre-orders themselves. I have seen a few art pieces I am interested in having pre-orders on the respective artist's website. A few years ago when I got Adam Hughes piece, he did pre-orders through his Yahoo fan club.

Reaction score
I was very disappointed when Adam Hughes dropped out. His is the only art I have purchased over the past three Celebrations. I am eyeballing the Walks piece though -- I love pulp novels.

Reaction score
Posted on FB:

Our Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Exclusive: Ralph McQuarrie An Illustrated Life poster by Mark Raats. We asked Mark to create a Star Wars version for our documentary that we are currently working on. Mark will be with us at the Ralph McQuarrie booth Thursday, Friday and Saturday for signing. Limited to 250 signed and numbered prints. Measures 25x37. Posters will be available for pre orders on Monday, March 16th.

Reaction score
I was very disappointed when Adam Hughes dropped out. His is the only art I have purchased over the past three Celebrations. I am eyeballing the Walks piece though -- I love pulp novels.
Adam Hughes has a habit of dropping out. He did the same thing for celebrations V and VI.

Reaction score
I like his art immensely but you are right in your observation. His habit of dropping out of shows is annoying.

Even on his Facebook page I read his comments as that guy who is just to self important and creates an air of "I'm to busy creating art to be bothered to go out and mix with the commoners."

Maybe he'll make Celebration 2020.

Reaction score
I like his art immensely but you are right in your observation. His habit of dropping out of shows is annoying. Even on his Facebook page I read his comments as that guy who is just to self important and creates an air of "I'm to busy creating art to be bothered to go out and mix with the commoners." Maybe he'll make Celebration 2020.
End of the month

Reaction score
Thats not quite the case, its become more difficult for artists over the years in the manner in which they are controlled at Celebration.

I like his art immensely but you are right in your observation. His habit of dropping out of shows is annoying.

Even on his Facebook page I read his comments as that guy who is just to self important and creates an air of "I'm to busy creating art to be bothered to go out and mix with the commoners."

Maybe he'll make Celebration 2020.

Reaction score
It's my first time at Celebration so... forgive me if the question sounds stupid : are the "art guests" going to sign anything at all ? I'm looking forward to meeting Alex Ross and wanted to know if I need to bring an item.