Celebration Anaheim: Art

Reaction score
I've heard that it's crazy expensive for artists to attend Star Wars Celebrations. Nothing is comp'd and Acme takes a cut of everything. I know at least one artist who decided he didn't want to lose money on this show when he could do better business at smaller cons like Wizard World.

Reaction score
Once Acme took over it became frustrating for many reasons for the Artists. The Art show is one of my main draws each time and I spend a lot of time talking with the artists and I feel thier pain, and Acme has definitely dropped the ball on a few issues. AH not attending is maddening, not for him, but Im sure for the Acme driven reasons why. AH made one of the best prints ever for Celebration which still retains very high value, if not the highest to date among all artists. He did this with even two released of the same print (C4/CE). I think if your one of the more popular artists who easily sells out or less known looking for exposure then it can be worthwhle but Ive heard from so many that its not. Looking forward to another 30 Fetts and Slave Leias! :)

Reaction score
Beyond frustrated with ACME - mostly for the Christian Waggoner deal that went down. Will never be able to forgive them for that major loss. Jerks.

Reaction score
I just got permission to show off some exclusive art I created for Celebration. It's for the tattoo festival.

Reaction score
I picked up art from Cat Staggs and Marc Wolfe at the last celebration in Orlando, will be exciting to see what they come up with.

Reaction score
If Cat completes the EMpire recruitment prints I will get that.

Jerry V will be on my list for sure.

Trevas may make it if he makes a comeback for Celebration.

Reaction score
Steve Anderson: Rebels

Drew Baker: Burden

Matt Busch: Encounter on Panna Prime

Jeff Carlisle

Reaction score
Jason Christman: Falcon for Hire

Jeff Confer: Star Wars Troopers

Katie Cook: Return of the Jedi

Joe Corroney: The Inquisitor’s Gift

Reaction score
Doug Cowan: Outpost

Chris Dee: Heroes of the 501st

Grant Gould: The Legend of Thrawn

Karen Hallion: Queen and Princess

Reaction score
Scott Harben: Vader’s Landing

Stephen Hayford: Rebel Break

Brandon Kenney: Suiting Up

Lee Kohse: Apprentice Leia

Reaction score
Ken Lashley

Erik Maell: Gioconda Amidala

Randy Martinez: Darth Vader: Beyond Borders

Brian Miller: Remember the Death Star

Reaction score
Jake Murray: Sparring Practice

William O’Neill: A Guiding Force

Jason Palmer

Brian Rood: A New Hope

Reaction score
Chris Trevas: The Folly of TK-421

Malcolm Tween: Desert Sands

Jerry VaderStelt: The Call of Destiny

Russell Walks: The Star Wars

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those!

The ones that jump out at me at first glance are:

Bush (is that from the Holiday Special???)
Cowan (love the vaguely Impressionist style of this one.)
Harben (not sure what it is about this one. Guess I just have a thing for Hoth scenes.)
Rood (probably my favorite of Brian's Celebration prints to date.)
Tween (feeling like this is a must buy for me. Really wish I liked his Falcon print from CV better.)
Vanderstelt (I like that this isn't a collage and isn't a scene directly from the movie).

I like a lot of the others as well, but prints aren't generally my thing so I'm really choosey about what I pick up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice! finally! Def would love to snag Trevas' print and Vanderstelt! Corroney's looks nice. Harben too! Need to look over the list again!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Doug Cowan and Cat Staggs are on my listl.

Maybes

Palmer
Rood
JV
Scott Harben (much better than the Trevas of this subject).

Reaction score
To me, Han looks horrible. Look at his shooting arm. There is no way it would be like that even in a struggle.

Reaction score
Maybe Chris will touch it up by C7. That Rood looks very cool looking at it again.

My list:
JV(def)
Trevas
Cook
Harben
Corroney(maybe, I usually get his stuff)
Rood(I like it but Ive never got anything from him)
I'd like to support Shea and Chris Dee, but Ill see how funds are.
I'm not going but throwing this out I'll need help on prob the Cook, JV, and Trevas. Maybe Harben if people go nuts over his. The rest I can prob get straight from the artists after...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe Chris will touch it up by C7. That Rood looks very cool looking at it again.

My list:
JV(def)
Trevas
Cook
Harben
Corroney(maybe, I usually get his stuff)
Rood(I like it but Ive never got anything from him)
I'd like to support Shea and Chris Dee, but Ill see how funds are.
I'm not going but throwing this out I'll need help on prob the Cook, JV, and Trevas. Maybe Harben if people go nuts over his. The rest I can prob get straight from the artists after...
Let me know, I'll help you where I can.

Reaction score
Well if you prob aren't getting Trevas, I def take help on that. We'll see how things go when it goes live. Prob JVs, Cooks, Trevas, and Harben. Whatever help is appreciated.

Reaction score
I'm dissapointed in the selection. Only 2 stand out to me...

Hopefully other exclusives stand out.

Reaction score
The Art show is one of the big draws for me at Celebrations. Ive been to all 9. However, Ive been buying less and less each time as IMO the quality has gone down as has the subject material desirability. Having some insight into the selection process and contraints on artists I'm not over surprised. This round up is the first time I would'nt feel I missed out if I bought nothing. I dont think we're going to see first day sell outs like in previous years, and usually its only 2-3 sell outs by the end of the show. I might get an adnerson for the Rebels cast to sign; Cook because I have the other two; Hallion does such great work but this submission not so much and Amidala will hurt it; the Martinez I dont mind and would look good framed up with the right color matting as a pop art piece in the house, but I wont be buying; Palmer and Rood will do good because they look good and have a following; love Alex Ross but not this work, nice appearance by Groot though; when I first saw these I was on my phone and I thought the Trevas print was based off of action figures and he used the Large Head han, even my wife pointed that out, everything about this print is awkward and if you even have a modicum of OCD you cannot look at this for long; Tween is always great and much better in person; Vandersteld used to be an old must for me, but his last couple have been easy passes; Im on the fence about this one and will reserve judgement in person, I have some affinity having visitited that site in Tunisia; Walks is good but only if you ilke that time of Pulp homage, still on the fence about it as Ive seen/have better versions; Finally Lin Zy, while I would have liked a more photorealistic version this is a great print and IMO will be a dark horse sleeper it. If there is a stand along movie with Sabine in the future this print will go ape crazy in the after market. There is homage to art nouveau, which is what Adam Huges did in C4 and CE1 and those continue to be the top reselling prints of all Celebration time. I think her work continues to grow and grow with the artistry starting to rival her hubbys (Matt Busch). Those two adding specialized areas for remarks is genius, and allows everyone to have a unique copy.